X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled Tooru Shirou Fic ❯ Untitled Tooru Shirou Fic ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Okay. Explanation for this fic: I was bored in my English class and had been reading the fifth manga. I wrote this on account of sudden inspiration. I wrote what I think what Tooru's last day alive may have been like.

Notes:

oO@OoO@Oo = Flashback

~THISISARANDOMBLURB~ = Something said in the past

Enjoy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kamui will be coming home from the store any time now. I have to be ready for this. It hurts me to think that I'll be devastating my son by doing this, but I must. My last day has come.

Preparing myself for this task, my mind drifts to the days when Kamui was younger. Back when we lived in Tokyo. The days before the death of my closest friend, Saya; before the birth of the Shinken.

oO@OoO@Oo

It was Kamui's seventh birthday. Saya and I were in the kitchen of her home, preparing the cake that Saya had baked earlier. It smelled wonderful. Like everything she made.

In the other room, Saya's husband, Kyouga, watched over our children. I could hear my little Kamui laughing with his friends, Saya's own small children, Kotori and Fuuma. Hearing those three laughing together always made me happy.

Saya turned to me and smiled. I smiled back. We finished frosting the cake, then took some ice cream out of the freezer, and took everything out into the other room.

Little Kotori came up to Saya, and started clinging lovingly to her mother's dress. I smiled at the little girl. She looked so much like her mother.

Kamui sat on the sofa, with Fuuma next to him. My son's amethyst eyes shone brightly when he saw Saya and I come in.

oO@OoO@Oo

My thoughts are interrupted as I remember the task at hand. I look up the street. Kamui was not anywhere in sight, so I know he is probably on his way.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

I set fire to our home. Flames surround me as I set up a barrier to keep Kamui from coming in to help me. And just in time. I hear my son calling for me.

I seem him through the barrier I set up. His amethyst eyes are wide in horror. Seeing this reminds me of the first time I told him I was going to die.

~I, too…will die soon…Not just yet, but when you get strong enough to live by yourself…I will die.~

~Mother! I don't WANT you to die!~

"MOTHER!!" my son shouts, trying in vain to get past the barrier.

Fire starts to crawl over my skin. My son, my Kamui, continues to try to get past the barrier.

"Kamui," I say. "Go to Tokyo, Kamui…your destiny…it's waiting…"