X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Cycle ❯ A Girl ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"This girl…is she still breathing?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"And are we certain she's the one we're looking for? I'd hate to discipline you if I found out your wrong…"

"We're checking at full capacity, ma'am. Satsuki's making the final deductions. It's only "time will tell" now."

"Good. Summon me when you get the final results."

"Yes ma'am."

"…So, what's this girl's name again?"

"Ali Umiyou, Mistress Kanoe."

----------------

Darkness. Complete and utter dark and loneliness. The dead of night, shadows pacing, murmuring, moving, leaving. Never stopping. It had been like this for hours, and for me, even longer. It must have been two days by now. Here in this dead-zone laboratory, my body pierced with that damn thing's wires. They were everywhere, entangled in my neck length brown hair, tied around my ankles, connecting to my knees, feeling my every breath. Noting my every turn, nervous pulse, or twitch of a finger. My teal eyes had been encased in a dead stare, wide open for all to see. I feel my thoughts, but I know someone else is too. More like something else. I must have paid an inexplicable price for whatever I had done to these people, to that figure above me, the one that's been watching me, and monitoring me. Even through my blank, tear deprived eyes, I can see her. She's hooked up to it too. To whatever I'm hooked up to. But, somehow she seems to be enjoying herself. How can she be so happy being hook-line-and-sinker to this burly, beeping, pulsing piece of crap?! But I don't even remember what I did!! How did I get here?! What did I do?!

-----------------

~*~Flashback~*~

It was early in the Thursday sun, the town clock chiming twelve. People bustled about below the grand structure of the Tokyo Tower, hurrying to get into the elevator to its new renovations or just swerving past the clumps of crowds that seemed to litter the street. One such girl in these crowds pushed her way through, handbag swinging outwards from her rush. Apparently today, Ali Umiyou had slept in from school and was now very late. Her long blue school dress flapped madly against her moving legs, her matching shirt baggy from lack of care with her tie, which could've fallen off at any given time.

She stopped momentarily to glance about her. On the right was a street that said "Koru Blvd." which had cars lining up for miles in gridlock. She turned to her left and noticed a small entry way into an alley and by the looks of it; it was the only best way to the school. Turning her attention to bee-lining it to the walkway, she shoved past the few more crowds around her, finally stumbling into the alley. A light pant escaped her lips.

"Whew, that took forever! Damn morning crowds," she muttered under her breath.

Taking the moment to consider the rather dark alley, she knew quite well what walking through one of these could do to a person. Especially a girl her age. Even if she was fifteen, it didn't change her safety. The only way to prevent being kidnapped was to avoid places such as that. But she was late, and in a hurry, and not thinking clearly. So she began her jog through the narrow pathway.

But above the city streets, as this girl ran, lurked a dark shadow, watching her intently. The figure's eyes narrowed at the sight of her, sensing something…different from all the rest. Just as they had been hoping for. The slim figure pulled a communicator from a side pocket, clicking the button silently.

"I do believe we've found her," the voice hissed into the communicator. They lifted their finger from the switch to watch the girl run past.

"Good work. We'll take it from here, for now, get yourself back," the monotone voice of a female cracked back after a moment.

"Gotcha, over and out." With that the dark figure disappeared from the roof, just as it had appeared.

Ali paused briefly when a strange sensation flowed through her. It made her heart beat a little faster and her vision blur. It was like walking through a tornado with your feet still attached to the ground. Soon though, it had vanished, leaving her to feel the after shock. She sucked in a heavy breath.

`Damn, there it goes again. What the hell is up with this?'

It reminded her of so many times at school. She'd feel fine and active. But once in a while, she'd noticed a couple of her classmates, one's of which names weren't ringing a bell. But she did know that every time she passed them, that same feeling would come over her. For one such boy though the feeling was different. He was rather solitary at school and only in one of her classes, but for some oddity, she always felt like bursting into tears when she saw him. Once he had greeted her in a hallway and she instantly ran to the bathroom, sobbing for what seemed like hours. If only she could remember…

Her thoughts were interrupted when a loud crack shook the ground. The sound resembled an explosion, yet, no buildings fell. She did realize though that the pipelines, once normal looking, were now twisted with wires, clicking with electricity. Her first instinct told her to run, flying down the alley, hoping to reach the exit in time for whatever danger she felt, or rather knew, she was in. To her greatest misfortune, her hoped for exit had also been netted with the thick flickering wires. Suddenly and without warning, the massive lines of wires shot forth, quickly wrapping themselves around her arms and legs, into a giant net.

The next she knew, all had gone black and two days had passed.

~*~End Flashback~*~

Now Ali was pinned against a large platform, fitted to her body structure and full of throbbing wires, which had been connected to all her outer limbs. Over head, Satsuki sat with her greatest love, Beast, reading over the girl they had so successfully caught. Moments of silence passed, the only sounds being that of Beast's monitoring and electric pulses. Soon though, the room was filled with a loud hum. Satsuki pulled herself from Beast, the wires disconnecting from her body as she sat forward. No sooner had she'd freed herself from Beast that Dreamseer Kanoe glided back into the room, and expectant glare in her eyes. She stopped to glance up at Satsuki, who leaned over to down at her.

"Well? What have you found out?" Kanoe hissed impatiently. Satsuki bobbed her head in response.

"Affirmative. Identification: Ali Umiyou. Gender: Female. Age: Unknown. Birthplace: Unknown. Blood type: Unknown. Family: Unknown. Medical records and identification number: None. This girl is completely mysterious," Satsuki listed calmly, reading off one of the many screens next to her.

"So, in other words, she would either be too young to have any written reports about her, or it's as if she shouldn't even exist." Kanoe concluded, fingering her chin. Her eyes fell maliciously upon the semi-conscious teen. A coy smirk spread across her lips.

`So, we've finally found you, Toru Shirou.'

---Author's Note---

Kyo-Kyo: Hello everyone! Hope you liked this first chapter and I hope it isn't too confusing! But please do review! Until next chapter!