X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Taunting Repartee ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For anyone reading this, just to let you know, more chapters are posted on Fanfiction.net the address you can find my story at is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4712987/1/Taunting_Repartee

I'll start to update this sight, but if you want to read all 14 chapters of Taunting Repartee, please use the link and enjoy!

By the way, Jess, this all for you! I hope you enjoy it!

Taunting Repartee

Chapter Three

Professor Xavier lowered his hands from Rogue’s face, and rolled over to the window to gaze out into the night sky.

“Professor? Are you okay?” Rogue asked with concern. “You only looked at what happened in the café.”

“I don’t need to witness the rest. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you’d rather I didn’t see it,” he accused not looking at her.

“Just the parts, but I understand if you have to,” she said.

“It is not necessary. I trust you.”

“Thanks, Professor,” she said with a smile.

“You should go eat. We’ve both missed dinner.” She stood up to leave.

“You’re not coming?” she asked.

“No. I need to think for a while.” She nodded as she made her way to the door. She stopped. There was something she wanted to know.

“Did you know he was telepathic?”

“No,” he said bitterly.

“But you knew he could astral project?”

“YES!” he screamed. She tensed. That was the first time he had ever raised his voice to her. He calmed himself. “I apologize, Rogue. Please excuse me.”

“You’re angry at right? For hiding his powers from you?”

“Yes, of cou” She let out a sigh of relief.

“Do you want anything to eat? I could bring it here.”

“No,” he said quickly. “Thank you,” he said slower.

“Can we talk tomorrow?” she asked.

“Yes, ” he said, his voice slightly elevated.

“See you tomorrow. Sorry, Professor,” she said as she rushed out of the room.

“You have nothing to apologize for, Rogue,” he said as the door closed. His words unheard. “I am the one who should be apologizing.”

Rogue walked into the kitchen and made her way over to the refrigerator. She checked inside and found a plate covered in tinfoil. She smiled as she carried the plate over to the microwave. The dish had a post it note labeled ‘Rogue’s do not eat.’ It was in Kitty’s handwriting. She gently removed the note, and put it in her pocket. She then ripped the tinfoil off, and crumbled it up into a little ball. She aimed for the trash can, and threw. She frowned when it hit the floor.

“Drop something?” Scott asked as he walked into the room.

“Just seeing if I could save myself a few feet of walking.” she said as she put the plate in the microwave and set it for two minutes. Scott picked up the ball and put it in the trash can.

“How that?” She smiled.

“Thanks, Scott.” He smiled back.

“How it go with the Professor?” he enquired. She stared at him for a few moments and saw the look of concern on his face.

“Just came from his office, huh?”

“Yeah, he-“

”Doesn’t want to talk to anybody,” she finished.

“Why?” he asked.

“He’s upset about Magneto. He didn’t know he was telepathic.” she answered before he had a chance to ask why again. “The Professor and him used to be friends. good friends,” she explained. “It hurts to learn that someone you cared about, someone you trusted with your life, never felt the same way about you.” The timer on the microwave went off. She turned to take out her food. Scott walked up next to her with a fork in his hand. “Thanks,” she said with a smile. She sat down at the table and started to eat her dinner. Scott sat across from her.

“I’ve never seen him like this. I’m worried,” he said.

“He’ll be okay. He just needs time to heal,” she said in between bites. He sighed.

“I hope you’re right. Just.....How could Magneto hide something like that from the Professor? He wasn’t wearing that helmet all the time was he?” She used chewing to stall as she quickly glanced over a few conversations the Professor and Magneto had in the past.

“No,” she said. “They used to met in public or at Eric’s house to talk. They met at a hospital Eric had made it. He didn’t wear the bucket the whole time, he couldn’t.”

“Then, how?” Scott asked.

“Well, part of it is..,” she said in between bites. “I think...... The Professor doesn’t go into other people’s minds without their permission. Eric never gave him his permission.”

“The Professor never looked?” She consulted the piece of Magneto’s mind she had in her head as she continued eating.

‘If you want to know look through the memories for your-self,’Eric told her.

“Rogue?” Scott asked.

“One minute Scott,” she said as she took another bite. ‘have no time right now, Eric. I can only chew for so long. Just answer the question,’ shedemanded.

well. To my knowledge he never has, but this is Charles we’re referring to. If he did read my thoughts without my permission the last thing he would do is tell me about it.’

‘Could he?’she asked as she took last bite.

‘Earlier in our relationship, yes, but he never did. By the time Charles realized he should have a look I had taken the proper precautions.’

‘Thanks,’ she thought.

'have nothing to thank me for, my dear. This is your mind, after all,' replied. She sighed, as she mentally pushed Magneto to the back of mind with the others. He went willingly.

“No, not once, Scott,” she said as she stood up and went over to the sink. She took off her right glove so she wouldn’t get it wet. “It’s gonna be okay,” she tried to assure him as she rinsed off the plate and fork. “The Professor’s strong. He’s survived a lot worse. We all have,” she said as she put them both in the dishwasher.

“I know but...”

“But nothing,” she said as she sat back down opposite him. “The Professor is a big boy. Besides, he’s more worried about protecting us, than himself.”

“What do you mean?”

“He doesn’t like putting us in danger,”

“But, we fight all the time.”

“Yeah, the Brotherhood. How injured can we get fighting those boys? And the rest of it is in the danger room. A highly controlled situation with an off switch. Magneto’s the most serious threat we’ve gone up against. Look, the Professor and I are gonna talk tomorrow and, we’re gonna keep talking about painful issues. Magneto was able to get ya all to leave me at the school. Thankfully, it only so he could talk to me some more. But, what if he made us leave someone behind in the future, when we’re at his base? We need to be able to defend against him. So, yeah, the Professor’s not gonna be the best mood for the next few days. Maybe the next few weeks. But, we have keep talking about it. We have no choice," she sighed. "I know you have questions, Scott. Probably a lot more after listening to me, but he needs tonight to clear his head. So, wait till tomorrow, okay?”

“Until you're done speaking to him?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“If you don’t mind. Something tells me as more of us find out about this the line gonna get longer and longer. Can you keep this between us for now?”

“Rogue, I don’t like keeping secrets.”

“You think I do?”

“Well, yeah a little. I mean, your real name-”

“Anna Marie Creed,” she said interrupting him.

“Yeah...” he stopped surprised that she had told him. Rogue smiled up at him.

“Do you realize that’s the first time you’ve ever asked me about it? I know ya all wonder, but none of you have ever said anything to me. I'm just not the kind of person to start talking about myself out of nowhere. I need an opening or something.”

“Rogue I..,” he started to say with regret clearly showing on his face.

“I know I come off as the type that would bite your head off for a wrong comment. So, I get why no one’s asked, but now you are. Go ahead. Ask any question you want. I’ll answer it.”

“I...you can ask me questions too. We can really get to know one another.” he stopped. “Not that we don’t know each other now. Just... we can find out about each others lives before we moved to Bayville.”

‘DAMMIT.' sighed. ƾlax girl, you know this would come up eventually. Just tell him slowly, and he shouldn’t get too upset about it,’ thought. “Scott, you know that when I absorb someone I get more than just their power, right?” she asked.

“Yeah.” he said confused. “I know how your powers work,” he assured her.

‘Apparently not.’she thought in annoyance. “When I absorb someone I get that person’s memories and feelings. I get everything that makes that person who they are up to the moment I absorb them. It’s like I have a copy of them in me head that doesn’t go away. When I absorb a person again it’s like getting an update. The fragments merge together, and I know even more. I try not to look, but the person’s memories are like my memories. They feel like they’re my memories. Sometimes they sneak up on me, in nightmares. When I wake up I have to remind myself that whatever I dreamed about never happened to me, no matter how real it felt.” she said as the memory of Scott’s plane crash replayed in her mind. She pushed the memory away as fast as she could. She looked up at him. “I’ve absorbed you twice, Scott. I don’t need to ask you questions about your past. I already know it.” She turned her gaze away from his. “Sorry.”

“Rogue, you have nothing to be sorry about.”

“I.....Really?”she asked surprised.

“Of course, you can’t help how your powers work. You’ve never gotten mad at me for wearing sunglasses.”

“Course not,” she said with a laugh.

“We don’t get mad at Storm when it rains, or Kurt when he sheds,” he said with a smile. She laughed. “Your powers are your powers. I can’t be mad at you because of them. Why did you think I would be?” he asked.

“The fragment of you in my head was. More at him-self than me.”

“Him-self?”

“It’s not really you anymore. I mean it has your memories and all, but only since I absorbed you.. It only knows what happen to you in the last year because I do. Cody’s pretty much given up thinking.”

“The kid you absorbed when you first got your powers?” he asked. She nodded.

“He misses living. I feel bad for the kid. Sabertooth likes messing with him. Showing Cody his memories. Scaring the crap out of him.” she sighed as she explained the war inside her head.

“Can you make him stop?”

“I can't. He won’t listen to his fifth-teen year old daughter. He ‘don’t take orders from a kid.’”she quoted as she rolled her eyes.

“Wait? Sabertooth’s your father?”

“Foster father. His real names Victor Creed. Him and Raven adopted me when I was four. I only lived with him for six years, and he was never really involved in my life. It was more Raven’s idea that they adopt me. After they finished rasing my brother, Graydon, they got divorced and I was shipped to Irene’s house in Mississippi. I don’t talk to Victor anymore. Not since he tried to kidnap me.” she huffed. “I haven’t called him dad in years. I wouldn’t call him my father.”

“I’m sorry.”

“What for? You weren’t a terrible dad.”

“I...hmm.” She smiled.

“I know what you meant, thanks.” He smiled back.

“So, you have a brother?”

“I have two. Graydon’s twenty four now. His working in Washington D.C. He wants to be a politician. Change the world, make it a better place us. He’s kind of the black sheep of the family, cause he’s human.” She saw the look of surprise on his face. “Biases works both ways, you know. You’re used to hearing about human parents freak out about their mutant kids. Imagine two mutants have a human child.”

“Rogue, we’re all human.”

“I know that. But what else am I suppose to say to separate the two. The only other word I can think of is normal, which would imply that we’re abnormal. We’re not!” she insisted. “There just ain’t enough of us yet to set a precedent.”

“So, what you’re other brother like?” he asked changing the subject. She smiled.

“You already know Kurt.”

“Kurt? Kurt is your brother?.........Raven?.....Raven Darkholme?” he asked. She nodded.

“One big estranged mutant family."

“Does Kurt know?”

“Not yet. He was so freaked out about Raven. I didn’t want to bombard him with too many new family members at once. I’ve been trying to get Graydon to come to Bayville to meet him, but he’s so busy these days. He keeps saying he can’t leave Washington. He has too much work to meet his little brother.”

“Why don’t you tell him he has a sister?”

“I already treat him like a little brother. I know he’ll be happy about it, but,” she sighed. “Something’s holding me back. I don’t know what it is.”

“Is it because of the Kurt in your head? That’s why you didn’t want to tell me about your powers because you thought I would be mad.”

“That was it for you.” She took a minute to think. Scott stayed silent giving her the time she needed. “Kurt’s fragment was freaked out about everything in my head too. He couldn’t handle Sabertooth. No one could handle Sabertooth.” she sighed. “I’m glad I absorbed Eric.”

“Why?”

“After I absorbed him he wasn’t angry like everyone else. He doesn’t resent me for taking him away from himself. He said that my powers are a gift. That he's apart of me now, not Magneto. He always says that the other fragments are too. That the don't belong to who-ever I absorbed them from any more....... He.......He doesn't work against me like they do. He doesn’t yell at me for looking though his memories, he it. He was actually happy when I told the Professor and Logan where his base was. Not because he was gonna be near himself again, but because I was applying his knowledge like it was my own. After I absorbed him my head got quite. I could actually think again. Everyone’s scared of him. So, when he told them all to shut up, they did. Even Victor. I don’t how much longer I could have took all the screaming.

"There was screaming?" he asked concerned.

"Before Eric, all the time. None of them were happy about being in my head. Cody was loud at first. He would ask so many questions." She laughed. "The fragments of you and Kurt were always trying to explain things to him. It just freaked him out more. The yelling was at it's worst when we found out Mystique was Kurt's mom. Sabertooth would not upHe keep screaming and screaming at Raven 'Is he my son or not? I deserve to know.'" She rolled her eyes. "They weren't even on the same continent when Kurt was born."

"Do you know who Kurt's father is?"

"No. Mystique doesn't know who Kurt father is."

"How could she not know?"

"It's complicated.”

“How?”

“I really don’t want to go into it. Can’t help anyone if we do.”

“But Kurt..”

“Has had a hard enough time dealing with Raven as it is. Knowing about his birth mother, all it’s ever done is hurt him. He doesn’t need to know about the five or six people who might be his father.”

“Is that really your choice to make?”

“The Professor’s never told him about what Logan found in Germany.”

“Yeah, but,” he stopped. “Wait...You weren’t there. How do you know about that?”

“Jean’s fragment. So, I’m not the only one who thinks it’s best that he doesn’t know everything right now.”

“But...”

“I know. People shouldn’t keep secrets from each other. Kurt should know everything we do. But he’s so sweet, and young, and innocent. He doesn’t need to find out how bad the world really is yet. At least not for a few more years. Till he can handle it better. And I think Logan and the Professor agree. Or else they would have told him about what they thought Magneto did to him.”

“Thought?”

“Eric never did anything to Kurt when he was a baby. Raven was in labor for ten hours. After she gave birth to Kurt she passed out from the pain. Mystique didn’t turn blue until she was thirteen. Mutates were rare back then. No one knew that we could be born with parts of our mutation,” she said as she pulled softly on piece of her white hair. “Mystique woke up the next day and stumbled around the room until she found Kurt in a crib. She took one look at him and she thought something was wrong. She thought what the Professor did. That Magneto had altered him somehow. So, she tried to run away, and get her baby to safety. You know the rest of it.”

“You’re sure he didn’t do anything to him?”

“I’ve got those memories from both their points of view. Eric spent hours by Raven’s side helping her give birth, and when she was asleep he took care of Kurt.”

“Does Mystique know that?”

“Yeah, she went back to the castle after she made sure Kurt was alright. Her and Eric yelled at each other for a few hours, but it all came out.”

“I don’t get it. If she knew Kurt wasn’t in danger then why did she leave him with the Wagners?”

“She watched how they interacted with him for a while, before she went back to the castle. They took Kurt in as their own within minutes of finding him. Graydon was only eight then and he had spent most of his life with Irene instead of his mother. Raven didn’t think she could be as good of a parent as them. She was right of course. Kurt had a great childhood. That was the best thing she ever did for him.” Scott took a deep breath.

“Wow. Maybe you should tell Kurt all that. He might not feel so abandoned.”

“I was thinking about it, but....if I told him one part of it I would have to tell him everything. I don’t think he’s ready to hear it. He’s finally okay with what he knows about Mystique. Discovering the rest of it, right now, might hurt him. I don’t want to hurt him.”

“I still don’t think that’s your choice to make.”

“Neither Magneto or Mystique are stopping by anytime soon for a heart to heart. I’m the only one in a position to tell him anything.”

“Maybe you should ask the Professor about all this," he said..

"I plan to, but not this month. He’s got a lot to deal with right now. With Magneto and everything.” Scott nodded.

“What’s going on between you and him? You told us the ‘short verison’, but no details.”

“I know. I was still angry at ya all then. I thought you had forgotten me. Now, I know better. I already told you I went to go meet him yesterday.”

“Yeah, why? You how dangerous he is.”

“I do. It’s just, the fragment in my head, he so nice and polite and helpful. The letter I got from him, it said to met him if I wanted help with my powers. I knew the he was gonna want something in return. I just hoped that I could say no and leave, but maybe learn something I didn’t from the conversation. I was caught off guard by a tactic he used.”

“What tactic?”

“He tried to seduce me.”

“What?” Scott exclaimed horrified. “But...... he’s so old”he said.She laughed.

“Old age doesn’t stop people from having sex, Scott.”

“I know that.”

“It defiantly didn’t stop him from trying, and he’s not that old. His body’s not that old.”

“You think he attractive?” he asked in disbelief.

“NO! Of course not,” she said quickly.

His other hand found hers. He took off her glove. Their fingers intertwined. He flashed

her a knowing smile.

"Do you want to leave?" She weakly shook her head no. "Whatever could be the reason?" He looked down at their hands. He rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand. She sucked in a breath.

She blushed as she tried to push the memory back. “Maybe a little,” she said.

"You don't want this feeling to end?" He gazed into the eyes again. "Do you?"

"No," she said quietly as she stared into his eyes. Unable to look anywhere else

“Maybe more than a little,” she said.

"It does not have to. You, and I can enjoy countless moments just like this one."

“Rogue?” Scott said calling for her attention. It drew her out of her memories.

“Okay, YES! I’m attracted to him,” she admitted. “I mean, that’s what you would expect out of this situation, right?” she asked quickly. “Eric’s the first man to ever look at me like that. He was my first kiss.”

“He let you absorb him again?”

“No,” she laughed. “Counot. I already know too much about him. He can touch me without my powers going off.”

“How?” he asked.

“I...” She paused. “You know? I never thought to ask,” she said with a laugh. “How could I have not?” she asked herself.

“How do you think he did it?” Scott asked.

“If I had to guess......I don’t know....Maybe some kind of magnetic shield or some kind of device that could block my powers........ Huh”

“What?”

“Maybe he’s never actually touched me. Just made me think he has.” She glanced up to see the look of pure horror on Scott’s face. “I’m sure that’s not it. It’s not like him to be cheap that way,” she tried to assure him.‘I think....’

“What else happened?” he asked trying to get away from that subject.

“Wellwe talked for a while. He kept pointing out reasons why I should join him. This afternoon half his argument was that I should join him because ya all had forgotten me. When that bastard’s the one who made it happen to begin with. Just like he did with Warren.”

“The Angel?” She nodded.

“You remember how he knocked that little girl into the water.”

“It was an accident.”

“Noit wasn’t. Magneto was there on the bridge. He used his powers to tie a pole around Warren leg causing him to trip, and knock her in the water. Then after he saved her, Magneto made the first comment about how Warren had pushed her into the water himself. Eric turned those people on the bridge against him.”

“And then tried to use that argument to recruit him,” Scott finished.

“Exactly.”

“That horrible.”

“I know.” She glanced up the clock and saw that it was 9:36. “Scott do you mind if we talk about this more tomorrow. It’s getting kind of late.”

“It’s only 9:30."

“We’re been up since six this morning. It’s been a long day for me.”

“For me too, Anna.”

“Shut up.” They both laughed as they stood up ans started to walk out of the room.

“What? You don’t like your first name? What wrong with it?”

“Nothing,” she said as they climbed the stairs. “It’s a good name. I just like Rogue better. It suits me more. I mean which sounds more like me?” she asked as they got to her room.

“I think that both Rogue and Anna Marie sound good.” Mid way through Scott’s comment Kurt teleported in front of them with a bowl half way full with popcorn.

“Who’s Anna Maire?” he asked with his mouthful of popcorn. Half way through his sentence Kitty phased through the door.

“Rogue, duh,” Kitty said. Rogue raised an eyebrow. “It was, like, on your report card,”she explained. “But you like Rogue better, right?”

“Yeah,” she said with a smile.

“What wrong with Anna Marie?” Kurt asked. “It is a beautiful name.”

“Nothing’s wrong with it!” Rogue yelled. Kurt winced. “I already had this conversation.”

“Wow,” Scott said quietly. “You really do treat him like a little brother.” Rogue gave him a deadly glare. He only smiled back at her.

“Oh my God!” Kitty started. “Are you, like, finally going to tell him?” Kitty asked.

“Tell who what?” Kurt asked.

“No, I’m not telling him.” Rogue said.

“Why not?” Scott asked.

“I don’t know.” Rogue exclaimed.

“She not ready to yet. It’s, like, to much responsibly.” Kitty said. “She doesn’t want to do anything wrong.”

“Oh..” Scott said while shaking his head in understanding.

“Do what wrong?” Kurt asked.

“Nothing, Kurt.” Kitty said with a smile. “Don’t worry about it.”

“But..”

“You’ll know when the time is right. Trust me?” Kitty asked with a smile

“Yeah.” he said with a smile.

“Good. Let’s go watch a movie!” Kitty said with a grin.

“Do either of you want to watch?” Kurt asked.

“What movie?” Rogue asked.

“We don’t know yet.”said Kitty.

“How about ‘A Few Good Men?’ I’ve been having the urge to watch it since yesterday,” Rogue said.

“I, like, love Tom Cruise movies.”

“So, that’s a yes?” Rogue asked. Kitty nodded.

“I thought you wanted to go to sleep?” Scott asked.

“I do, but I would rather relax and watch a movie with ya all than go to bed. Tomorrow’s Saturday. I’ll just sleep in.” Jean walked into the hallway.

“What’s going on?” Jean asked.

“We’re going to watch a movie. Do you, like, want to join us?” Kitty asked.

“What movie?” She asked.

“‘A Few Good Men.’” Rogue answered.

“How come you only get mad at me when you have to answer the same question twice?” Kurt asked. Rogue walked up to Kurt and put her arm around his shoulder.

“Cause you’re special,” she said as they started to walk together.

“Special in a good way or a bad way?” They stopped walking. She turned to stand in front of Kurt.

“In a good way, a very good way. You’re....” She looked behind Kurt to see Kitty giving her two thumbs up, and Scott nodding his head telling her to go on. Jean was looking at the two of them confused. Not really sure what was going on.”You’re.........you’re like a little brother to me.” Behind Kurt, Kitty was jumping up and down with the biggest grin on her face. Scott and Jean were staring at each other. From the looks of it they were talking telepathically.

“Really?” Kurt asked. She nodded “Then, you’re like a big sister to me.” She smiled.

“Come on, lets’s go make some more popcorn for the movie,” Rogue said. “We’ll meet ya all in the common room,” she said as she grabbed Kurt’s hand and he teleported them into the kitchen. A grin spread across Kurt face as he put the popcorn on the table.

“Hmm?” He took out the box of popcorn.

“What?” Rogue asked as she grabbed a bag of popcorn from the box.

“Don’t little brothers get to annoy their big sisters?” he asked. She took the plastic off of the bag and put it in the microwave.

“Yeah, all the time,” she said as she set the timer, and pushed start. She threw away the plastic from the popcorn and turned to look at him. “But,”

“But what?” Kurt asked. She smirked.

“But, big sisters they get totorturetheir little brothers,”

“They do not!”

“It true,” she teased. “You want proof? Ask my older brother. He used to do all kinds of crazy things to me when we were kids. Which is good for me cause now I got all these ideas for pranks floating around my head. I’ve been itching to try them out on someone, and now I got me little brother to pick on,” she could see the sweat forming on his forehead. She laughed. “Relax, Kurt. I’m just teasing you.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.” Kurt let out a sigh of relief. Kitty walked into the kitchen holding the phone. A look of dread was on her face.

“Kitty what’s wrong?” Kurt asked.

“Rogue, you have a phone call,” Kitty said as she slowly handed the phone to her. Rogue took a deep breath as she put the phone to her ear.

“Eric?” Rogue asked.

“Indeed.” She could practically hear the smirk on his face. “Hello, Anna.” Magneto said.

“Haven’t we talked enough for one day?” she asked annoyed.

“Perhaps,” he replied simply. She sighed.

“What do you want, bucket head?” He chuckled at the nickname.

“You already know what I want from you, my girl.” She rolled her eyes.

“What do you want right now? Why are you calling me?”

“Do I have to have a reason?” he asked casually.

“I’m not in mood for this,” she informed him annoyed.

“You were earlier.”

“Well, things change.”

“Since this afternoon?” he asked.

“You of all people should know how much a conversation or two can change a person’s life.”

“Yes, I should, and I do.” She heard him sigh into the phone. “So, our last conversation backfired. Causing you to form stronger relationships with your family, instead of weakening the ties that bind you to that house as had I intended. A shame.”

“A shame?” she screamed into the phone. She pressed the power button, hanging up on him. Ten seconds later the phone rang again. “WHAT?”

“Hmm...I’m Amy.....Jubilee’s friend,” she said softy with fear in her voice. “She told me to call her back in fifteen minutes, so Rogue could talk to her uncle.”

“Amy. I’m Rogue,” she said calmly. “I was having an argument with him, and I hung up. I thought it was him calling back. Sorry, I yelled at you. I’m going to find Jubilee now.”

“Rogue, I’ll take it,” Kurt said. “It’ll be faster.” She nodded as she gave the phone to Kurt.

“She said she was going to the common room.” Kitty told him.

“Got it,” he said as he teleported out of the room. Rogue opened the microwave and took out the bag of popcorn.

“Rogue, are you okay?” Kitty asked.

“It has been too long a day,” she said as she got the bowl.

“Rogue?” Kitty asked as Rogue was opening the popcorn bag and poring it into the bowl.

“I was good mood and he ruined it. That’s all it is. I’ll be fine,” she said as she turned around to leave the kitchen. “Are you okay?” Kitty nodded.

“I’m just worried about you. How long to you think Magneto’s going to try and recruit you?”

“I don’t know Kitty. He a persistent man. I’m just gonna have to keep saying no to him. Maybe one day he’s take the ” she said with a smile. “But, it’s over for tonight. Let’s go enjoy the movie, and forget about Magneto for a few hours.”

“Okay,” Kitty said with small smile.

And I’m done for today!!!!!!! YEAH!!!! Thank you for reading, and please review.

Hey, I had an idea. Sometimes I'm little vague on things. So, if you guys have any questions about what's going on, or you want to know more details about something I said once, or about something that happened in the past, everything really, ask in a review. And I'll see if I can work answering your questions in to the story. If not I'll try to answer them in the part where I'm thanking you all for being awesome!