Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Another World ❯ Similar eyes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey guys a hope you like my story so far. This chapter Kiba meets Tsume. Kiba has always had a habit of helping people weaker then himself. We see how this comes into play when Tsume picks on a lower classmen. Tsume respects Kiba not only because he stood up to him but strength wise he matched up to him. I added a little scene with Toboe. Glimpse on one of Hige’s variety crushes and a slight glimpse of Kiba and Cheza.




“So Kiba you like school so far?” Hige asked looking over the food in the cafeteria hungrily.


“Yeh, I guess its o.k.” Kiba answered indifferently.


A familiar smell crossed Kiba’s path.


“Flowers.” Kiba said out loud to himself.


“It’s Cheza.” Hige said out of the blue.


“Cheza?” Kiba asked.


“Ever since I met her she’s always smelled like a type of flower to me.” Hige said taking a plate full of rice.


Kiba looked around and glanced at the cafeteria yard in till his eyes met sharp yellow cold eyes. There was a familiar glaze in them. There he stood a tall muscular built boy. He seemed older then most of the kids so Kiba figured he had to be in a higher grade. His gray hair glistened an almost white colored in the sun. But not even the sun could remove the shadows in the bright yellow eyes.


“Don’t mind him. That’s just Tsume.” Hige commented taking a plate of the days secret surprise dish.


“Tsume” Kiba repeated, “Who is he?”


“He’s a senior at this school. Spends most of his time bulling the lower classmen around.” Hige answered going for some chocolate cake.


Kiba looked over to find the yellow eyes again but they had disappeared. “Tsume huh?” Kiba told himself. When is thoughts were quickly interrupted by a tap on the arm. He spun around to see a small boy with red but more brownish hair with big beautiful hazel eyes.


“Excuse me.” The young boy said with a smile like his eyes.


“Yes?” Kiba asked.


“Can you tell you friend to stop hogging the food, other people want to eat too.” The small boy complained.


Hige heard the boy a turned to look at him.


“Hold on kid choosing food is very important you have to get the right amount.” Hige said defensively.


“Yeh, but that doesn’t mean you get to have all the food.” Cheza’s friend Maria spoke as she Cheza and Toko walked by.


Maria smiled at Hige and flipped her hair while she walked by him and sent a small wink toward Kiba. Kiba lowered his gaze while Hige seemed to be in a trace as he looked at Maria. Cheza walked by with a smile with her books in her hands as they took a seat at a table. Hige curiously walked with his two trays of food over to them and began a conversation.


“Hey, you gonna eat?” The small boy spoke again.


Kiba smiled and said no and stepped aside to let the kid go first.


“Hey thanks. Bye the way I’m Toboe.” The boy smiled at Kiba and grabbed a tray.


“Kiba” he smiled back as he left the cafeteria and headed inside the school.


Kiba took a deep breath and looked around at his surroundings. The halls where empty and desolate except for a few girls that would occasionally walk by and smile at Kiba.


Kiba turned a couple of corners in till he reached the staircase, just as he was gonna turn back he heard voices from the hallway stairs. As he opened the doors the boy Tsume stood there clutching another boy by the shirt.


“Let me go please!” The boy shrieked but it just made Tsume and two of his friends laugh.


“Let him go?” Kiba interrupted their chuckle.


Tsume shot a gaze toward the door and noticed Kiba standing there.


“Mind your business punk.” One of the boys said.


Tsume looked on curiously.


“Hey did you hear what I said?” The boy echoed again.


Before the boy knew it he was sprawled against the wall with a quick punch from Kiba that no one saw coming except for Tsume.


“Tsume threw the boy against the wall and smirked.


“Why don’t you try that on me?” Tsume said.


Kiba took the first swing but Tsume just dodged. Now it was Tsume turn but it just kept on repeating itself. Blow after blow the each missed and dodged. Both were quick and agile but not one hit was laid on either. Tsume heart began to race it’s been a while since he’s had real competition. Same thing occurred with Kiba. Finally Kiba stopped and smiled over at Tsume who stood there smiling back.


“This is useless.” Tsume commented.


Kiba nodded in agreement. They stood there staring at each other before Tsume turned and walked away.


“Hey what’s your name?” Tsume asked behind him.


“Kiba” He answered.


Tsume continued to walk before he spoke again this time to his friends. “Zuki pick him up and come on.”


“Kiba smiled for they had come to a mutual unspoken understanding. “We’re even.” Kiba spoke out loud.


Tsume walked down the stairs thinking the same thing. “We’re even.” It’s funny that we have the same cold eyes but opposite hearts. I felt it with every blow you sent towards me.” Tsume lingered on his thoughts for a while letting them disintegrate again.


“Thanks.” The boy who was held up by Tsume answered before leaving Kiba alone in the staircase.


Kiba inhaled and opened the door to go back into the hallway when the smell of flowers caught him. He looked around and noticed Cheza at the bulletin board reading a flyer. For some reason he felt drawn to her, something was telling him to go to her but instead there he stood until she finally disappeared into the now full hallways of students flowing back in to there classes. Yet her smell still lingered in the air.


Hope you liked this chapter. Next one I finally bring in Toboe. With a little bit of Hub and Cher. And of course some more of Cheza and her thoughts on Kiba.