X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Rain ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Everytime It Rains

By: Lacus Klein

Disclaimers: Toyko Babylon/X owned by Clamp, not me.

Notes: My second songfic and first ever TB fanfic to be posted online. The song, Everytime It Rains by Ace of Base, just seemed to fit so well that I had to write this idea down. Actually, type it ^^:


Everytime It Rains


Subaru sat by his window and stared out at the darkening horizon of the city. The black clouds were steadily moving in, and all he could do was sit there and watch. The smoke from his cigarette slowly coiled up in front of him, and his eyes darkened at the sight of the clouds.

I see dark clouds out my window
I know the storm is coming any minute
And the thunder just unfurls my fears
And I know the tears are iminent

It was always like this when a storm moved in. The memories came flooding back, and Subaru found himself as that young sixteen year old boy again. How was it that rain could so easily release those memories? He never quite understood it. Snuffing the cigarette out, he looked back towards the skies. Outside, the wind was picking up, blowing through the nearby park trees.

I'll be crying every thunderstorm
Look here comes the very first drop

Hokuto used to complain when it rained. He recalled that quite well. She'd say that it may have been nessacery, but it was still a downer. She had always been so upbeat and lively. Subaru sighed. Before, he would've never imagined living without her. But that time was over. He'd never see that smile again. But as he watched the rain begin to fall, another face came into his mind. Looking down at the burnt out cigarette, he scowled at the memory.

Cause everytime it rains
I fall to pieces
So many memories the rain releases
I feel you
I taste you
I cannot forget
Everytime it rains, I get wet

Getting up, Subaru moved to the living room and laid back on the couch. Staring at the ceiling, he allowed himself to picture that face once again. Seishiro, he thought. How long has it been now? He knew the answer though. It had been five years since that horrible night. The night he was betrayed. Yet, even now, he couldn't picture that face without feeling the pang of sadness in his heart.

Darling I am still in love with you
As time passes by it just intesifies
No I'll never be with you again
I'll never find another with that kindness in his eyes

The kindness Seishiro showed was only an act, but Subaru still found himself believing that smile. All those kind words and that outgoing personality had been so attractive, even if he didn't really admit it back then. And when he'd been hurt, the love that had bloomed in Subaru's heart for him came to a head. He never imagined Seiichiro would betray him as he did.

I'll be crying every thunderstorm
Look here comes the very first drop

The thunder clapped as Subaru closed his eyes to hold back the tears. How could I have been so foolish? he thought to himself. Seishiro's words had hurt him so deeply, saying that he didn't love him back. So much so that he just couldn't bear it. And then Hokuto paid the price. She died in his place. And Subaru knew he'd never be the same.

On sunny days I'm all right
I walk in the light
And I try not to think about
The love I live without

Getting up, Subaru grabbed his coat and walked out. Though it was raining hard outside, he didn't stop. He walked down to the park towards the shrine where his sister was buried. Once there, he stopped and stared at it. All around him, the rain fell. His hair stuck to his face and the water dripped over his cheeks along with the silent tears that still fell. The memories flashed through his mind again. And there was Hokuto's smile. Subaru fell to his knees and looked at the ground.

Everytime it rains
I fall to pieces
So many memories the rain releases
I feel you
I taste you
I cannot forget
Everytime it rains, I get wet

I swear I'll kill him myself for this, he thought angrily. But staring at the grave, he could help but cry. He did want to kill Seiichiro. But how could he kill him, when he was still in love with him?

End

After Notes: Everytime I hear that song, I think of Subaru and Seiichiro and what happened in the manga. This is set a right before X begins, if anyone's wondering. It's sad, but I thought it was worth writing. Anyone like?