X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ My Number One Crush ❯ A God's Wrath ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]


My Number One Crush

- A God's Wrath

(Chapter 4)

Author's note: Boys being what they are, they love using strong language so don't blame me.

***********


Hachi took a deep breath and tiptoed into the locker room. "Phew, he's not here yet..." He took out his gear and left to change. When he came out, Fuuma was already sitting on the bench, obviously waiting for him. Upon seeing Hachi, Fuuma stood up and began walking towards him.

Hachi walked backward nervously, trying to escape Fuuma's stony glare. "Shit," he cursed when his back hit the unyielding lockers. Seeing no other option, Hachi decided to play the ignorant fool. "Ahhh, so what was it you wanted to see me about?"

Fuuma frowned. Hachi began trembling, the Demon God had not uttered a single word and that didn't feel like a good sign. "Yeeess, Monou-sempai, is there anything I can do to help? " Hachi asked yet again but still Fuuma kept silent.

Of course, Hachi being Hachi, he tried to worm out of the situation in the most inappropriate manner possible. "Soo, it seems like you've got nothing to say, uh, I gotta go now, gotta train... The zone championship to worry about you know," He attempted to slide past Fuuma.

It was a bad move.

"Wait." Fuuma made that single word reverberate all round the small locker room. He reached out and held Hachi to the locker by his wrist. Hachi stared wildly at his trapped limb. He was in for it bad.

"Just WHAT were you doing to Kotori? She didn't tell me much at home," Fuuma spoke in a conversational tone.

Hachi calmed down some. OK, he hadn't started screaming yet. There was hope yet. Wasn't there? "Well, she was about to fall and I just caught her is all..." Hachi hedged.

"JUST caught her? You had your filthy hands on my younger sister's waist and you JUST caught her?" Fuuma raised his voice slightly. Hachi nodded his head vigorously. No point arguing there, he was going to die whichever way... Might as well pick the most efficient way to his death.

"Yup! I just caught her- ITAIIIII!!! " Hachi yelled as Fuuma tightened his grip on his wrist.

"Let go, please Fuuma, let go, look I won't touch her ever again I promise- OW! I'm sorry! ITAIII!!! That hurts..." He tried to lean back but hit his head against the locker.

Fuuma leaned forward, narrowing his eyes dangerously. "If I ever", he emphasised the word by slamming Hachi's wrist against locker again and grabbing the front of his jersey - "Ever see you touch Kotori again, I'll make you even more sorry than you are now...Is that clear?" he warned. Hachi nodded his head so hard he was convinced he could hear his vertebrae moving.

"Yes! Yes!" Hachi breathed a huge sigh of relief as Fuuma let go of his hand. He breathed even more when he saw Fuuma walking out. He turned to walk back to the washroom, he had to wipe off all that sweatdrops. Hachi thanked whichever god who had listened to his prayer. That was short.

"And Hachi?"

Hachi turned and gave Fuuma a lost puppy expression, "Yes, Monou-sempai?" he simpered, dropping the pose immediately when Fuuma took one threatening step forward.

"Err...Yes?" he asked in a more serious tone, straightening up.

"There'll be a session on defence and how to mark your opponents well. I'll be needing volunteers...And you haven't been too active these days," Fuuma gave a significant nod and left the locker room.

Hachi's eyes widened in horror and understanding. Volunteers.... "Yes, Monou-sempai..." he said weakly.

**************

"So what happened after that?" Ritsu asked, listening with rapt attention. "Ohh, nothing much, he just gave me one of the worst training sessions I ever had," Hachi said heroically. Inwardly, he winced, just thinking about that training session made him sore all over again. Fuuma had basically grilled Hachi on the sly, giving him a hard time by executing clean (and legal) tackles on Hachi.

"So, after listening to this saga, are you still interested in Kotori?" Fujima asked, eyes shining from behind his spectacles. Ritsu nodded his head enthusiastically. "Of course..." his words drowned Fujima's and Hachi's exasperated groans. "The course of true love never did run smooth!!"

"Fine, fine, it's at your own risk, since you want her so much!" Fujima moaned. Hachi nodded in agreement but he put a conspiratorial arm around Ritsu. "Sooo... If you want her, you gotta win his approval first. Annnddd, the fastest way to impress Fuuma is to show him what a good player you are! Tryouts are tomorrow, see you there!"

Fujima slapped his hand against his forehead. "Hachi..don't you ever think of anything else besides soccer?" Hachi shook his head. "Noo! You do the thinking for everything else, I'll just borrow your brain cells when I need them," he stated shamelessly. Ritsu laughed hearing Hachi's remark. Fujima fumed, "You're incorrigible! If I knew you were going to grow up like this, I would have never made friends with you in kindergarten!"

"Too late! You already did..." Hachi stated in a singsong voice. "Anyway, I was talking to him, not you," Hachi turned back to Ritsu. "Bring your gear tomorrow, it's 3.00 pm after school, I'll see you there, I gotta prepare the equipment." Ritsu nodded.

"Just one thing, I'm doing you a favour by trying out for the team. What do I get in return?" Ritsu asked. "Whaat! You wnat a favour in return, of all ungrateful..." Hachi spluttered in amazement. "Fine, then I won't try out. Fujima, there's room in the astronomy club isn't there?" Ritsu asked Fujima, who nodded happily.

"Arrrghh! No, I'm sorry! I'm sorry! OK, OK, what do you want?" Hachi pleaded desperately. Ritsu grinned, "Now, that's more like it! I want..."

"What?"

"I want to be able to talk to Kotori alone, you know, have a little tête-à-tête with her... Think you can arrange that?" Ritsu asked. Hachi's jaw dropped. "That's impossible! He takes her home every day! Even if he had training, it's either she waits for him in the library or he sends her home and comes back! Fujima, you gotta help me!" Hachi begged.

Fujima decided to come to Hachi's rescue; no way was he going to allow his friend to go through hell again. "How are we supposed to arrange that? You heard Hachi!" he reminded Ritsu. "Oh come on... Fujima, you're the smart one, think of something," Ritsu pleaded his case.

Fujima paused at that. Ritsu smiled a secret smile. After spending time with Hachi & Fujima, he had noted certain quirks in personality, which could become means for exploitation. For Fujima's case, he loved to be reminded that he was smart & he could never resist a challenge.

"Come on Fujima, I'm sure you can think of something," Ritsu continued, buttering Fujima up. He was sure Fujima would take the bait.

Fujima took a deep breath. "Alright, I'll think of something..."

Ritsu beamed whilst Hachi perspired profusely.

<end chapter 4>

-->

yviR='us';yfiEA(1); geovisit();