Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Child of Sacrifice ❯ Tastes like Pain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Beep.

Michael Lee lay on the small bed, wishing he could see what everyone was talking about.

Beep.

But why couldn't he see? And why where people whose voices he didn't recognize talking about him?

Beep.

They where, weren't they? Why did they talk in babbled language? Where was he? What had happened?

Beep.

And what the hell was that annoying beeping noise???

Robin Sena stared at her lap in the waiting room, turning over a piece of metal in her hands.

"Ms. Sena?" A nurse in a white smock walked up to her, smiling falsely.

"How is he, Ma'am?" Robin asked quietly. "Is he alright?"

The nurse fiddled with her papers. "Well, no miss, not exactly. Your friend, Mr. Lee, he can't…the doctors don't know what's wrong, exactly. He suffered a great amount of physical damage before you found him."

Robin dropped her eyes to her lap. "But will he be alright?"

The nurse smiled and stroked the young red-ish blond girls' hair. "I don't know, miss. We just don't know. Give it time. And go home and get some sleep, I'd hate to see you in one of those rooms."

Robin looked up, her face sad. "Yes ma'am." She stood up and left through the glass doors. The nurse watched her go and shook her head.

"It's a wonder the boy even lives." She sighed. "Barely,"

Robin walked, slowly, towards her Vespa. All the white rooms, and the pale green walls, it was a little disorienting. Robin looked back towards the large, bright building. The hospital... Michael was in hospital. She shook her head, trying to clear her thoughts of what he had looked like when they found him, slumped over the broken computers, covered in a thick red liquid. His blood. She silently put on her helmet, and revved up the motor. Amon and the others would want to know how he was doing, and what could she tell them? The same, really. He hadn't woken up, hadn't done anything new.

Rain splashed against her, running down her back, trying to freeze what little warmth she had left. But it was already gone, after that night.

"Amon, where did she go?" Doujima cried, panicked. "She can't just…disappear!"

"Why not, she seems to do everything else." Sakaki snapped, whirling around.

Amon didn't even glance at the two of them, but kept his eyes trained on the lights around them.

Crash!

There. One of them exploded in a burst of color, making the young girl named Robin turn and stare.

"There," Amon said grimly. He nodded for the rest of the team to follow him, and raced down the long dark ally way.

"Great," Karasuma hissed, "a dark ally... There's always a dark ally."

Bang!

"Is Amon just trigger happy or did he get her?" Doujima asked breathlessly, slowly as they neared the place where Amon stood, looking down at a young girl. A young witch.

She glared up them, holding her shoulder.

"Taki Minosaka," Robin breathed, staring at the young girl. She couldn't be older than fifteen. The same age as Robin herself.

"You people have no right to hunt us!" Taki screamed, and another nearby light exploded, sending sparks showering towards the small group of Hunters.

Bang!

Another shot fired, into her other shoulder. Taki gasped then crumpled to the ground and Amon's feet.

"You…have already lost," She choked, "Fools."

A few seconds later, a large, sleek black van screeched into view, and people in strange suits grabbed the young girl, hauling her towards the truck.

Robin swerved slightly to avoid hitting a family of ducks, and kept her eyes straight ahead. What happened next was far more painful. She shook her head, wondering what the driver's of the cars she passed thought. A young girl, soaked and wearing nuns clothing… riding a Vespa in a crowded street in the dead of night.

"Michael, we have her." Amon said into the small cell phone. Static greeted him with a crackle. "Michael." Amon tried again, "Michael, the Factory has got her, and the hunt is over." Again, nothing but static; then the sound of glass crashing.

"Michael?" Robin said weakly, staring at the phone.

"Something's wrong," Karasuma said softly, "Very wrong. I can feel it."

The Hunter's had raced back to the Flat, Sakaki and Doujima on Sakaki's motor bike, Robin, Karasuma, and Amon in Amon's car. They screeched to a stop outside the large building, and slowly they walked inside. Everything seemed normal, save for that the lights where out.

"Michael!" Doujima called, when they reached the room he worked in, "Michael, are you there?"

"Where else would he be?" Sakaki hissed. But Michael didn't respond.

"Michael, what's going-" Karasuma stopped, and stared at the mess in front of her. All the computers had been blown; there screens broken glass. Michael's chair lay on the floor, painted red in the dimming light. "Michael…?"

Robin was the first to see it, the pale hand sticking out from among the rubble.

"Oh no…" Sakaki breathed, all of them rushing to where the broken hacker lay, crumbled on the ground, covered in blood. Glass and metal stuck in his skin, apparently form the computers. His tinted glasses lay a foot from his hand, cracked and broken.

"Michael!" Doujima gasped, horror struck. "What happened?"

Amon gritted his teeth. "It looks like our little friend Taki was a lot more powerful then we thought."

The ambulance came quickly, but it seemed like forever for Robin, as she stared at the crumbled body of the young, red headed hacker.

A lone tear feel from her bright green eyes, dripping down her pale cheek to be mixed with rain. Michael was in the hospital. And there was nothing they could do.

She reached the tall building, pushing through the gates, walking through the doors, climbing stairs, nothing really mattered. She reached the top, and turned to do what she dreaded. Telling the others. Their eyes all turned to her as she opened the door and stepped in.

"How is he?" Doujima asked softly, breaking the silence.

"The same," Robin looked over at Amon, who stood in the corner of the room. His eyes where dark, cold, and unreadable, making it impossible to tell how he felt.

"Robin, um…there's something else." Sakaki looked down and slowly made his way over to the younger girl. He placed a hand on her shoulder, and looked down at her. "Kosaka, the Chief, was found in his office, also seriously injured form…an electric explosion."

Robin's eyes widened. "Is he…alright?"

"He's in the hospital, Robin." She turned quickly, staring at Zaizen with wide eyes. "Like the case with Michael, they're not sure if he's going to make it."

Robin bit her lip, looking at Amon wonderingly. "How is this happening?"

"It would seem," Zaizen said, walking towards them, "That someone is…shall we say, hunting the hunters. And they're doing a good job at it."

"So just what the hell are we going to do about it?" Doujima demanded, crossing her arms, "Wait here and get hunted?"

"No." Zaizen sighed. "This building is no longer safe. We are moving, temporarily, to another location, until this is solved."

"Another location where, sir?" Karasuma asked.

Zaizen looked straight at her, unblinking. "You are aware, of course, that there is a separate location for STN-J, a completely different management and team, yes?"

Everyone nodded but Robin, who had heard this, but never really made a connection. She supposed it made sense, having two teams, maybe even more, for different parts of the country.

"We will be staying there, and you will assist the other team until this is over, and we can return here." Zaizen ran his eyes over the Hunter's, daring them to object. No one did. Because the truth was, they didn't want to stay there either. "We move tomorrow, pack your belongings." He turned to leave, passing Hatori as he went. "Hopefully the two teams will solve this case before they kill each other." He muttered. Hatori gave a weak smile, still shaken by the attack on the chief.

But the truth was, Zaizens' words might be truer then he knew. Only they may kill each other before they solved the case.

*yawns* Well, there has to be more then one STN-J team in Japan. I never seen them sent all over the country. *shrugs* So how'd ya like it? Hopefully, this story will get a lot of reviews, so I can get feedback on how I'm doing. I've had this plot for months…

Jaane,

ChibiA-sama