X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ "Candy" ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Logan watched as the kids came up behind her and Logan sighed as he saw Candy walking in her slow motion with her arms still wrapped around herself.
 
“We need to get them some shoes and then haircuts and then were done.” Storm told him as she looked at her watch.
 
“Talked to the Proff, he's gonna send cyke to pick us up tomorrow.” Logan explained.
 
“Great, so we can go back and get some sleep, I like the sound of that.” Storm replied.
 
“Ok, so let's go. There was this shoe department over by where I took Candy to get her clothes, let's just go there.” Storm said as she walked out of the store.
 
The trip to the shoe store was a rather quick one, all the kids got a pair of tennis shoes and another pair of their choice, and after that was taken care of they made their way over to the hair department.
 
“Ok, you guys take a seat over there and I'll sign you in.” Storm said.
 
Logan walked over to the chairs and took a seat, then had the kids sit next to him. Cameron started looking through the bag of toys and Collin soon joined him.
 
Candy was just looking around the room, there were ladies on the other side of the room cutting hair and styling hair.
 
“Alright, their next.” Storm said as she took a seat next to Logan.
 
“Candy you ok?” Storm asked when she saw the expression on Candy's face.
 
“My stomach hurts.” She said and then leaned forward slightly.
 
“Are you hungry?” Storm asked her gently
 
“No” she said and then moved to where she was leaning her arm on the arm rest and held her head in her hand.
 
“Cameron and Collin.” Both boy's looked up when they heard their names called, there was a short little lady standing with the clip board in her hands.
 
“Eaww, twins,” she said with a smile.
 
“Yer quick” Cameron said, Candy looked over to him just in time to see Logan nudge him.
 
“Well, let's go. Wash and a trim?” the woman asked looking at Storm.
 
“Yes” Storm said a little embarrassedly, she couldn't believe the boy just said that, even though the woman didn't hear them the couple sitting next to Cameron heard him and it was embarrassing.
 
The boy's looked at Logan and Storm and after a nod from Storm followed the lady to the back.
 
“Ok so which one is Cameron and which one is Collin?” the woman asked as she set the clipboard down. The woman looked at their attire; they looked like they had just been drug out of a garbage can.
 
“I'm Cameron” Cameron said and scuffed his shoe.
 
“Ok, your in this chair, Denise will do your wash, so climb up on here for me, Collin you will be in this chair” the woman said as she pointed to the chair that was next to his brothers.
 
Cameron crawled up onto the chair and then allowed the woman to put a small towel behind his head and then he leaned back into the neck cup of the sink.
 
A woman with blonde hair and wearing a white water resistant coat came up to Cameron, and looked at him, “Why aren't you a cutie?” she stated.
\
Cameron only looked at her and then leaned his head back. The woman turned the water on and began to soak the boy's hair. The woman watched as the water began to turn brown as it left his head.
 
“You boy's must have been playing rough”, the lady said as she ran her hands through the thick tangled mass.
 
Collin already had soap in his hair and the woman was massaging his scalp.
 
“Were going to need a lot of conditioner for these two, it's the only way we'll be able to workout the knots.” The lady they had met first, who was also working on Collin's head said.
 
“Oh yeah.” Replied the other woman.
 
After the boys had their hair washed a few times and then sat through five minutes of letting conditioner saturate their hair, they were rinsed and then sent to two spinning chairs that were across from one another.
 
Cameron jumped in the chair and began spinning himself. Collin slowly climbed up in his chair and sat down. The woman who washed Cameron's hair came over and grabbed the chair.
 
“Please don't do that” the woman said a little agitatedly, Cameron looked at her and then sneered.
 
Collin looked at his brother and then back into the mirror, his hair looked tangled but smelled really sweet, the fumes from the shampoo and the conditioner were strange to his nostrils, he couldn't remember the last time his hair had smelled so sweet, he ran his dirty fingers through it and felt at how soft it was, he didn't take his eyes away from the mirror and watched himself very closely.
 
“What's wrong with you?” Cameron asked spinning around real fast.
 
Collin startled spun his head to look at him, but before he could say a word a woman stepped up behind him and started to pump his chair up, to rise it higher.
 
“Ok boys, so what's it gonna be, a cut a trim?” she started rambling on.
 
“I like my hair!” Cameron said angrily
 
“Ok so a trim, just enough to get the tangles out. I will tell you what, I have never seen any boys with your length hair have so many tangles and knots.” She said as she used her comb and began to gently comb Collin's hair.
 
Another woman came up behind Cameron and began to pump up his chair, Cameron hadn't noticed her and so it scared him, “Hey!”
 
“Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” She said sweetly.
 
“You didn't scare me!” he said loudly.
 
“Alright, may I put this around your neck?” she asked.
 
“No, I can do it.” Cameron said as he snatched it from her and then put it on, he leaned back into the chair and then looked at himself in the mirror.
 
The girl looked over at the other woman with a ` are you kidding me' expression. The other woman twitched her eye brows and as she was cutting Collins hair said, “ a trim”.
 
The girl nodded and then got to work.
 
 
“Candy Herkins”, Candy looked up and saw a little old lady well she wasn't really old probably in her early sixties. Candy just looked at her but didn't stand.
 
Storm looked at her and then at the woman, “Here she is”. Storm said as she stood and then pulled Candy up gently with her.
 
The woman looked her over, her hair was atrocious, ratty and knotted and her clothes were dis-shelved and dirty.The lady just looked at her for a moment and then said, “A cut?”
 
Storm smiled and then said, “No a um, serious wash and trim to her liking please.”
 
“I can do that, come on back here with me sweetie.” The woman said and held out her hand to Candy who still had hers crossed over her stomach. Candy looked at her and then walked past her, and up the step.
 
The woman straightened and looked at Storm.
 
“She doesn't feel to well.” Storm said sweetly. The woman snorted and then turned and followed after Candy.
 
Storm turned and looked at Logan who had the newspaper opened in front of him but was watching the entire scene and now looking at her.
 
Storm sighed and looked to her side when they both heard, “Hey, That's my sister!! Where's she going?!” and the speaker sounded non to happy.
 
Storms head snapped towards the sound of the voice and Logan just as fast had dropped the paper and was on his feet, Logan rounded the corner, Storm right behind him to a view of Cameron grabbing the old lady's arm. Candy was just watching them.
 
The woman had scratches down her arm and was pulling away from the angry child.
 
“Cameron let go of her!!” Storm demanded. Cameron only looked at her, Logan thundered over there and in one fail swoop had Cameron tucked under one arm, and started making his way back to where they were sitting.
 
Cameron was beating and clawing at Logan's arm, “Put me down, put me down!!” was all he was saying.
 
“Hey, put him down!” demanded Collin as he watched Logan walk out of view with the boy.
 
“Collin hush” Storm demanded, this was quickly becoming out of control.
 
Storm looked to the lady that Cameron had just been holding onto. “Mam I am so sorry..”
 
“If that were my son, he'd get a good belting.” The woman stated harshly.
 
Candy's head jerked to look at the woman and then all of a sudden the woman simply tripped over onto her side.
 
Both the ladies who were working on the boy's hair rushed over to help her. Storm looked at her and then at Candy and noticed the look in her eyes of what could only be satisfaction.
 
Candy looked back at Storm no expression on her face and then turned and walked back around the corner where the sinks were.
 
“I don't know what happened, it felt like my feet were just pulled out from under me.” The woman said as she was helped up. Her elbow was bleeding but there was nothing to un-fixable.
 
“Are you alright mam?” storm asked as she made her way over to the woman.
 
“Yes, thanks.” The woman said and then turned on her heel and walked around the corner.
 
Storm turned around and saw Collin looking at her, “Let them finish with you.” She said and then went after Logan.
 
 
Logan rounded the corner back to where their belongings were, Cameron still yelling, Logan put him down but kept a tight grip on the boy's shoulders so he wouldn't bolt.
 
Logan turned him around to face him and said, “What the hell is yer problem boy?”
 
Cameron looked at him and then demanded, “Where's my sister, where is she taking her?!”
 
“To get her hair washed, the same shit they just did to you.” Logan said with a light shake.
 
Storm stepped down off the stair and walked straight over to Cameron, she grabbed him from Logan turned him around and smacked his posterior twice and hard enough to make the boy try to block any other smacks that might fall on his butt.
 
“That hurt!” he said angrily, and he looked like he wanted to cry but there were no tears in his eyes.
 
“It was meant to, don't you ever pull anything like that again. Nothing is going to happen to your sister, you can't attack everyone she comes in contact with.” Storm said as she took a seat but held onto the boy so that she could finish speaking with him.
 
“You don't know anything, let me go!!” he demanded, Storm jerked him up closer to her face and said, “Stop it”.
 
At this time Logan intervened “Alright enough. You'd best knock it off buddy, yer gonna go up there and finish lettin them cut yer hair, got it?” Logan asked.
 
Cameron was in a stare down with Storm and then was shook, “I said do you git me?” Logan asked again more firmly.
 
“Yes” came the aggravated reply.
 
“Good, then let's go.” Logan said as he started to walk and pulled the boy with him.
 
Storm leaned back and put a hand to her head. Not 24 hours had she known the boy and she had already popped him, `We might be dealing with another Bobby' she thought. So many things were running through her mind she didn't notice when Logan came back and sat beside her.
 
“Good job” is all he said before opening his paper.
 
Storm just looked at him and then said, “Your kidding me right, Logan I had no right in popping him.” She said as she turned to face him more.
 
“If you didn't, I was gonna, so it works out either way. You just beat me to the punch.” Logan said as he turned a page of the paper.
 
“Logan he was scared for her, we don't even know the whole situation. Of everything that they have been through and I just lit into him.” She said.
 
“The boy was fighting an old woman., he's not gonna run around like some little punk for the rest of his life, and Ro' that's what we're signed up to teach him.” Logan said looking at her.