Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Love for You ❯ Bloodshed ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The young wolf ran until she could run no more. In the middle of the forest, she collapsed, buying herself a nosebleed and a broken ankle. The nobles had found her. She had no chance of surviving the bullet that sunk in her back. She limped until she found herself in human leaning against a tree. The 13 year old slid down slowly, leaving a streak of blood on the trunk of the tree. The black wolf whimpered quietly while she slowly breathed. She had no hope, no reason to live. She might as well die right where she lay, she thought. But something changed that. She could smell another pack of wolves heading her way. One who wore a white coat of fur, one who had a scar embedded on his chest, one who was a heavy-set brown wolf wearing a collar upon his neck, and one more… The one of her dreams, a skinny red wolf with his four bracelets resting on his right wrist. The leader of the pack walked slowly over to her, sniffing her first then nudging her with his nuzzle. She slowly opened her eyes, which were as blue as sky, when she heard the red one speak, “Are you alright?”
 
The white leader pulled her up by the arm and leaned her against him. “Come on, this is no place for an injured pup like you to stay, you might freeze to death,” said the white one in a soft whisper-like voice. All she could do was grunt and moan. She had barely enough energy to stand. The white one aided her by helping her walk.
 
“Yo kid, you sure you're alright?” asked the grey one with the scar. She didn't reply. She couldn't.
 
The red one spoke. “You can stay with us tonight,” he said smiling and trying to befriend her kindly.
 
“Might be best,” said the brown one, “Unless you wanna get eaten by a bear.”
 
She tried her hardest to smile. Only a weak one stretched her lips. “Thank… you…” she said weakly.
 
“You can stay with me,” the red one added, “I'll help bandage your wound.”
 
Later on that night, the pack reached the cave where they were staying for a few nights. They were going to have to stay longer to help her heal and nurse her back to health. It was in a wolf's instinct to kill another wolf from a different pack, but they had human instincts too: to help someone in need and she was no exception. She had no pack, no home to return to. Her family had all died in a forest fire, leaving her cold and alone.
 
The white wolf, who was in his human form, laid her softly on the floor of the cave. The naïve young red wolf rushed to her side and laid there with her, watching her every movement, which didn't occur often.
 
“I'm going to get some herbs, watch her while I'm gone,” said the leader to the red one. He ran out of the cave in his wolf form.
 
“Man, said the red wolf to her, “You really got beaten up, didn't you?” he said with a warm concerned smile. She nodded. He began to lick the wound on her back as she cried little whimpers of pain. He continued to lick until her fur was clean, but blood still seeped out of her wound. That was when he pressed his tongue inside. She yelped, sending the red one jerking his head back. “I'm so sorry!” he said almost in tears.
 
“That's… alright, you didn't… know,” she said as best as she could. “Hey, would you do me a favor;” she said faintly, “pull that bullet out of my back…”
 
“But,” he said, “I might hurt you again.”
 
“It won't matter, it needs to come out,” she said, her voice getting a little better.
 
“Well… okay,” he said nervously. He reached his finger inside the wound carefully, making her yelp. He flinched but he remembered what she had said and she was right; it needed to come out. He slowly pulled his fingers out, dragging to bullet along with it. With a final cry, the bullet was out, and at that time, the white leader had come with the herbs he had promised.
 
The leader had noticed the blood-soaked bullet laying on the ground and the red one's bloody fingers. He walked over to her and set the leaves on the floor, picking one up. “Now hold still,” he said soothingly, “This may hurt.” He softly set the leaves on her bloody wound. It didn't hurt her much. What hurt her the most was wrapping the bandage around her back. But that was over and done with, and she couldn't have been more relieved. She lay back down on her side to go to sleep when the red one lay beside her.
 
“Thanks for all your help today,” she said smiling at him.
 
“You're welcome. Sorry for hurting you, I was just trying to keep your wound from infecting,” he said shyly.
 
“No, its okay you were fine.”
 
The red one curled his tail around him and laid his head next to hers. “I'm Toboe,” he said with a smug.
 
“And I'm… Karli…”