Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Haven Reawaken: Wolf's rain/ Restart ❯ Passage ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Passage

"Hey, Tsume!!"

A girly, dainty voice called from the door of Brute's Butcher shop, a silver-haired man glancing up shortly before returning to his duty of slicing the thick slabs of meat before him.

The girl that had called him earlier was the young daughter of his employer, a clingy but sweet girl nonetheless. She took on a 'tough' appearance. Died her hair blonde with blue streaks, wore dark eyeliner and black lolita-esque clothing. It was nothing her father liked, but funded her appearance just because he felt like spoiling her.
Liana smiled at him sweetly, waving and striding over.

"Hey..."Tsume replied half-heartedly, never much taking interest in the girl and her flirtatious ways.

"Liana! My baby girl!!"Brutus, otherwise known as Brute called from the back, pulling the bloody plastic gloves from his hand to embrace his only daughter and only child.

Tsume watched the routine event of father greeting daughter and daughter babbling on about her day at school with mild interest. Even Tsume didn't know how he put up with listening to the same crap every day that the daughter spewed about being challenged by the girls at her school. The leather-clad man knew first hand that Liana started fights on her own, but was rejected or beat down every time. He saw it when he drove by on his motercycle at lunch on the way to work.


"So tsume.."Liana spoke mock-seducingly, Tsume rolling his eyes and fixating his gaze on the raw meat he was working on.

Liana leaned over, trying to capture his eyes, pouting when he refused to look up. "Hey, c'mon Tsume. Why don't you ever pay attention to me?"She asked, and he slammed the butcher's knife into the table right next to her fingers.

The girl jumped, squeaking a little before watching him pull it out effortlessly.

"Because I would hate for either of us to accidentally lose a digit."He snapped cooly, and she pouted again. Liana was determined to go out with him, and was about to offer another date before she was interrupted.

"Besides.."Tsume continued, looking behind him. "Your father wouldn't be too happy to find out you were dating, especially an older man and even worse, his least favorite employee. Why don't you run along now kid, I don't have time for kids."

Liana glared and crossed her arms. "I'm no kid..I'll prove it.."she whispered before walking away and outside in a huff.

Tsume watched her go and sighed, shaking his head. He never understood women, especially not young women. He didn't know why either, he was always told he was the 'bad-boy type' girls would crawl over, but he never found a woman he was definantly interested in.

He had lived in this city all of his life..as far back as he could remember anyway. The first memory he had was being a reckless teen, found asleep in a building that was about to be demolished. He was taken in by several foster parents that just couldn't keep a leash on him, before he was sent to a detention center, and then the work force.

Closing his eyes, Tsume rubbed his neck a little, before slamming the butcher's knife into the counter again. He snapped his eyes open, gasping suddenly.

"Shit..they're coming in the daytime now?"He growled, before heading to the back.

"I'm going outside for a moment."Tsume stated shortly, Brute waving him off with little regard.

Tsume stepped outside and into the alleyway. The alley was small, but if you headed further down it opened up into a large passageway that carried many giant, tube-like electrical carriers to the center of the city.

Sitting at the ledge of the ground where it dropped off into the tubes, Tsume sighed and began to think, trying to understand these dreams that frequented him at night.

First he would see a red haired boy fall into darkness, then a strange pathway of flowers under the moon would appear in the distance. Then, he would die...or just wake up, but either way it was creeping him out.

Tsume looked up suddenly, as if someone had called out to him, and gazed around.
"I could swear someone was near.."He murmered, then figured he was just going nuts.

Tsume felt the presence again, but this time looked up at the bridge that crossed further away, far above the tubes. A girl stood there, smiling at him.

"Huh..Liana?...No, that's not right."Tsume spoke to himself, standing up and peering harder. He watched as the girl jumped up easily to the railing on the bridge.

"What the hell...no, what the hell are you doing?!"He called out, running over to the bridge as fast as he could.

"You better not be thinking of jumping!"He spoke sternly to the girl standing on the edge. She looked up at him curiously, then smiled again.

She stood up, walking across the railing with ease. Tsume held his breath, walking over to her.

"Get down from there before you kill yourself."He said in a softer voice, reaching out and grabbing her wrist.

"Why? It's just good fun.."The girl said, and Tsume stared at her for a moment.

She stared back, then tilted her head curiously.

Tsume realized he was staring and shook his head furiously. "Ah damn, i'm sorry...it's just, your eyes. I didn't know people could have violet eyes..."


---

"So, you lost something?"Tsume asked as he and the girl who stood next to him against the railing of the bridge delved into conversation.

She shook her head, smiling. "Didn't lose it, I just never had it. I've always been looking."

Tsume scratched the back of his head, still lost.

"So, what have you been looking for?"Tsume continued, both hands back against the railing.

"A key!"The girl answered simply, at Tsume grinned.

"So you've been searching for a key, all this time?"

"Yup."

Tsume chuckled a little bit, and the girl crossed her arms, giving him a mock-frustrated look.

"What's so funny?"She asked, and he shook his head, looking away.

"You spend all your time looking for some damn key...don't you have family that misses you?"He asked, and she looked away, still smiling.

"No, they all died."

Tsume paused, giving her an unbelieving look. All of them? Dead?
'How can she say something like that so lightly?..'Tsume wondered, before standing straight.

"Damn..I..I'm sorry. How did they-?"

"Hunters."She said, looking up at him with an astoundingly serious look.

Tsume scoffed, shaking his head. "Hunters? What, we're they criminals?"He asked, and she looked at him oddly.

"No...we were just unwanted. You should know, right?"She asked, and he raised a brow at her.

"I can't imagine. The only reason I don't have family is because I don't want one.."He muttered, facing away. He looked at their surroundings, watching a large dog run through the alleyways behind them.

Suddenly, a pair of hands covered his eyes, and he tried to turn around.
"What the hell are you doing lady-?"

"You've been asleep, all this time...Tsume.."

Tsume paused, short of breath. "How did you..?"

"They're looking for you. He needs you to find her and his memories...she needs you for the journey. Those visions won't go away until you remember.."The girl whispered, and Tsume spun around, grabbing the girl by the shoulders.

"Who are you? A-and what do you know about my visions? How do you know my name?!"He asked, and she only smiled, stepping back, but Tsume would let her go. He pulled her into him, embracing her.

'Something about her is..comforting.' He thought, then pushed her away only enough to look into her eyes.

"You know something I don't..I want to understand.."He spoke sternly, and she frowned.

"Then you have to let this life go, and return to what you truly are."She spoke, and he glared.

"You're not making any sense! How am I suppose to-"He cut off short, looking down the bridge when he realized someone was standing there.

"Li..liana.."Tsume recognized, watching the girl approach slowly, her cheeks and eyes red.
'How long was she watching...?'

Tsume pushed the girl he held in his arms behind him as Liana approached, looking down on the blonde.

"So who is she?"Liana asked coldly, and Tsume rolled his eyes. This was the LAST thing he needed.

"A friend, Liana, now go home."He stated sharply, but she refused.

"Is she your girlfriend? How long have you two been seeing eachother like this? Is this one of those stupid 'secret' romances?! Why her Tsume?! I would have been a much better girl for you!"Liana shouted, and Tsume shook his head.

The violet eyed girl stepped forward, taking Tsume's arm into her own and whispering up into his ear.
"Let her go...let everything you've known, go. If you want the truth, you have to push everything you've known away. How much do you want to understand? How much do you want that knowledge?"She asked softly, and Tsume stood, lost in his own thoughts.

"I'd give..anything..to finally understand myself. Who am I...what am I?.."He asked, and Liana gave him an angry stare.

"What the hell are you talking about Tsume?! What is that bitch telling you?"Liana shouted, but Tsume stared past her, still lost.

"Please...tell me.."

There was a sudden flash of white, and a ear piercing scream. The girl behind Tsume was suddenly gone, and Liana dangled over the edge of the bridge a few feet away.

"TSUME!!!"Liana screamed, shaking Tsume back into conciousness.
"Li-liana!!"He shouted, and took a step forward, but stopped when something ahead of him caught his eye.

A large dog stood where Liana had, pure white, with feathers dangling from it's left ear, it's eyes violet like the girl from before.

"You wanted to remember Tsume..I gave you what you need..can you bring them all back?"A voice rang in his head, and Tsume panicked. He fell back, the dog running off suddenly, then remembered where Liana hung.

He ran over, and as quick as he could, grasped her by her wrist.
But, she screamed...

Tsume paused suddenly to look down at the fear in her eyes, and what reflected in her blue contacts was not him..

But a dog.

He let go, and her fall was deafened by his confusion. There was a sudden rush, and Tsume stumbled to the side, faint.

"What the hell..."He mummered, grasping his head in his hands. There was more yelling, this time it was Brute's, but instead of running to see what had become of Liana, Tsume turned and ran off the bridge and into the darkness.

Kiba watched from afar as Tsume ran off into a dark passage that lead through one of the buildings, and the lone wolf clenched his fists.

"TSUME!!! YOU BASTARD!!!"Brute shouted from where his daughter's corpse lay, some workers coming from the surrounding buildings to see and call for help.

"Tsume.."Kiba repeated to himself, but instead turned away and headed back down the path the boy earlier, Toboe, had mentioned.

Kiba stopped abruptly a few meters down, and looked up at the roof of one of the buildings.
There she sat, watching curiously, her eyes speaking to him,
'What will you do now?'

Kiba looked away and continued his search.