Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Little Secrets ❯ Jason and the past ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

S.A.: Here we are!! Toboe's full past with her family will be reviled in this chap!!
 
Title: Little Secrets
 
Summary: See chap 1.
 
Disclaimer: See chap 1.
 
Chapter: 6
 
Chapter Title: Jason and the past
 
Chapter POV: Tsume
 
S.A.: Here we go!!
 
 
 
I walk in. Toboe's already in her room. I wanted to ask her about what happened.
 
“Who's Jason?” Kiba asks Flame, sitting down.
 
Flame sighed. “I knew that someone was going to ask. I'll start from the beginning. When Toboe was young, not even eight hundred yet, she met a boy named Jason. The two of them fell in love, got married when they were older and lived happily ever after… is what I would love to tell you. They did fall in love. Unfortunately, Jason's parents had been killed by demons, causing him to hate them with a vengeance. Jason asked our mother for permission to marry Toboe when she came of age, which she said would be fine, for our mother loved Jason like he was part of the family, we all did. When he asked for her hand, Toboe reviled herself as a demon. Jason… tried to kill her. He had been her first kiss, he had said that he loved her and even asked her to marry him and then he tried to kill her. You can imagine Toboe's pain. The poor, small, young girl had her heart ripped to shreds by the first man she had ever loved.
 
“But Jason didn't stop there. He knew that if Toboe was a demon then we were all demons. He told the villagers and they came and set our house on fire. I kept the flames away from us, for I was too young to put out a fire that size, but Mother and Toboe had been trapped in another room from the rest of us. Toboe was sleeping and, unfortunately, our mother wasn't an element demon, meaning she couldn't control the elements, so she had no way of putting out the fire. Since she couldn't awaken Toboe to use her water to control the flames, Mother surrounded Toboe in her demonic aura. Mother was a weak demon. She couldn't protect Toboe and herself. Toboe woke up five minutes later and begged Mother to put down the shield so that she could get them out of the fire. However, Mother was so close to death at the time that she couldn't even control her own energy any more. Toboe watched Mother die and was trapped in that shield until the energy ran out, which was long after the fire died. She was too scared to walk and we didn't find her and Mothers charred corpse until hours after the fire ended. She couldn't even be around me for fifty years.
 
“However, that was not the last that we would see of Jason. You know about Hunters. Well, Jason was the very first one. He even started a cult against demons. He did amazingly well, until he tried for the second, and last, time to kill us. During the battle I set him ablaze and killed him exactly how mother had died. The cult members came after us, trying to kill us. We never had any casualties. However, now, about six hundred years later, the cult's offspring are known by demons around the world… as Hunters. If one of them who was strong and believed strong enough in Jason's cause discovered the truth about what happened, one or all of us could be in serious trouble.” Flame finished.
 
I stared, wide-eyed. Toboe had fallen in love with someone and he was the cause of all her problems. If Flame hadn't killed him already, he would have died by my hands. What made me feel worst of all was that I had scared Toboe. I think that, before me, the only man she had ever kissed was Jason. And, by kissing her, I reminded her of him. I felt terrible. No wonder she had screamed. It must have been hard for her to tell me that she loves me, knowing what happened with the last guy she said that to. That explains why she didn't tell us that she was a demon. Jason scarred her for life.
 
Suddenly, new fears jumped into my mind. What if she never wants to see me again? What if she hates me for making her remember him? What if I remind her of him forever? What if she thinks that I'm mad at her? What if… what if… what if she doesn't love me anymore?
 
Startling the other occupants of the room, I jump up and run towards Toboe's room. “Toboe!!” I yell (I want to let her know that I'm there, but the “rooms” don't have doors to knock on).
 
“Come on in, Tsume.” She says from somewhere inside. I run deeper into the tunnel until it opens up to revile her living space. I see her curled up in the corner. I run over to her.
 
“Toboe…” I don't really know what to say.
 
“Are you going to tell me that you never want to see me again?” She asks.
 
“What?”
 
“I tell you that I love you, then I scream when you kiss me and after that I run off without even offering to explain.”
 
I sit on the floor and then pull her into my lap, wrapping my arms around her and resting my head on hers. “Flame explained everything.” I honestly don't know what shocked her more: that I knew about her past or that I was holding her. “I would never, NEVER, do anything to hurt you.”
 
She buried her head into my chest and began to sob. “I-I didn't love him.” I look down at her. “I thought I did, but… then I met you. From the moment I met you, I felt stronger feelings towards you than I ever felt towards Jason. I love you, Tsume, and not anyone else. Not then, not now, not ever!”
 
I squeeze her tight. “If I kiss you, will I remind you if Jason?”
 
To my surprise, she shook her head. “Not any more. At first, you reminded me of him because he was the only man I'd ever kissed. But Tsume, you kiss me like you know that I have power and you know that I don't need your protection. Jason always kissed me like I was a piece of glass that could break at any second. You are nothing like him because you love me, even though you know what I am.”
 
I smile. Yes, I, Tsume, the emotionless jerk, am smiling. I lean down slightly. “You're sure that you won't be scared again?”
 
She smiles at me. “Positive.” Then, she wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me. Whoa. Toboe is kissing me. I always thought that Toboe would be too shy to make a first move on anyone, let alone me. Her eyes shoot open as I slip my tongue in her mouth. I pull away.
 
“I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-”
 
“No, it's just that… Jason never kissed me like that so I wasn't expecting it. But… I did like it.”
 
I smile again. “Good.”
 
TBC…
 
S.A.: Yay!! Jason's dead and Tsume and Toboe kissed. Unfortunately, it looks like Toboe can never quite escape Jason…