X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Entrapment ❯ Entrapment 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Entrapment

# Chapter 1

It's the same dream. The same dream I had ten years ago. I can't stop thinking about it. It was so real. I don't know what to say. But why did it come back ten years later? My mind was mixed up. I couldn't think straight. I was tired, I couldn't sleep. I needed someone…

A crowd…Moving swiftly pass me. They were all moving in the same direction, their faces were not clear. Some of them even bumped into me. There was no talking, just the sound of footsteps. I was moving the opposite direction. I was going to something…someone. I didn't know who. I then saw another, he was just standing there, and he was facing me. His pigment black silken hair ... He was totally clad in black, his gloves, his pants, his loose turtle neck shirt, his fitting leather boots.

His face and parts of his neck shone like porcelain. His face was very clear, unlike those around us. I shivered. He was beautiful! His brilliant golden eyes shone in the dim light. The scene changed. We were in a dimly lit room, furnished with fancy cupboards and a large varnished table, surrounding it some eight chairs. The man was sitting on the table, his shining golden eyes fixed on me. I shivered again. His skin was pure white; I noted this as I watched him take off his gloves and as I looked at his face. One thing had changed from the previous scene.

He had crimson blood on his lips. He licked it away, hastily, as if he thought it would frighten me away. He opened his mouth and spoke. "Come to me, my dear one, my child…" His voice was soft, deep and somehow soothing. But this was a whisper, barely audible. "Come to me, and I shall give you all that I am." I shivered once more. I was but sixteen. His face showed his assumed age, nineteen. He smiled. "Don't guess my age, my darling. Come to me now." I stood rooted to the ground. Some force was pulling me toward him. I could no longer resist. I moved. I walked towards him, and into his arms. He embraced me tightly, and he whispered in my ear, "I will be waiting at-" he was cut off, for I woke. I was confused, helpless.

I was but a child…Not yet an adult…The first I saw him was whence I was eight. And at that time I had special book for recording my dreams. The man's face had never been clear until now. I had never heard the man's voice until now. I didn't tell anybody. I couldn't trust my secrets to anybody… EXCEPT….

*##########*

I sat in my favorite chair. I was huddled up; my knees were brought up to my chin, my arms wrapped around them. The sun was setting, its orange light playing on the floor of my balcony. I was afraid. I didn't know what to do. I shifted into the normal sitting position again. I looked toward the phone, which was sitting on a small table beside me. My hand reached out, and hesitantly picked it up. I dialed a number.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Subaru? It's me."

"Kamui?"

"Yes,"

"What's wrong?"

"Well, you said I could call you if I needed to talk, so…"

"I see, so, what's bothering you?"

"Can…you come to my place?" A pause.

"Yeah, sure."

"Thank you."

"No prob, bye."

"Bye."

I forgot about my closest friend. Subaru. He was always there for me, ever since we were little kids.

Half an hour passed. I just sat there, my mind filled with the illusions of my dreams. I was also thinking if Subaru was even coming. The door bell rang. It startled me. I got up from my chair slowly, taking my time to walk to the door. I looked through the door hole. My eyes widened. It was…that man… The one from my dreams… jet black hair, totally clad in black. But a smile was on his lips. I just noticed that it was dark, night already…

"Who are you and what do you want?" I demanded. I never ever demanded anything before. I was sweating. "I'm your new neighbor…I just wanted to get to know you…I've visited the people down the corridor already, you're the only one left." His voice proved me right. He knows me and knows where I am. I was somehow shocked. "Go away." I hissed. I saw through the door hole that his smile widened. "I meant no offence; I just wanted to make friends." He shrugged and walked off. I bolted the door. I didn't want him to come back. He existed. I knew what he was. He was a bloodsucker, a demon, a child of Satan…A vampire. I was shivering. I was terrified. Only I knew what he was. Oh, where is Subaru when I need him?

A knock on the door. "What do you want from me?" I shouted, I was leaning on the door, sweat trickling down my cheek. "Kamui! It's me, Subaru!" I sighed. I unbolted the door. Subaru was standing there, yes the person I knew since young, the same eyes, and the same pale, creamy skin. "Thank God!" I ran over to him, and threw my arms around him. "Thank God," I whispered again. He patted my back. "It's okay, I'm here now…" he whispered. I smiled and led him inside and once more bolted the door. I told him all that happened. I told him that the devil was living next door.

He listened patiently. I didn't know if he actually believed me. "So you're saying that a vampire is living next door…" I nodded. He smiled. "That he had been appearing in your dreams since you were eight? But Kamui, I've talked to him, he seemed nice. He told me his name."

"And what is his name?" I mocked. "Fuuma." Subaru answered. The name struck on something deep inside me. It sounded so familiar. A strange music rang from somewhere. I stiffened. "Can you hear it?" I asked. Subaru leant close to me. "Hear what?" I suddenly noticed that it was Mozart. Mozart played on a harpsichord, very rapidly it was played. I could no longer contain myself. I screamed.

I shut my eyes and I covered my ears. I couldn't bear this! I was going mad! Why has it come upon me? Of all the miserable mortals that walked the Earth…Why me?

Subaru was shaking me. The music had stopped. I sat there, panting. I was going to cry. And that I did. I sobbed against Subaru's shoulder, wetting his nylon jacket. He comforted me. I wasn't strong. I couldn't contain this much stress, I just wished everything would just go away. Subaru had carried me off the chair. He was bringing me to my bed room. He set me on the bed, he tucked me in. I was shivering. I was like a sick child shivering under the covers of a hospital bed.

And who was this Fuuma? Why had he come? Questions were an unstoppable current flowing through my head. Subaru was stroking my hair, speaking comforting words in my ear. I feared I was going to die because of this crazy situation.

***

Fuuma sat on the bed smiling almost maliciously. His harpsichord was propped against him. He had enjoyed this little game; it was time now for the real challenge. He had to carefully plan on how to get rid of his victim's protector…