Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ true paradise ❯ the reunion of a fallen pack ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
chapter three -the reunion of a fallen pack--toboe's point of view-as soon as i saw him i could not help tackling him. it has been so long, and i have not felt this good in a long time. as he holds me in a tight embrace, i wonder if he has missed me as much as i had missed him. until now i hadn't seen a single living soul other than myself, and it was very lonely and cold. but now, i have tsume back with me, and i refuse to let him go. judging by how tightly he's hugging me i'd guess he feels the same way. its as is he is afraid i'm going to disappear if he doesn't hold on as tightly as he can. then again, in this strange world, just about anything could happen. for now though, i'd rather not think about that. all i can think about is how much i love tsume. and how much he loves me. nothing else matters to me. i want to just stay like this forever. maybe now i can.-hige's point of view-huh. well um.. maybe i'll just scent the air first. i wonder where kiba is.. and are tsume and toboe here? hm.. suddenly i gasped sharply. i was picking up a scent. it was like stirring up and kindling a fire inside me. i followed the scent closely, not stopping for anything. and there it was. blue was there, hanging limply from the vines, completely motionless except for very light breathing. "BLUE!! BLUE WAKE UP!!" i yelled, desperately hacking through the vines to get to her. "BLUE!!!!" i leapt into my wolf form and tore through the vines that had been suffocating her. i caught her as she fell from the vines, now breathing steadily, though a little heavily. i looked down at her face, almost inches from mine, and kissed her. i have no idea why, but it was the first thing that came to mind, so i decided to follow that instinct. it felt like something left my body, like part of my spirit or something, as well as my energy. but then suddenly, before i could draw back, her eyes snapped open and she awoke. i pulled back and glanced around, now positive i was turning red. "hige.. did you..save me..?" she said, holding her throat where some of the vines had bind her. well what was i supposed to say. "um.. well yeah.." i replied nervously, though i didn't intend for it to be. i was really not expecting what happened next either. blue had flung her arms around me and kissed me, screaming my name out in between sobs. she practically melted into my arms, and i of course had no objections. i had not realized it, but a large portion of my heart and soul was missing, and now i was whole again. we died together, and together forever we shall stay. i won't have it any other way, and evidently, neither will she.