Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ False Echoes ❯ David and Doujima ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Witch Hunter Robin
False Echoes


Chapter XII - David and Doujima


Disclaimer
: You know by now I don't own Witch Hunter Robin®, which belongs to Sunrise® and Sci-Fi® Channel. You know this already.


Nor do I own the song False Echoes; I just borrowed its title.

Storyline, Plot, Kenny Avery©, Roger Williams©, Kichiro Wantanabee©, Rick Richards©, Michael Campbell©, Rosalind Nichols© and Mr. Jackson David Rica© are all mine.


Author Notes
:

<b>Notes at end</b>.

-------------------

Doctor Kouga Takawai was an aged man, just entering his forties.


He was a genius in the operating room and saved lives on a daily basis, or he had once. Now he was more of a mentor to the interns, teaching them the things they'd need in order to become legends in the ER once day, like he was.

His once jet-black hair was now peppered with flakes of gray, and that which remained black was much lighter of a shade now. It was clear that the natural aging process had caught up with his body. New wrinkles on his face and a much slower movement.

Currently Kouga was preparing for an operation on a man who was just brought in with a gunshot wound. He stood in his office, throwing one of the white operating aprons on over his normal wear and preparing his hands by washing them and coating them in the teal latex gloves.

His office was neat and organized. There was a large bookshelf where book upon book was stacked up for easy access, and his large oak desk was covered with many piles of papers neatly organized for quick use. Dr. Takawai was the doctor of choice for many important people. Politicians, Wealthy Clients, and even fellow doctors always choose him over anyone else.

He was also an old friend of Nagira Syunji. Which was why he became so surprised when he walked down into the ER to find Syunji was the man on the table with a bullet lodged in his hip and a broken chin. The man who had brought Nagira in, who the nurse had described as "Tall and Ominously Black" had disappeared after Nagira was in the ER with orders to be called on his cell phone when and if Nagira woke up.

Kouga walked over to the operating table and looked down at Nagira's sleeping form. It always amazed him that even people suffering the worst, near-fatal injuries, like Nagira was now, still looked peaceful in their sleep.

Kouga's young wife, Ayame, had once been arrested a few years back, and Nagira had gotten her off with no jail time, only a firm slap on the wrist. It was from that day on that Kouga kept a friendly bond with the mysterious lawyer. So it was only fair that he do his best to save his life.

"What happened?" He asked one of the nurses.

"The man didn't say. He was shot, though."

Kouga cursed under his breath and took a small scalpel knife from the trey his nurse held at his side. Taking a deep intake of oxygen, he plunged the silvery blade into Nagira's hip. He both loved and hated working on people he knew. He loved it because he knew they were in good hands, but he hated it because of the fear he'd make a mistake.

"You better hang on Syunji-san." He muttered. "This'll be a long night."

----

"You know, we haven't been out of this apartment in two days?"

Sakaki's apartment was small, but it was also the cheapest place he could find that wasn't completely nasty and unbearable. He had a small room that was supposed to be a kitchen, an even smaller bathroom, and then a living and bed room. Currently the only miniature room in use, however, was the bedroom.

Sakaki and Doujima were lying beneath the green sheet. They had both been on their backs watching the small TV that was directly across from the bed, but now Doujima turned onto her side and looked over at her tired boyfriend, extending a petite arm out and running it through his hair, which, as she found out fast, needed to be washed.

"It hasn't been that long." Sakaki called back as he himself turned onto his side and let his eyes roam over all of Doujima that he could see. It wasn't much. Her blonde hair was untidy and frilly, which wasn't really a good look on her, or so he thought. Her face had a tired look to it, though they had spent the most of their time since Christmas Eve in bed. Her shoulders were bare, except for the twin strings that came up from her nightgown.


"It has too been that long. It was Christmas Eve, and now it's like 2:00am on Christmas. It's been two days."

Sakaki gave a snort to show he didn't understand her logic at all, but Doujima only growled and rolled over to ignore him. Of course she was happy. It was much easier to spend their vacation watching TV, munching on snack food and, "enjoying" themselves. Really it was their new plan. If they stayed in bed all day until work started again, and they didn't answer the door, there was little chance they'd be attacked by the things that go bump in the night.

Unfortunately they didn't count on David Rica.

----

The large black van drove quickly down the streets away from the burning ruins of Raven's Flat.

Inside the van, David Rica sat boredly in the back, near where Roger Williams was typing away on the keyboard that was part of the large computer before him. Information was bubbling over on the screen. He wasn't the kind of hacker who could be in and out of the Pentagon's files in less than ten minutes (like Michael was) but he could easily do his job right now.


"Found her." Roger smirked widely and Rica's bored face suddenly twisted into a completely evil glee. He crossed over the edge of the van and came to squat down next to Roger's seat.

"Where?" He asked in his accent, halfway between French and Redneck.


"We have a report of a Yurika Doujima buying a car from a lot two days ago." Roger said as his eyes scanned over the words on the screen. "It lists an address for her, should we go?"

Rica's pale lips twisted into a trademark smug smile and if he had them he would have narrowed his eyes in glee. They had come here to kill Zaizen, which they would get around to eventually, but it was far more important to David to take out Doujima, the only person ever to defeat him.

"Kenny!" Rica snapped and turned towards the driver's seat where the American with wavy blonde hair was currently steering them towards the new hotel they rented rooms at. (The old one had kicked them out after the shootout. Actually they'd tried to call the police, but Rica shot the people with phones.)

"Yeah, I know. Give me the address Rog."

----

The long, ominous shape that was Zaizen's black stretch limousine stopped outside of the tall, square and equally ominous figure of the factory and the murdered stepped out and walked briskly over the ground towards the front door. He had no remorse for the sin he had committed.

The wind blew through Zaizen's short gray hair and he felt a chill on the air that gave him a foreboding feeling inside of his heart. Almost as if something was coming. A storm, perhaps, or something else. Whatever it was Zaizen did not like the feeling.

He walked slowly towards the door of the Factory, but before he was even on the doormat the black steel that separated in from out came swinging open and one of his scientist stepped out. A tall man with brown hair and a white lab coat.

"What is it?" Zaizen demanded right away. His scientist were never allowed to leave the Factory, for fear they would devolve secrets to SOLOMON or to the Witch Organization called H.T.H.

"There's been a incident. . ." The scientist breathed quietly. "At the Flat."

----

It happened like clockwork.

The large black van stopped outside the apartment building that Yurika Doujima was listed as a resident at. A few days ago Kichiro had destroyed part of the building, but it was still usable and still in use. The van's large side door opened and David Rica shot out of the side, still in his black SWAT-like suit, but now the mask was gone.

He ran through the dark and dampened alley and up the steps until he was standing inside the apartment building's main hallway. His eyeless sight zoomed quickly to apartment 4E where it was said that Doujima lived at, or at least that's what Roger had said.


Rica ran forward, drawing his large silver revolver and aiming a fierce kick at the doorknob, he kicked it inside and ran into the small red-carpeted apartment. He could see an old reclining chair and a small TV that was tuned to some local telethon. Suddenly Rica could hear footsteps and he spun around, gun ready and his heart ready to take the sweet satisfaction of revenge.

Mrs. Kinoto, a little old lady with bent gray hair who was currently dressed in a large shaggy robe, stepped into the room and looked at Rica as if she didn't know who he was. Rica blinked and lowered the gun, cursing at the fact that he'd gotten the wrong apartment.

"Who are you?" Mrs. Kinoto asked.

"Sorry ma'am." Rica's swift accent, somewhere between French and Redneck, replied. "I was looking for a Yurika Doujima; I must have the wrong apartment."

"Ooh." Mrs. Kinoto looked as if she understood. "Are you another of her little friends? I think she's at that cute boy Haruto's house. They're having sex you know." Then, Kinoto pause and stepped forward, lifting up the corner of her shaggy robe to show her wrinkled leg. "And speaking of sex; is there some way I can help you sailor?"

Rica had an odd expression on his face, somewhere between disgust and anger. Then he laughed and took off his sunglasses, revealing the two eyeless sockets that were crumpled and dry. "Now ma'am, that was by far the sickest thing I've heard in my entire life, and if you weren't so old I'd probably kill you."

With a sigh Rica turned around and exited the apartment, shaking his head. Behind him Mrs. Kinoto sighed, because she'd once again failed to get one of the cute boys.

----

"Mommy? What's wrong?"

"Quiet!" The woman hissed at her child in a voice that was like ice-cold snake's venom. She glared at the boy and pushed him down, under the bed, roughly. Amon bumped his head and began to cry, but the hallow face of his mother appeared at the edge of the bed.

"I said quiet you brat!" She hissed, the witch powers in her veins draining away all humanity she had left, and with it any compassion or love she may have carried for her child. Amon was nothing but an annoyance to her. But for some reason the humanity that was so beaten by the insanity still kept the small black haired boy in her heart.

"Mommy--?"

Amon's mother made no move to speak to her child, because no longer was Amon her child. No longer was she a mother, no longer was she human. She was a witch now and the intense power inside her body was too much for her frail sanity, and she had become an insane creature that knew only two things: kill or be killed.

The door came bursting in a second later. The woman hissed and narrowed her dark eyes from behind her dark haired head and the tan colored wall on the side of the man who had come inside exploded, but the man was able to roll aside form the shot.

"You little bitch." Zaizen growled as he stood up once more and squeezed the big black trigger of his big black gun. A long golden bullet flew from the nozzle of the small revolver and it went flying across the room towards Mrs. Syunji. The bullet pierced her pale neck in the front and continued on until it exited the back of her head, sending blood and tiny bits of flesh showering the blue walls behind her.

"MOMMY!"

Amon ran from under the bed towards his mother as she fell, red life-liquid dripping from the hole under her chin. The woman collapsed on the ground, lifeless and cold, her son standing a foot from the body with tears in his young dark eyes. He reached down, falling on his knees, and he shook his mother.

"Mommy."

Amon shook the woman once more, desperate to hear his mother's voice.

"Mommy!"

"She won't answer." Zaizen's curt speaking reached the black-haired boy's ears and he turned around to stare at a young Takuma Zaizen, dressed out in his big black STN-J coat. Zaizen's middle-aged face was smirking and he raised his hand that held the gun and aimed the revolver at small Amon. "A witch must always be hunted."

Amon's young eyes stared down the barrel of the gun and he suddenly realized what happened to his mother. He suddenly realized that this man had killed her, and that she was gone. Amon had never experienced death before and he did not know how to handle it. Zaizen could see the fear and confusion and sadness inside the child's eyes, but he could also see that the child, like his mother, was a witch, or would one day be.

"Takuma, lower that weapon."

Zaizen's eyes shot towards the door of the small hotel room where a second man stood. This man's name was Juliano Colegui, and his dark eyes peered at the younger man from behind short, golden-rimmed glasses.

"Why? The child is a witch." Zaizen growled.

"The child is a child." Juliano spat back, his voice like a freezing steel glove. "And I am your superior officer. Now lower that weapon."

Zaizen only shrugged and lowered the revolver. "Age doesn't matter if you're a witch."

"The boy is a seed." Juliano corrected as he cast his own eyes down on Amon. "And we do not hunt seeds."

Amon just stood silently, his hands covered in blood from his mother's body, watching as the two men argued over whether or not he should be killed.

--

Amon, now aged by twenty-one years since the day of his mother's death at the hands of his current boss, Takuma Zaizen, was behind the wheel of his black car, driving on the black highway in the black night. His world was black.

He was not happy, and he was not human. He was not in love and he was not interested in ever being. He was not a good man and he was sure that hell was the only thing waiting for him when he died.

The black car stopped outside of a small dinner in Tokyo called "Harry's Place", and quickly Amon stepped out of the car and walked over towards the glass door of Harry's. He knew it was late, almost four in the morning, but he also knew he needed something from the diner.

Sticking a small key in the lock and twisting it until he heard a click, Amon opened the door and walked inside, and then down the long dark hallway. He ran down the darkness until he reached a small room in the back of the diner, overlooked by most, but not by him.

Amon placed the small silver key in this new lock and once again unlocked it. After a moments pause he quickly pushed the door inside and walked into the small room which contained many different kinds of wine and beer, and one large case in the back.

Amon made his way to that case and unlocked it, then opened it and took a small black handgun out, as well as several clips. He and Yuji Kobari, the owner of Harry's, had long ago installed the small gun case in case of emergencies so that the STN-J could be armed from this small base.

"Who are you going to kill Amon?"

Amon didn't even blink as Miho Karasuma's voice floated through the darkness and her young redheaded face appeared at the door of the small backroom. Amon ignored her words and cocked the gun before placing it down inside his coat pocket and picking up a second gun.

"Answer me Amon."

"You tell me." Amon snapped. "You know who killed her, don't you?"

Karasuma sighed and leaned against the door, her arms crossed over her chest and her head lowered to look down at her feet. She didn't want to tell him, but he'd known her for five years. A lot changes in five years. She had gone from a whining, scared schoolgirl who was thrown into the world of witches and murder, to what she hoped was a strong young woman more than able to handle anything the world threw at her.

"Michael called me and had me scry her body. But Amon, trust me, you can't go after him."

Amon turned around after he finished arming himself with the black guns and he stared at Karasuma with his emotionless face and deep cold eyes. She had grown to love those eyes, even if they were so lifeless and empty most of the time. Sighing, Karasuma bit her bottom lip.


"It was Zaizen." Karasuma sighed. "Zaizen killed her."

Amon's face didn't change a bit. It was impossible to tell if this news was a surprise to him or not, because surprise, like so many other emotions, were foreign to Amon and stayed that way. He began to walk towards the door, but before he could Karasuma reached out and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Amon, what's your plan? You're just going to go to the Factory and shoot him?"

Amon shook his head. "I'm not going after Zaizen."

Karasuma's eyes blinked in surprise. "What?"

Amon sighed. Karasuma took a second to identify it as a sigh, as a real sign of emotion and humanity and she blinked, stepping forward.

"Amon?"

Amon's eyes were closed and he made no move to open them. Beneath his icy shell, anger was burning inside his veins, but he did not show it to Karasuma or to anyone. Instead he just turned around and stared at the woman.


"I'm not going after Zaizen." He repeated slowly. "Not yet."

Karasuma's deep blue eyes took in the dark hunter's gaze and she wondered exactly what it was he was doing, but he made no move to devolve any more information. Amon turned around and began to walk out of the room, and Karasuma began to follow him. He turned around to gaze at her for a moment, but it was clear to both of them that she was going to follow him no matter what he said, so he only turned back around and set off towards the door, Karasuma nipping at his heels.

----

Sakaki was lying on the bed, boredly clicking channels on the television. His shallow blue eyes scanned over each channel for about three seconds before he clicked it to the next with a small sigh escaping his lips every time he failed to find something good. CNN, infomercials, a local telethon; all the basic crap you can find on television only at four in the morning.

"Haruto, this is boring."

Doujima was still lying at the head of the bed beneath the large dark comforter that was used for a blanket and she sighed. It was really boring when it was late at night with nothing to do, nowhere to go, and nothing to watch.

"Hey I know." Sakaki grinned as he dropped the clicker and jumped back up and crawled over next to Doujima. "Let's order a pizza."

Doujima gave a snort. "It's 4:00am."

"So?"


"No one is open."

"Aww." Sakaki pouted childishly. "But now I want pizza."

Doujima allowed a strange smile to creep onto her lips and she watched Sakaki for a minute, her deep blue eyes staring at him in a way that was brand new for both of them. Sakaki blinked.

"What? What's that look about?"

"You're fun." She laughed. "You're being childish and funny. Why can't you act this way when we're at work?" Doujima asked as she sat up and tilted her head.

"Because at work people try to kill us." Sakaki's sarcasm rolled off his tongue and Doujima merely shrugged.


"Still. If you act this way more our relationship will be better."

Sakaki shrugged. "And if I act this way at work people will kill me. Is that what you want?"

"Better to have fun and die than to be bored and live." Doujima responded sagely.


"Whatever happened to having fun and living?"

Doujima was about to respond to him when there was heard a knock at the door, and both of the blonde teens turned their head to stare at it. Neither of them knew who would be knocking on their door at four in the morning, unless perhaps it was Amon or Karasuma coming to whisk them away to work.

"Who do you suppose-"

But Sakaki never finished his sentence. The door burst off its hinges and fell onto the carpet as a jet of water smashed into it at over one hundred and twenty miles per hour. Sakaki looked up in surprise and Doujima moved a hand under the pillows where she drew out a small black handgun that they'd both agreed to keep there in case of emergencies.

Rica smirked as he entered the room, his silver revolver drawn and in his hand, a smug smile on his pale lips, and his dark glasses sitting on the edge of his nose just beneath his short, trimmed black hair.

"Holy shit!" Sakaki screamed as he recognized the man who stood before them and he began to scuttle backwards, in an almost crab-like way. Doujima had a look of pure horror on her face, but wasted no time in firing all seven shots from the gun into Rica's pale face.

The bullets sailed into Rica's head and broke his sunglasses, but the smug New Orleans native didn't move an inch as they sailed harmlessly through his head, which had already begun to seal back up.

"Now that isn't going to work this time, my dear, sweet little puppy." Rica smiled as he walked slowly towards Doujima, who looked even more frightened than before and only sat on the bed, half-naked, shaking, sweating, and pulling the trigger of the gun again and again as if it would give her some protection, despite the fact bullets didn't work on Rica and the gun was out of them anyway.

Sakaki growled and jumped upward, throwing his arms around Rica's waist and trying to knock him to the ground. Rica however aimed a quick blow to the back of Sakaki's head with the butt of his pistol, and the blonde youth fell to the ground with a `thud'.

"Sakaki!" Doujima screamed, but she could make no move. Rica smirked and raised his gun, aiming it at Doujima and making the universal `Shh' sign by pressing his index finger to his smug-smiling lips.

"We're going to have some fun." Rica laughed as he lowered the gun from Doujima, and aimed it at Sakaki's unconscious form. Doujima's blue eyes were filled with fears and tears and she could do nothing but slump back against the pillows crying, wishing for some way out of this.

This was what David Rica had been waiting for all along.

----

*Listening to Montgomery Gentry's Hell Ya*

Well, I know that was much shorter than you guys are used too, and I'm sorry.

I've had horrible writers block lately, and haven't been able to get everything straight, but I figured it was time I updated anyway.


Anyway, next chapter will be coming soon, just as soon as I think of something. I may have Amon and Karasuma hook up in the next chapter, I haven't decided yet. Also, soon we'll be having the return of Kichiro Wantanabee!


And yes, Doctor Kouga and his wife Ayame were named after my favorite wolf youkai pair from Inuyasha.

Oh, speaking of wolves, did anyone besides me watch that Wolf's Rain on Saturday?


I thought it was awesome, truth be told. And hey, the credits listed some familiar names. Like Johnny Bosch (Vash/Sakaki) and Crispin Freeman (Amon), and while I don't think she was in that episode, it said Kari Wahlgren's (Robin Sena) name so I'm sure she'll be in it soon.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else had seen it. It had a bunch of the WHR cast in it, and it is from sunrise, the people who made WHR, Bebop, and Trigun, so it can't be bad, can it?

Oh, and speaking of that, won't you please read my Trigun story?

I'm just gonna keep on telling you guys to read my Trigun story until you do.

So go get it over with. XD

Actually it's great fun! Vash chases skirts, Meryl hits him a lot, and Milly . . . well she doesn't do anything important but you should read it anyway! XD

Ja ne

~ Golden-sama