Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction / Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Fan Fiction ❯ Justice Voluntary ❯ The Beginning (Part 1) ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Justice Voluntary
Mission One: The Beginning (Part 1)
Genre: Sci-Fi / Action
Author: garrettxsan
Series: Crossover - GitS
 
*The year is 2043. The sunsets on Phenic, a gigantic, populated city. Lights start to go out everywhere. However, one light remains lit. This is the light in the JV Force Academy. *
 
Rain: Well, sir, it seems that another day has passed.
 
Blaine Sr.: Don't jump with excitement, Rain. Tomorrow the inspectors will arrive to judge us. I hope your ready…
 
Rain: Of course sir!! I have been keeping this academy in tip-top shape for this day!
 
*Commander Blaine studies Rain carefully.*
 
Blaine Sr.: Hmph, *smiles* don't worry private, I'm sure Justice Voluntary will show it's true colors tomorrow. And when we finally reveal our true intentions on Project 9 -- **he is cut off**
 
Rain: SIR PROJECT 9 IS UNSTABLE YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY THINK WE COULD -- **she is cut off**
 
Blaine: I expect you to join me bright and early to meet the inspectors, Private Rain *cough*, heh, if everything goes as planned, you might be seeing a raise in your future.
 
**Rain looks disturbed. Even aggravated with Commander Blaine.**
 
Rain: Yes, sir… but… can you really expect them to go with our idea? I mean…. It's not normal…
 
**C.Blaine turns around stricken with a look of madness**
 
Blaine: YOU DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF NORMAL PRIVATE! IN THIS TIME WE MUST TRUST OUR MINDS, NOT OUR HEARTS! WE MUST RELY ON OURSELVES, NOT OUR FRIENDS! NOONE WILL STAY WITH PROJECT 9 IF WE CONTINUE TO TEST IT! WE MUST SHOW THE PUBLIC THAT JUSTICE VOLUNTARY HAS A FUTURE IN PHENIC!
 
Rain: BUT SIR! *pauses* Justice Voluntary is a police force dedicated to capturing crimi -- **cut off again**
 
Blaine: JUSTIVE VOLUNTARY IS A CRIMINAL WATCH, YES, BUT IT'S ALSO A PLACE FOR EVOLUTION! THINK OF THE POWER WE COULD GAIN FROM PROJECT 9! THINK OF THE ADVANCING IN HUMANS! THINK FOR ONCE PRIVATE!!! IF PROJECT 9 WERE TO BE SUCCESSFUL, THEN HUMANS WOULD NO LONGER BE A LIABILITY
FOR SURVIVAL! WE COULD FINALLY MOVE ON! WE COULD FINALLY THINK OF THE BABY!
 
Rain: I do think of the baby Blaine… but my job is a part of my life as well.
 
Blaine: I know dear..
 
Rain: So… what should we do?
 
****PAUSE… then we move on.****
 
Blaine: We will proceed with Project 9's reveling. We will continue or plans for success until our mission is complete. Rain… I want our baby to finish what we started.
 
Rain: WELL I DON'T!
 
Blaine: You don't mean that….
 
Rain: YES, I DO!! I WANT OUR BABY TO HAVE A NORMAL LIFE! JUSTICE VOLUNTARY IS TOO MUCH RESPONCIBILITY!
 
Blaine: Shouldn't we let her decide that when she gets older?
 
Rain: How about I give birth to her first, then we can talk…
 
**Blaine walks out through the door**
 
Blaine: I will assemble you back here tomorrow morning at 6:00am, sharp, Rain. Please get some sleep…
 
Rain: I will manage..
 
Blaine: I love you Rain..
 
Rain: Goodnight…
 
****Scene cut - 8:00am - the unveiling of Project 9.****
 
**The inspectors arrive on the JV Park. They pull out technical looking machines, and a ray of light comes out. This is a scanner. They begin to scan to mysterious machines being put on the field, to check for errors. ***
 
Blaine: If you all don't mind, I would like to begin.
 
Inspector #1: Sir, as you know, we need a future goal for Justice Voluntary. What do you hope to accomplish?
 
Blaine: I'm glad you asked that question Mark. Friends, take a look around! What you SEE is the future of Justice Voluntary! We hope to turn this city around with a procedure we will call, Project 9. Project 9 will transform this city into an industrial state of power! With JV, we can, no, we WILL build the ultimate cloning machine! One that will bring us justice! JV will be able to stop the criminal activity - permanently…
 
*** The inspectors look angry. ***
 
Mark: Sir, we cannot fund JV to build a cloning machine. It's just not… right.
 
Blaine: BUT SIR, THAT'S THE THING! WE HAVE ALREADY BUILT ONE!
 
*** Rain, who has been standing below the stage Blaine spoke on, starts to look scared. ***
 
Blaine: Rain, if you would do the honors…
 
*** Rain looks startled, like she was in another world. ***
 
Rain: Yes… of course.
 
*** Rain looks out into the audience, and sees her child in the audience, waiting in her crib by her grandmother to be taken home. Waiting to be loved by her mother. Waiting… for a future. ***
 
*** Rain pulls a sheet off of something. ***
 
Rain: As you can see, JV has developed a cloning machine, with the help of Powers Industries. It has good potential.
 
Mark: Mrs. Rain, tell me, are there any dangers in using this machine?
 
*** Rain looks over to Blaine, scared like. ***
 
Rain: Well… we haven't tested it fully yet… The fusion generator needs more time.
 
*** The inspectors look disappointed. They obviously wanted a demonstration. Blaine sees this, and quickly runs over to the machine. ***
 
Blaine: NONSENCE! WE CAN GIVE YOU A TEST RIGHT NOW!
 
Rain {Whisper}: Blaine… what could we use?
 
Blaine: Ladies and gentleman, we will be testing the machine… on a human.
 
Rain: What?
 
Blaine: My wife has volunteered…
 
*** Rain looks stricken with fear. ***
 
Rain {Whisper}: What… what are you doing?
 
Blaine: Think of the future dear!
 
*** Blaine pushes Rain onto the center of the machine, and presses a black button. ***
 
Blaine: First the machine will -- **cut off**
 
*** All of a sudden, sparks start to form at the base of the machine, where Rain is located. ***
 
Blaine: Nothing to worry about folks!
 
*** A tree catches on fire; everyone panics. ***
 
Blaine: What the hell?
 
*** Rain realizes she can't get out of the machine. Her muscles won't move. ***
 
Rain: Oh God!!
 
*** The top of the machine explodes; the wind starts to pick up. ***
 
Rain: Mom, take her and go!
 
*** Grand-ma-ma runs, trying to escape the explosions filling the air around the JV Headquarters. ***
 
Ma-Ma: Don't worry sweaty, everything is going to be okay…
 
*** A final explosion is heard from all around. The JV Park is turned into a pit of ashes. ***
 
*** Ma-Ma goes back, only to find that JV has been destroyed. ***
 
Ma-Ma: My… God…
 
Ma-Ma: My dear… it looks like we won't be seeing much of your parents for a while…
 
*** A dove swoops down and lands on the basket that the baby has now been transferred to. ***
 
Ma-Ma: Well… would ya' look at that. I thought Doves were extinct… I think this one is giving you some good luck…
 
*** Ma-Ma takes the baby out of the ashes, and into the light. ***
 
 
{{{{{{{That's the first chapter of Justice Voluntary, The Beginning. Please don't be too hard on me. This is my first fan-fic. (Lol)