X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Absence ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hi. Thanks for the reviews. And I hope you guys like this next chapter. Please R&R!

 

Disclaimer: I don't own X-men Evolution.

 

Chapter 2:

 

"Evan come over here and have something to eat," Callisto called to him.

 

Evan was sitting down against a wall, on top of his make shift sleeping bag, deep in thought.

 

It had been about two weeks since he left the X-men and he was just starting to get used to living with the Morlocks, down in an old abandoned subway tunnel and not the sewers like he had previously thought.

 

"Evan," Callisto called again.

 

In the first couple of days he started to get to know all of the Morlocks. And he liked them all despite some of their appearances. They were his friends.

 

But he couldn't help missing his other friends, the X-men.

 

"Evan what's wrong?" Callisto asked him, now sitting down next to him.

 

He looked at her and then quickly looked away.

 

"You miss them don't you," she said, knowingly.

 

"Yeah," he said dejectedly.

 

"You know, you can go visit them if you want. No one said you have to stay here 24-7," she told him.

 

"Yeah I know," he replied.

 

"Come eat something, it will make you feel better," she offered.

 

"I think I'm just going to go for a walk," he told her.

 

"Ok," she replied.

 

They both stood up and walked in opposite directions.

 

Evan decided to stay down in the sewers for his walk. It wasn't the most scenic route to take but he really didn't want to go up top and have people stare at him. At least down here he'd be able to think with no interruptions.

 

Since the day he had left the X-men, he had been waking up each day with a couple of new bone plates and spikes sticking out of him that he could not pull back in.

 

It was starting to depress him. He kept thinking that with each passing day he was getting swallowed up by his mutation little by little. Until, he thought, there'd be nothing left of him accept a big bone statue.

 

"Seriously," he thought, "When are these things going to stop popping out?"

 

So far he had two spikes coming out of his cheeks and his arms were covered with them and his back was starting to accumulate them as well.

 

They just wouldn't retract. Not that he didn't try, though. Each day he sat for at least an hour concentrating as hard as he could to pull them in. But he hadn't made any progress at all.

 

Now he knew how Rogue felt, not being able to control her power. Because he couldn't either. And it was frustrating and depressing all at the same time.

 

"Rogue," he thought.

 

It was funny, ever since he left the mansion, he had thought a lot about his friends. And surprisingly his thoughts kept wandering to Rogue.

 

Sure, they had been friends but not the best of friends and not really close either. But for the past week he had began to wander what she had been up to lately.

 

Truthfully, he missed her. He missed her a lot. Sure, they hadn't spent a lot of time together, but every moment they did share was memorable. Evan didn't forget a single one.

 

He remembered one of the last encounters they had together. Some losers at school were bullying him and he had lost his temper and let his spikes out. When he couldn't retract them Rogue had told him to concentrate and he'd be able to do it. And he did.

 

"I bet if she told me to do anything at all, I'd be able to do it," Evan thought.

 

Evan knew that if anyone was to accept him for what he looked like it would be Rogue. He knew she didn't care about appearances. She would definitely accept him.

 

"She's great that way," he said out loud.

 

"Aww man, I miss them so much," he said.

 

"I miss her. I need to go see them. I need to see Rogue, see if she's doing ok," he thought.

 

But with every thought of Rogue, he became more confused. He didn't know why he missed her so much.

 

Maybe it was because every moment he had spent with her was significant to him. Though they were few, they weren't forgettable and he definitely had been remembering them the past couple of days.

 

Evan turned a corner and he realized that he just wanted to see her face or hear her voice.

 

"Evan!"

 

"Man now I'm starting to hear things," he said out loud, shaking himself from his dazed state.

 

"Evan!" the voice called again, "Hey Porcupine!"

 

"Rogue?" he thought. Well he wasn't hearing things that's for sure, only two people called him that and unless Logan had had a sex change then that was definitely Rogue's voice.

 

He turned another corner and saw her. She was struggling coming down a ladder because her hands seemed to be full with two items.

 

He noticed what she was carrying and thought to himself, "What an angel."

 

~+~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~~~~~~+~~~~~~ ~

 

Well I hope you guys liked it. I'll try to update really soon!

 

Next up: Evan and Rogue talk.

 

Please R&R!