Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Little Secrets ❯ Can’t Put Them in Danger... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Little Secrets
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Wolf's Rain
 
Summery: Semi-AU Toboe's been keeping “little” secrets from everyone. Who are these three girls who seem to know so much about the smallest wolf? Is he even a wolf at all? Was Granny only a cover-up story? What really happened to Toboe's family? IS TOBOE A GIRL?! Read and find out...
 
Warnings: None right now... except for the usual (The Usual: Me, my weird sense of humor, random things that give me ideas, my demented mind. The humor and dementedness are tuned down... slightly. Unless you're comparing this to “Random Randomness.” That is the most demented thing I can write right now...)
 
Chapter: 1
 
Chap. Title: Can't Put Them in Danger...
 
Chap. POV: Toboe
 
S.A.: Here we go!
 
They're asleep. Finally. I get up slowly. I don't want to bump any rocks. Their hearing's good, if not as good as mine. I write a letter and tuck under Kiba's hand. Cheza's sleeping beside him. “Goodbye.” I whisper softly. So softly it sounds more like wind rather than my voice. Breezie would get a kick out of that.
 
I tiptoe over to Hige and Blue. “Goodbye.”
 
I tiptoe over to Tsume. He looks so cute when he's sleeping. My hand reaches out to brush his face. I snatch in back before it makes contact. “NO!” I mentally scream at myself. “He's a wolf!! And you are leaving! No ifs ands or buts!!
 
I walk over to the entrance of the cave. “I can't put them in danger any longer...” I turn back to my “pack”, knowing they can't hear me. “I'll miss you... Tsume...” I nearly choke on my words, even though he can't hear them. “I... l... love you... I'm sorry everyone...” Then I jump. Off of the cliff and bounce off the rocks.
 
Hopefully, they'll all be safe. I know they'll be much safer with out me. What would happen if I were found out? The Hunters would come from every corner of the planet to get even a shot at capturing me. I am, after all, the last Water Demon in existence. I land at the bottom of the mountain. I have to find my older sisters... I know the amount of Hunters has nearly increased ten-fold in the last month... that's why I have to leave. Before, when there was only about six hundred in Japan, they had no chance of flushing me or my sisters out. Now, with six thousand, their chances had increased substantially. Being in one large group would make it easier for them to find us, of course. But, just because they find us doesn't make them a threat. Especially if we're all together. I can hear my mother's voice in my head now.
 
“My little girls... Together, you four could tip the world off its axis...
 
“We'll always protect each other... because we're sisters...”
 
TBC...
 
S.A.: Confused yet? Next chap, we'll find out what Toboe's letter said and how Kiba and co. react to it. Then, and only then, we will meet Toboe's sisters, find out if Toboe's a girl and... Probably figure out what the heck is going on... `-.- Sorry... Any way, review please!! Till next chap!!