X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Softly Falling Snow ❯ Softly Falling Snow ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Softly Falling Snow
 
A X drabble by Setzuka
 
 
PG-13 rated X drabble. Seishirou ascends at a price.
 
Snow fell softly to the ground during the cold winter night. White flakes dusted the cooling body as she lay cradled in his arms. A dark red congealing puddle had spread out from the pair as it soaked into white. The shade of pink that was formed at the edges of the freezing pond was quite beautiful. The color of sakura.
 
She had the appearance of a woman sleeping. The gaping wound in the center of her chest told a different tale, an end of her own making. Destiny. One who was meant to have no heart should never love. Once found, that heart should be taken from him or her by the one who nurtured it. This is the fate of the Sakurazukamori.
 
As he gazed down into his mother's placid face, Seishirou was curious about the truth of her parting words. Can someone so cold and falsely pleasant love another being? She who had bestowed her killing touch upon many, a cold flower drenched in blood? He doubted that he would meet his end through the emotions she had warned him about all the years of his life. It was still hard for him to believe that his mother had fallen partly due to something that was a biological trick of chemicals and sparks.
 
Until he would meet a waif of a boy with wide green eyes and a heart big enough to love the world, along with one as tainted as he. Until he would look into the eyes of a beautiful girl who would touch his face, her life ebbing away under a sky of softly falling white.
 
End