X/1999 Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Requim ❯ Illusions of the Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Requim

By: Lacus Klein

Disclaimers: No characters, say for Myobi, are mine. I’m just writing because I like it.

Notes: Big thanks to Notta-chan for leaving me reviews for the story thus far. I kiss your feet! I’m glad to know that someone’s reading this and actually liking it. If there are others reading this, please, please, please leave a review! As long as it’s constructive, if you didn’t like something I can handle it. Just no cussing me out or anything, ‘kay? Anyways, chapter five already. Myobi’s beginning to wreak havoc now. What’s she planning overall? You’ll soon see.


Chapter Five

Illusions of the Past


Akiko sat at her desk and looked over the old files she had dragged out. Sighing, she ran a hand through her hair. Fourteen years, she thought as she sat there. Fourteen years have gone by since that awful day.

Not a day had gone by for her that she hadn’t thought about Myobi and wondered what she was doing. The truth was, she couldn’t see the child killed. It hadn’t been Myobi’s fault that one of her creations attacked someone in the mistaken belief that she was in danger. She was only two years old. The doll had worked in convincing everyone that she was dead. Yet, Akiko had always wondered if she’d made the right decision to not fight the king, but deceive him.

The recent events had really made her think things over again. Word had gotten back to Meifu that Myobi was alive and had stolen Kamui’s soul to resurrect him. No one yet knew why, but there were rumors everywhere. The Shinigami hadn’t returned yet, considering the situation. They had been ordered to stop her. But somehow, Akiko couldn’t help but feel that this was a mistake. Myobi had obviously changed. What if seeing her parents again further damaged her fragile state?

A knock on her door brought her out of her thoughts. Turning, Akiko saw Watson open the door. “Your presence has been requested in the main hall.” he said.

“Very well.” Akiko said, getting up. She then headed down the long hall to the main hall.

The count was waiting at the table for her. “There you are Akiko.” he said.

“I take it this is about Myobi and the recent turn of events.” Akiko said as she sat down.

“Of course. But it seems there’s more at stake then you realize.” the count said.

Akiko looked over at him. “I’m sorry, I don’t believe I understand.” she said.

The count sat back, sighing. “Myobi’s powers have largely been unknown. That creature, which sources seem to think is named Lucky, was of her creation. And now she has resurrected Kamui. What do you believe that she is hoping to accomplish by these actions?” he said.

“I can’t say.” said Akiko. But she didn’t like where this conversation was going.

“Myobi’s mental state is obviously changed since her dismissal from Meifu. She’s had no guidance, nor any discipline. And with her attacks against her parents and the other Shinigami, we have reason to believe that she intends to destroy Meifu.” the count told her.

Akiko stared at him. “But how?” she asked.

“We don’t know. But I want you to join Tatsumi and Watari. You need to stop her before she finds her way here.” the count told her.

“Yes.” Akiko agreed.

*********************************************************************


Watari sat by the window and stared out at the night sky. His mind was still buzzing with the events that had occurred a few hours later. Myobi had attacked them. But why? He couldn’t make much sense of any of it. But seeing Myobi across the roof top like that, he knew that something was wrong. She didn’t look the same. And it wasn’t because she was older. There was a different look in her eyes. A cold, calculating look. One that meant nothing but trouble.

A knock at the door made him look up. “Come in.” he called.

The door opened and there was Akiko. Closing the door behind her, she looked around. “You’re alone?” she asked.

“Tatsumi had to give a report to Konoe. He’ll be back soon. I’m guessing you heard what’s going on, beings you’re here.” Watari said, getting up.

“Yes.” Akiko nodded. “I’m sorry it’s come to this.”

“So, what do you think? Why’s she doing this?” Watari asked as they sat at the table.

“I looked over Myobi’s charts before I came. I had heard that you all saw her. Can you tell me about the encounter?” Akiko asked.

Watari sighed. “Well, it was only from a distance after we were attacked. Tsuzuki and Hisoka saw her closer. They had said that she seemed different then. And Seii and I thought so too when we saw her. Her eyes were so cold.” he told her.

Akiko looked down, biting her lip. “It seems her personality has changed. I was afraid of that. That’s going to make this very difficult.” she admitted.

“So what’s her reason for bringing Kamui back?” Watari asked.

“Perhaps the same reason for having Lucky. Companionship. She sees him as herself.” Akiko theorized.

“Great.” Watari sighed.

“I hate to say it Watari, but I doubt she’ll back down willingly on this. I think in her mind, we abandoned her.” Akiko said softly.

“I realize that. But I want the chance to prove to her that we didn’t. Isn’t there something we can do?” Watari whispered.

“We fight back and try to make her listen.”

The sound of Tatsumi’s voice made both of them look up. Akiko chewed her lip. “I suppose. But I’m still worried. She may be quite unstable right now.” she told him.

Tatsumi nodded. “I realize that. But there’s no choice in the matter. I don’t want to fight with her either, but if it’s the only way to help her, I will.” he said.

“I agree.” Watari said.

***********************************************************************< br />
Myobi stood on the rooftop with Kamui and stared at the full moon. “It’s been quite a day.” she whispered.

“You sound upset.” Kamui noted.

“I’m not. But I can’t help feeling rather down.” Myobi said.

“Were you angry to see your parents again?” Kamui asked.

Myobi shook her head. “I really didn’t care. They were the ones who left me. Just like all the others. I suppose I didn’t like the idea that they were able to fend me off though.” she admitted.

Kamui laid a hand on her shoulder. “So what do you plan to do now?” he asked.

“I’m far from finished. I won’t stop until I reach my ultimate goal.” Myobi said.

“Which would be?” said Kamui.

Myobi smiled, turning and putting her arms around his shoulders. “Why, to destroy Meifu, of course.” she said.

Kamui smiled back down at her gently, stroking her bangs back. “It seems you have all of this planned out.” he said.

“Of course I do.” Myobi said. “All I need now is my ticket in there. And she’ll show up very soon.”

TBC

After Notes: Okay, so the main plot is starting to show. Myobi’s big plan is to destroy the place she feels betrayed her. Kamui is part of her plan too, though there was another reason she resurrected him as well. Akiko’s role in this is also important, and hopefully you’ve caught on to what it is. So what are her parents going to do about her? All coming soon.