Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Little Secrets ❯ Sisters ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Little Secrets
 
Disclaimer: See Chap. 1
 
Summery: See Chap. 1
 
Warnings: None right now... except for the usual
 
Chapter: 3
 
Chap. Title: Sisters
 
Chap. POV: Toboe
 
S.A.: Here we go!
 
 
I walk into the park of the first town I came to. It's beautiful. Unlike the rest of the world, it seems bright and cheerful. It's been two months since I left Kiba and the others. I'm trying to forget about them.
 
I've always had amazing luck. Maybe I'll run into my sisters here.
 
I find a small smoothie stand and order a strawberry smoothie.
 
“Here you go, miss.” The man working there says.
 
“Thank you... Josh.” I say after reading his nametag.
 
“Hey Josh!!” A high-pitched voice yelled. It sounds just like my older sister-
 
“Breezie!! What can I get you?”
 
“A blueberry for me, a kiwi for Sakura and an apple for Flame.”
 
“Coming right up.” Josh began to fix the smoothies.
 
A dirty blond with her hair in two big braids and large glasses sits beside me. She has on a white tank top with a light blue jacket, unzipped over it and pants to match the jacket. “Breezie?” I ask.
 
“Yeah. I know it sounds weird but it's my name- Toboe?!” She asks, looking absolutely stunned.
 
“It's been a while... big sis.”
 
“Do you two know each other?” Josh says, coming back with the smoothies.
 
“Know each other? We're sisters!!” Breezie says.
 
“Oh! Well, uhh, I'll leave you two alone, then.”
 
Josh walks away. “He's cute.” I comment.
 
“I know. Anyway, what are you doing here? And where have you been for the last... oh, I don't know... FIVE HUNDRED YEARS!?!?!?!?!?!?!?”
 
I sweatdrop. “Here and there. I thought we agreed on “absolutely no contact”, anyway.”
 
“Lectra was captured.” Breezie says.
 
I nearly choke on my drink. “Lectra? As in, Flame's best friend in the world, Lectra? As in, THE UNBEATABLE, INVINCIBLE, SUPREME, UNASSAILABLE, UNCONQUERABLE, PEERLESS, MATCHLESS, INDOMITABLE ELECTRIC DEMON OF THE WEST, LECTRA!?!?!?!?!?”
 
Breezie looks down. “Yes.”
 
“When? How? What happened? You rescued her, right?”
 
“It happened three years ago. She and Flame were traveling together. They got cornered by a bunch of Hunters. She got critically injured taking a hit for Flame. She told Flame to run. Flame was stuck in a situation where only an idiot, a parent, a sibling or a lover wouldn't have listened. Lectra got captured. Flame tried for five and a half months to rescue her before the Hunters boosted up security so much that she would have been killed or captured herself if she tried any more. But, just six months after she was captured, that would have been two and a half years ago, she was killed. They showed it on international television about three months ago.”
 
I gasp as it hits me. “That's the reason the amount of Hunters has increased so much!!”
 
“Yes. Lectra's death caught the attention of people all over the world. They realized that there are still demons out there and they're still a threat. Anyway, soon after Lectra's death, Flame decided to hunt us all down. She decided that our plan of staying apart was too risky and that we'd be better of together. She found Sakura, then me. We were resting at this town after looking for you for about a year.”
 
“Sorry. Guess I wouldn't be that easy to find. Where's Sakura and Flame?”
 
“Come on. They'll be thrilled to see you.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Smoothie time!!” Breezie says so cheerfully that it's hard to believe what she just told me a few minutes ago.
 
“What took you?” Flame demands. She's the oldest. She's confident and very powerful. That's why it's so hard to believe what happened to Lectra. Flame and Lectra were known as the Demons of the Northwest, my sister from the North and Lectra from the West. Even people who don't believe in Demons have heard legends about those two. Flame has waist-length red hair (same as mine) and sharp, deadly lavender eyes that cause most people to crumple at her feet. If she and Tsume met, my sisters and I would have to sell tickets for the fight that would fallow.
 
“Toboe!!” Sakura cries, noticing me. She's the second oldest and, by far, the most motherly. She's powerful, but she hates to harm people, demons or anything, for that matter. The only time I've seen her kill was when we where young and a grizzly bear demon was threatening Breezy. She has black hair that frames her face and Mother's blue eyes. Where Flame and Tsume would be killing each other, yet simply refusing to die, if Sakura and Cheza met, they'd be sitting on the deck, playing board games and singing church songs.
 
Sakura's black hair comes from our grandmother, who, as it turns out, is who Flame got her eyes from. I got my hair from Mother and my eyes from Father. Breezie got both her eyes and her hair from Father.
 
“Hey, Sakura, Flame.”
 
“Finally!! Where were you?!”
 
“I've been traveling with a pack of wolfs for about two years.”
 
“Wolfs? How'd you pull that off?”
 
“Water Illusion.”
 
Sakura nods in understanding. “You used your demonic powers to look like a wolf.”
 
“Yeah. But, I made a huge, HUGE, HUGE mistake.”
 
“Got attached, did ya?” Flame asks.
 
“Yup. It was really hard to leave them.”
 
“I bet.” Sakura comments.
 
“Shush.” Breezie says.
 
We're all silent immediately. Since Breezie is a Wind Demon, her hearing is even better than the rest of us. If she concentrated enough, she could hear a radio station in China. Her sense of smell is just as good.
 
“What is it?” Flame whispers.
 
“Gunshots. The other side of town. Eighty humans… four wolves… wolves are out-numbered twenty-to-one…”
 
My breath catches. “Is there a flower with them?”
 
Flame and Sakura look confused.
 
“With the wolves. Is there a lunar flower there with the wolves?”
 
“Yes, but I don't see what that has to do with anything…”
 
“We have to help them.” I say, standing up.
 
“Why? It's just some wolves.” Flame says, shrugging.
 
“If the Flower's with them, it's the pack I've been traveling with. I'm not asking you to risk your lives. I'm just asking you to get rid of some guns and maybe some humans if necessary.”
 
“Why not, it'll be fun.” Flame says. Breezie shrugs and Sakura nods.
 
“We're demons and we're supposed to protect the animals that live on this planet.” Sakura points out.
 
We all start running towards the gunshots, Flame, Sakura and myself fallowing Breezie until we can hear them ourselves.
 
“Those wolves are good.” Flame comments. She can tell just from the noises.
 
We finally reach them and I nearly scream. Kiba and Tsume are the only ones who can still fight. Hige can barely dodge and he's using all of his energy to keep the forty solders that Kiba and Tsume can't handle on him and not Blue, who can scarcely move. I can't even see Cheza.
 
Without even thinking about any consequences, I jump into the fight, landing in between Kiba and Tsume and the solders.
 
“Toboe!” They shout, wide eyed.
 
I charge at the solders, letting my rage shine through as I kick, punch, scratch, and bite anyone I can get my hands on. Soon, all forty are dead.
 
Kiba and Tsume are pale and I remember that they had never seen me really fight before. Everyone else (the solders, Hige, Blue, Cheza, who had come out of hiding after I appeared, and my sisters) had stopped moving and where staring at me. “Hey, Flame, Sakura, Breezie. Anytime you wanna jump in is fine with me.” They shake off the shock and quickly dispose of the rest of the solders.
 
Hige walks over to me, with Blue on his back, and shoves a finger in my face. “Who are you and what have you done with Toboe?!?!?!?”
 
I can't help it. I clutch my stomach and… giggle. So hard that I drop to my knees. Hige and everyone else stares at me. I don't know why the wolves are staring at me, but my sisters have never heard me laugh before.
 
“Okay… creepy.” Flame says.
 
“I'm… sorry!” I choke out between laughs. “Just… just… a… minute…” I sigh and calm down. “I've missed you guys…” I say to the wolves.
 
“Why did you leave?” Kiba asks.
 
I look at my sisters who nod. “They're strong. If we get cornered by Hunters, I wouldn't mind having them back me up.” Flame says.
 
“And it's not like we couldn't use a good distraction or two…” Breezie says.
 
“Okay. First thing's first. I'm a girl, not a boy.” My sisters raise their eyebrows and Tsume rolls his eyes and mutters something like “figures”. “And I'm not a wolf either…”
 
Kiba's head jerks towards me, Hige's jaw drops, Blue pales, and Tsume snorts. “You're not a wolf, huh? Then, why were you running beside us as a wolf?”
 
“My wolf-body was an illusion. I'm really a demon. A Water Demon, to be precise. Flame's a Fire Demon, Sakura's an Earth Demon, and Breezie's a Wind Demon.”
 
“Do you have any proof that you're “demons”?” Tsume asks.
 
Sakura places her hands on the ground and, as she brings her hands of the ground to above her head, vines and flowers fallowed. Cheza smiled and began to talk to the flowers, making Sakura giggle. Breezie takes off from the ground like a rocket, goes approximately forty feet off the ground, begins falling and is caught by her own power three feet from the ground only to repeat the process again and again. Flame summons fire into the palm of her hands, lets it fly it to the air, and, once it's as high as Breezie, makes it explode like fireworks. I fallow Flame's example, summoning water and making it dance around me. “Satisfied?” I ask. Tsume nods, wide-eyed. Looks like our small demonstration got under that cool skin of his…
 
“Anyway, the reason I left… wolves aren't the only creatures on the planet being hunted. Demons are being hunted as well. Even more than wolves. Where you only have the soldiers and “Pops” to worry about, there are entire countries devoted solely to the capture and extermination of demons. Japan is one of the slowest in the devolvement of their demon extermination programs. Three months ago, the worldwide number of Hunters, or Demon Exterminators, increased ten-fold. It took me a month to get up the nerve to do it, but I had to leave you guys in order to protect you. With all the fighting we did, I could have easily slipped up and revealed my power. Then, hunters from all over the planet would come looking for me and, knowing you guys, you wouldn't have let them get me without a fight, which probably would have killed you.”
 
“Okay that I understand. But, why did you pretend to be a guy if you're a girl?” Hige asks.
 
Flame explains for me. “There are no more male demons alive. If everyone thought Toboe was a guy, then that would throw hunters off her trail.”
 
“What did Breezie mean by “Distractions”?” Kiba asks.
 
“Hunters know that wolves exist. They just don't care. Therefore, if we are backed into a corner, you can fight them while my sisters and I make our escape. If the Hunters catch you, they'll just let you go, so long as you don't try to bite them or anything to make them think you're dangerous.” Kiba nodded to show he understood. “Anymore questions?”
 
“Yeah. How old are you?”
 
“One thousand, four hundred this year.” (A/N: Guessing that Toboe was fourteen when WR started. Demons age much slower than humans, so in this fic a demon ages as much in one hundred years as a human ages in a year and 8.33333(decimal goes on) years equals a month.)
 
Hige's jaw drops and I laugh. “See, I'm not as young as you thought!! I'm older than you're grandmother, so now you can't talk down to me!!”
 
“I'm only a thousand, six hundred.” Breezie says.
 
“I'm only a thousand, nine hundred…” Sakura says.
 
“I'm only two thousand, three hundred.” Flame says.
 
ONLY?!?!?!?!?!?!?” Hige asks.
 
“Demons age much slower than humans, so they're actually very young.” Kiba says.
 
“Even if we were human we'd all be around you're age. Except Toboe, that is.” Flame says.
 
“And?” Kiba asks, looking thoroughly confused.
 
“It sounded like you were calling us little girls!!”
 
“Well, I wasn't!!”
 
“Liar!!”
 
“I don't lie!!”
 
You just did!! Twice!!”
 
“Please don't fight!!” Sakura yells.
 
Looks like it wasn't Tsume and Flame I had to worry about. It was Flame and Kiba. I grin as realization hits me.
 
Arguing is the way they flirt.
 
TBC…
 
S.A.: `K. Longer chapter. Little hint of KibaFlame at the end… Oh, the possibilities… Review, please!! Please don't suggest KibaCheza. I might do it, I might not, but either way, I don't want any grief about it. Whatever.