Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Special Findings ❯ The joys of Parenthood, feeding, and naps! ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SPECIAL FINDINGS
BY: Angelfromwithin
 
 
Disclaimer: Like everyone else besides BONES and VIZ, I don't own Wolf's Rain!!…Except the five of the DVDs of the series and both mangas!!…but other than that…no!! ::cries::
 
 
A/n: Sorry that it took me so long to get this second chapter done! I just had so much going on with school and getting sick and trying to get into six different clubs…three of which are honor clubs! YAH!! I also want to say sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes that will randomly appear throughout my chapters!! I'm a really bad speller! I was rereading through my first chapter and already found a bunch of mistakes! I'm sorry!!
 
 
 
“The secrets of eternity—we've found the lock and turned the key.” -Don Henley
“Building a Perfect Beast”
 
 
Chapter Two: The joys of Parenthood, feeding, and naps!
 
 
“This is taking forever!” Tsume roared, anger evident in his eyes. He glanced over at Blue and the cub, fuming with anger. “Can't we just leave that thing somewhere?”
 
“Absolutely not!” Blue said, placing Melody on the ground. “Just look at her! She's just to precious to leave for someone to kill her!”
 
“Look! Look! She's walking!” Toboe said, jumping up and down, pointing at Melody who made feeble attempts at moving her little legs in the proper direction.
 
“I think we need to find something to eat…for the cub!” Hige said, defending himself quickly before anyone else could say anything.
 
Kiba snorted, shaking his head. “Rain will soon be coming.” He said, raising his head towards the sky and sniffing the air. “We need to find a cave so the cub doesn't get sick.”
 
“See! You do care for Melody!” Blue said, a smile on her face.
 
“No I don't!” Kiba said, raising his hands in defense. “I just don't want a cub following us around who is sick. That's all. She'll just slow us down even more in our search for Paradise! That's it!”
 
Ever since the wolves left the city where they found Melody, they've been moving at the pace of a snail, Blue and Toboe always carefully watching the young one. They would have to stop and rest of the cub ever so often or either listen to the pleas of Blue and Toboe, always saying that the cub needed some rest, or food, or something to drink. Hige was still jealous of not getting any attention from Blue. Kiba was still worried about finding Paradise, his instincts telling him to find this flower maiden, but this situation he was in wasn't letting him get away. Tsume was getting ready to kill Melody. He was tired of the stupid complaining, he was tired of the stupid slowness they were traveling, and he was just plain tired of this stupid circumstance. It would all be better if Melody were gone, he would think to himself, always planning to escape someway.
 
Kiba sigh, and shifted into his true form, trying to find a cave so the whining won't start back up from the pack. The wolves followed their leader's lead, Blue picking up Melody from the nape of her neck.
 
~~~=^.^=~~~
 
“Tsume and I will search for food. Hige will search the perimeter for anything suspicious. I guess Blue and Toboe will stay here with the cub.” Kiba said, all standing in front of a dark cave.
 
“But I want to go search for food!” Hige complained, growling.
 
“We can't trust you to bring back any food! Remember last time Porky? You ate most of it by the time you brought it back to us!” Tsume laughed, remembering.
 
“Fine!” Hige said, storming off towards the west in his wolf form, Tsume and Kiba splitting off towards the south and east respectively in their true forms.
 
“Leave it to the boys…” Blue sighed, shaking her head. “Well, shall we go in before the rain comes with a vengeance?”
 
Toboe looked at the darken cave in horror, his little mind imagining all the scary creatures that could possibly be in a cave like that one. “Maybe Melody is afraid of the dark?” he says, trying unsuccessfully to come up with excuses for not going into the cavern.
 
“That's why we're here to protect her. Let's go.” Blue urged, lightly pushing Toboe in front of her. “You're not scared are you?”
 
“Of course not!” Toboe said, taking a shaky breath. “What could possibly be in a big, dark cave? Big angry bears? No. Hungry lions? Nope. Humans with big guns and sticks? Don't think so. And of course there couldn't be any cats right? So I'm not afraid.” He shivered at the last, remembering his first meeting with cats.
 
“Good then, almighty one, lead the way!” Blue urged, giving Toboe a harder push, causing him to stumble into the entrance of the cave. “See. Nothing to fear.”
 
“That's what I said.”
 
Blue shook her head sitting down, laying Melody in her lap. “Why don't you go collect some leaves so Melody can have soft bed to lay in?” Blue suggested, and smiled when Toboe eagerly agreed.
 
“You're going to have an interesting life with our group, little one.” Blue whispered to Melody, gently rubbing her behind her ears. “But without those four, life just may be boring…”
 
Melody wagged her tail and licked Blue's fingers, drawing her attention back towards herself. Blue laughed, picking the cub up so that she was eye level to her. Blue frowned looking at Melody's fur.
 
“I know! Why don't we find some water so that we can clean you up and finally see that beautiful white coat of yours?”
 
Melody's tail stopped wagging, as she cocked her head sideways. Blue laughed again, standing up.
 
“It's okay. You'll feel much better after a bath, and you'll even look prettier!”
 
 
By the time that Kiba, Tsume, and Hige had returned, Toboe had collected enough leaves to make enough beds for twenty wolves and Melody was sparking white, while Blue was soaking wet.
 
“At least someone cleans up well.” Hige laughed, looking from Melody to Blue.
 
“Next time, you're going to clean Melody up!” Blue said, glaring at Hige, who shrugged it off, turning towards Tsume and Kiba.
 
“Did you two bring us something good to eat?”
 
“What do you think?” Tsume said, throwing down a carcass of an antelope.
 
“Alright! Meat!” Hige said, starting for the food, but stopped in his tracks when Blue held him back. “Hey! What's your problem?”
 
“Don't we have any manners? Don't you know that children and ladies go first?” Blue said, a huge smile on her face. “Besides, I don't think you want o regurgitate food for Melody, know do you?”
 
“Regurgitate food?! Are you kidding me?!” All four males said at once, a look of horror and disgust on their faces.
 
 
 
A/n: I know that the characters are way out of character in this chapter! And I'm really sorry!! I just don't think that this chapter would have really worked if they were in character. Hopefully next chapter I will be able to put them back into character more!! Well…that's the end of chapter two! I know that it's shorted than the first chapter, but that's all I could do for know. I hope that you all enjoyed it! So…what do you think? Please review! Helpful critiques and ideas are welcome!!