Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ What I Cannot Say... ❯ What I Cannot Say... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: What I Cannot Say…

_______________________________________________________________ _______________________

Anime: Witch Hunter Robin

Authoress: Shik-chan

Rating: PG-13 for mild language

Genre: General

Summary: It's a one shot of Amon's feelings for Robin, and hers for him. Is it love, or is it just confusion? Everything's just a big mess. Takes place after Episode 15. SPOILERS CONTAINED!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

_______________________________________________________________ _______________________

Amon's POV

You…

I despise you…

But I cannot say that, my mind will not calculate that assumption.

You may ask…

"Why do you hate me so?"…

I hate change…

There are many things that are not your fault, beyond your control…

By my duty, I must take you out…

Out of your world, and out of my own, it is my duty as a Hunter…

But why can I not go through with it? That is a question I cannot answer.

"Robin, the next time I see you I…"

Robin's POV

Your face…

So close to mine it was frightening, I was already afraid enough at that point…

What was going through your head?

A month has passed now, and I am now into hiding, following your orders, like a good partner should. Nagira is very good to me, and things are becoming normal again. But you haven't shown any sign of surviving, as far as I know…

You could be…

I cannot allow myself to believe that.

I won't, I will hold onto Hope. I will never give in, I will never succumb to the will of our unknown enemy.

But you…?

No one knows of your whereabouts. But then again, I have not been in contact with anyone from the STN. I doubt that contact, even when they are off duty, is safe.

I feel it…

I feel them, watching me. Everywhere…

I am never alone. I seek solitude from them, but I know as I am now, that will never be an option.

Amon's POV

Many questions still remained unanswered.

Why must they think of you as…one of them? A witch?

You are not, I can feel it.

Witches, they cannot show compassion like you do…

Maybe that is the reason…

I must lead my mind from these thoughts. These foolish thoughts that come to my mind when I think of you.

I think of you often…so very often now that I am…where I am now.

It was strange, when you first arrived, I just thought that you were another one, another Kate. I could feel time taking me back. Back to her. I felt like as if I shouldn't get too attached, because I knew history would repeat itself, old situation, new face.

But you, you were different. It changed me…

And I hate change…

My mind takes me back to thought at the first glimpse of the burning memory of you.

"When can I see you again?"

*~ --__--__--__-- ~*

There was a reason why I ended my relationship with Toko. I didn't love her. And the night you came to my car, offering me dinner from Harry's, I was on the phone with her. The night we ended it.

You were so close, and only a plate of glass separated us both from the truth. I took the meal, making it seem as if that was to be another night of my usual camouflage of a meaningless disapproval or an insult to your powers, your intelligence or even your status as a hunter or hunted.

Toko was shot, and somehow, I could feel no emotion. No worry, no sadness, nothing. I only thought of what happened to you after you passed out on the stairs. Were you going to be okay? Toko was being used, and I didn't realize it until those days with you. She's Zaizen's daughter, and with me being on good terms with him, I would have been able to take over as the boss of the STN-J.

"Do you love Robin?" She asked me.

I was shocked, for at the time, I had no answer.

I was the coward, not you. I still am, only now can I confess this, but never to anyone but myself. You are the true hero, not I. However, I can only stand by and watch as you are taking blows, physically and emotionally. I can only admire your bravery from afar. Anyone else I know would have snapped and rampaged, killing anyone or anything in their path.

They are the Hunted and we are the Hunters! Those cowards are the ones I learned from, learned to covet. They deserve to be hunted, like they are hunting you.

I hated you because you were different, you weren't like us. You were better…

Robin's POV

I miss you, I miss Sakaki, I miss Karasuma, I miss Doujima, I miss Michael…I miss everyone.

Both POV

It's not easy being alone…

I can't take it much longer…

However, I will hold onto Hope, and pray for your safety.

I love you…

But why can I not say it…?

_______________________________________________________________ _______________________

I left some things out because I forgot them. I have major writers block right now and tried to finish this A.S.A.P. Please tell me what you think, I had some emotions to get off my back.

_______________________________________________________________ _______________________