Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ The Beginning of an End ❯ What Became of the Savior? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six- What Became of the Savior?
Robin slowly dragged her heavy feet back to her office. She forgot all about the meeting, and had spent the entire afternoon at the nearby bookstore. She was worried sick about what the boss might say to her...what's the worst thing that could happen? Getting fired? Robin shuddered at the thought. It was a miracle she'd found a steady job.
“Mr. Sakamoto?” Robin called weakly, “I'm so sorry, I completely understand that-” She stammered, standing at the doorway of Boss's office. He was typing something into his computer, so it was unsure if he was mad or not. Robin's message got to him, and the dark-haired man turned with a greeting smile. His handsome face didn't show any signs of punishment. Robin stood startled. “Aren't you…?”
“Ah, welcome back Ms. Isuzu. Don't worry about it. Turned out that we didn't need you there after all,” He said smiley eyed. “How `bout a little walk?” He asked, putting on his jacket. The young boss started out the doorway.
Robin blinked and followed him obediently
---------------.
The two walked along the dimly lit park. The sun was beginning to set, so the sky was splattered with orange and purple. Robin remained silent. She was thinking about him again for the first time in days. It frightened her that he really was never coming back, that she'd never see him again. Whether he was alive or not. The idea was very hard to bear. Robin almost let out a loud gasp of pain when Sakamoto wheeled her around by the wrist.
“Mr. Sakamoto….?” She stammered warily, confused by such a sudden action. The boss's eyes were narrow and serious. His breath was rough. Then, at a split second of notice, Robin spotted something she'd never noticed before under his left eye…a scar? From what?
“Ms. Isuzu, I…” He started, but didn't finish the sentence. Robin suddenly felt a surge of fear as Sakamoto drew her closer, the space between their lips getting smaller. Robin could feel his shaky and warm minty breath, and tried to squarm her way out. The grip was far too strong.
In a slow gradual motion, their lips met. Robin stood there stiffly, her head spinning in slow motion. Sakamoto's eyes were closed, but Robin's eyes were wide with fear and bewilderment. Why is he doing this to me? She asked weakly, as seconds dreaded on.
It was then when she heard something sharply slice through the undisturbed air. The next thing Robin knew, Sakamoto's body was on the ground, as still everything else in the park. There wasn't any blood.
Robin stood there trembling. Her brilliant emerald eyes became misty as she watched a silhouetted figure standing behind a bush. The figure walked under a street lamp, darkness cascading down to reveal the face.
“Amon,” Robin whispered feverishly. The man stood within 20 feet of the girl.
“Are you alright?” He asked dryly, putting away his gun into a shaft inside his long black jacket. He glared down at the face of Robin's boss. Surely enough, there was the scar.
Robin's mind stopped working itself. So he was alive. He hasn't changed at all…
“Your boss will be alright. It was just a mild dose of anesthesia. He'll wake-”
“Amon, you came back.” Robin cut him off. “Were you watching over me the whole time?”
Amon didn't seem unnerved by the question. “No. Not exactly. I spotted you and your boss just minutes ago, and decided to see what he was up to.” He lied. His eyes were almost piercing and cold. They weren't what Robin used to remember.
Robin could tell her old `friend' had been going through massive stress. There were small dark circles around his very black eyes, and his thin lips wore a small bitter frown. She yearned to hug him and ask what had happened, but her body didn't function right. She began to sob quietly, so Amon wouldn't notice. He might think she was weak.
“I'm just glad you came back.” She let the words fly out. Her lips still felt numb where Sakamoto had kissed her. She felt ashamed of herself, letting herself be seen by someone- especially Amon.
He kept quiet for a while. Robin, I could see you've changed. You aren't as stubborn as you used to be. “Let's get your boss off the ground. I'll drive you to your apartment.” He swung the limp body of Sakamoto onto his shoulder and turned to leave. Robin wiped the tears off her blotchy cheeks, and followed Amon. Darkness swallowed the three.