Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Haven Reawaken: Wolf's rain/ Restart ❯ Resurrect ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Resurrect

'Snow..

I'm numb, but I can remember this feeling...

Almost like a warm blanket being tossed over me.

What is this? It's so wonderful...

some smell..

a scent..

Cheza?'


A sudden, sharp color of yellow could be seen in the snow, an odd form opened its eyes and lifted its head weakly to gaze upon the barren, frosted earth. Recognition, sensibility, and inference all came rushing back to him. The only thing that wouldn't return to the loner was the most important thing; Memory.

As he began to comprehend his vulnerability, the wolf shot up from his place in an everlasting bed of snow, turning in wild circles in the snow as he tried to make sense of his lonely surroundings.

'Kiba...'

His eyes grew wide at the faint voice echoeing in his head. Bearing his fangs, the white wolf snarled a warning to this seemingly empty world, hackles raised fiercely as he challenged an unknown competitor.

Once the wolf realized he was truly alone, he understood.

"That's my name...isn't it? I am Kiba..I am...alone."

He grew less tense, but oddly, he was becoming more confused as he learned more. Sitting back, he took a moment to look at the sky. Deep grey clouds blocked any sight of a wonderfully blue sky.

'A presence?'

Kiba spun around in his tracks to face another hill. A figure loomed over him, violet eyes gazing blankly, almost staring through him. It assumed the same form as his; A white wolf, or rather, a white wolfess, with a single stripe of black stretching from her right eyelid, to her ear.


---


The wolfess stood almost with no caution towards the vigilant Kiba, her warm eyes of light purple shades tracing him and following every move he made, which was kept to a simple side-to-side, wary pace.

Kiba was initially somewhat frightened, but now he couldn't feel anything but curiousity. This wolfess stood with almost no care for his presence, and observed him with little interest. He couldn't help but notice two odd brown and white feathers hanging from her left ear, swaying in the gentle breeze. It stood out to him, but he lost total interest as she turned away from him, stirring panic within the lone male.

"Wh..w..W-wait...Wait!!" Kiba called, stumbling over before full out running towards the wolfess. She didn't look back, and dissapeared on the other side of the hill.

Kiba began running full force, having underestimated his strength and the size of the hill. But when he finnally reached the top, the wolfess had simply vanished..

"But...she.."Kiba huffed, then noticed something in the distance. It wasn't wolven, that was positive. It stood vertically, being at least 5 and a half feet. The strange creature turned its head, and Kiba instinctively growled.

A face became obvious to him, a deep shade of golden brown skin covering it. And those eyes? Soft Violet.

The person smiled, facing him to reveal a human girl, dressed in a black jacket and light blue jeans, with black, knee-high, suede heels.

'A Human?..' Kiba immediately recognized, the word becoming familiar all too suddenly.

'You'll never make it through the city, looking like that. Try to blend in, She wouldn't want any harm to befall you..'

The gentle words sounded in Kiba's head, and he wasn't startled any longer. The girl turned around again, her long, white hair swinging behind her in a single, waist-long braid.

Kiba stood silently, watching her leave. His sudden panic fled, and he was left confused, searching for answers but finding nothing more than riddles.
Who is 'She'?
What is this violet eyed being?
A city?...

He lifted his eyes up the trail which the Violet-eyed stranger had taken, and the sudden appearance of a small, domed city stole his breath. He felt his heart twist, and his stomache turn..

"What is this feeling?..Where am I, and what did she mean?"

Kiba lowered his head to the snow, softly turning everything over in his mind. That wasn't hard to do, especially considering his lack of memories.

And then, that smell again. That soft fragrance, teasing him so. The names, the faces, and when he looked at the sky, through parting clouds he could see it, he recognized something that instinct told him to trust;

The moon.

"I am...Kiba..."

He lowered his head to face the city, and then once more to look at himself. He no longer stood upon four large paws.

"I am..searching..."

The wind tossed his brown locks of brunette hair, blue eyes squinting to take in the sight of Freeze city.

"For her.."

The smell lingered in the air, haunting and faint..

"Cheza..."