X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Today ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: The next couple of chapters are going to be flashbacks. This is slightly AU in that Rogue does not get captured and the mansion doesn't get destroyed. Marvel still owns everything here.
O-o-o-o-O
Remy stretched and bent, trying to get the kinks out of his back and legs. Magneto's floating pinballs always left him feeling like a pretzel. What he wouldn't give for a long, hot bath and a nice Swedish massage; preferably given by a cute little Swedish femme. At Mags' place the best you could hope for is a shower and a glass of bourbon though, and you'd have to provide the bourbon yourself.
He walked into the building and threw his trench coat onto the sofa. Maybe it wouldn't even have to be a Swede; that little X-girl would do nicely too, even if she had to do the job with gloves on. Remy was always up for a little kink. Just the thought of his little glove-wearing lady with the jeweled eyes and the word kink made his pants grow tight again. Merde Remy, you don't know the first thing about this femme and you're practically drooling just at the thought of her. Get a hold of yourself. Not like that you perv.
Files. Didn't Mags have files on all Xavier's kids? Should have read them before hitting the battlefield. In his usual cockiness Remy figured he could handle anything thrown at him. It was only when he saw his adversary's bare hand that he recalled Mags' son Pietro talking about an untouchable mutant at the Institute.
So Chere, let's see who you are.
Remy went to Magneto's office and looked through the files on Xavier's students until he found the one with her picture. He then closeted himself in his room so he could read it privately.
Codename: Rogue:
Real name: Unknown
Age: 17
Hometown: Caldecott, Mississippi
Mutation: Absorbs energy, life force, personality, memory, and mutant power through skin to skin contact. Power is uncontrollable, leaving mutant incapable of touch.
Known family: Guardian: Irene Adler
Mutant was originally a member of the Brotherhood until recruited by Xavier, and does remain on good speaking terms with some Brotherhood members.
Soooo..Chere is a little Southern belle and has a bit of a dark side. Anyone that grew up with Mystique's lover can't be a complete goody-goody, even if she is living with Xavier now. That's okay though, I like that in a girl. Rogue. What an odd name for such a lovely girl. I think I like Chere better though. Remy laid back on his bed and gazed at the picture attached to the file. Rogue was sitting at the top of a cliff, obviously lost in thought and thinking that she was alone because there was a little smile that played on her lips; it made her eyes glow such that they shone through the photo and Remy found himself entrapped almost as he was earlier that day. Alone, he was able to imagine that those eyes shone for him and that he was the cause for that smile. That thought caused the ache in his groin that had never really gone away to increase and he was now able to indulge himself; wearing his softest pair of gloves, since that is the only way that she would ever be able to touch him, he imagined it was her hands stroking him, caressing his length. And it was her name he softly gasped as he came, spilling out over the gloves.
"Chere"
O-o-o-o-O
There were giant robots squishing the city. Big deal.
She and her friends were going to be expelled for being mutants. No great loss there, she hated school anyway.
Rogue had more important things to worry about. She had lost her cool on the battlefield.
In front of a guy.
It didn't matter that you'd probably see this guy's picture if you looked up the word temptation in the dictionary, the Rogue simply did not stand there drooling over bad guys when she was supposed to be laying them out on the ground. But if I was going to drool over any guy, good or bad, it would be him. NO NO NO! The Rogue does NOT drool! But maybe I can sigh a little...
"ARGH!" She starts banging her head against the wall of the Blackbird as they're flying back to the Mansion.
"Is there a problem Rogue?" Scott asked.
"Just that I almost got blown up by this lackey of Magneto's who likes to throw explosive playing cards. Other than that, I'm just fine and dandy. You?"
"Ah, you must mean Gambit," said the Professor, "his mutation is to charge objects with kinetic energy. He's a powerful mutant, you're lucky you got away unharmed, Rogue."
"What do you know about him, Professor?" Rogue asked.
"Not much, other than that he's a professional thief from New Orleans. He has very strong mental shields that don't allow me to read him."
"New Orleans, eh? Heh, swamp rat." With this she turned away from everyone and looked out the window.
Powerful mutant my ass. If he's so powerful why am I still sitting here without a scratch on me. I was holding one of those damn playing cards...that bastard! He was playing with me! That card probably wasn't charged enough to hurt me much, and the way he was leaning in, he was pretending like he was going to kiss me to distract me into taking it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Next time I lay my hands on that low down, sneaky, thieving... Now wait a minute Rogue, before you start setting out the swamp rat traps, ask yourself; who are you more mad at: him for pretending to try to kiss you, or yourself for wanting to be kissed? It's alright to hate the boy; in fact it will probably help you next time you meet him on the battlefield and you find yourself wanting to drool, but be honest to yourself about why you hate him. Wear all the masks you want, lie to whoever else you want, but always be honest to yourself.
It's pretty sad when you lose arguments with yourself. She had to admit that her little inner voice was right. She thought she had gotten good at burying the little urges, the desires to kiss and touch brought on by hormones and puberty, but one look at Gambit and it was like she was taking a crash course in sexual frustration. The words want, crave, and desire had fuller meaning for her now, and frankly she didn't like it one bit. It wasn't like she could walk up to him and say, "Hey, I know we're on opposing sides, but you wanna have sex?" If simply kissing the guy could put him in a coma, intercourse would probably kill him. Though that would be an interesting way of taking him down; Rogue had to choke down the burst of hysterical laughter she had at this thought. Some of the others in the plane looked at her funny, and the Professor raised an eyebrow at her, but Rogue looked the other way and tried to do her best to clear her thoughts of anything to do with swamp rats and horizontal positions.