X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Renegade Romances ❯ Confinement ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Renegade Romances
Chapter Three: Confinement
 
Day three of confinement, and Rogue was banned any phone privileges, since it had begun to ring every three minutes, and she always managed to answer it.
 
---
 
Day four: it stopped ringing.
 
---
 
Day Six: Rogue woke up to found her windows locked shut, and an escort waiting to take her to school.
 
---
 
Day Eight: Rogue came home soaking wet, a smug smile on her face. She mentioned something about evading capture. It was only understood when Kitty came home five minutes later, mumbling something about killing Rogue, and it wasn't `evading capture' if she came right back to the place she was supposed to be.
 
---
 
Day Ten: Rogue was told she should be happy the sprinklers went off and not the alarm system. She answered she'd rather be a smoky pile of ash than soaking wet. Another month was added to her sentence.
 
---
 
Day 28: Rogue waited until everyone went to the concert she was grounded from to sneak out. Storm caught her and brought her back in, saying if she was lucky she might see daylight again before she graduated.
 
I'm not very lucky, Rogue answered.
 
---
 
Day 42: School was out, and Rogue was stuck in her room for all hours of the day. She learned that work outs with Logan weren't so bad when you were too asleep to feel pain anyway.
 
---
 
Day Something-or-Other: Rogue realized that the summer wasn't all it was cracked up to be, and the beach is the perfect chance to get a limited amnesty for her crimes. It wasn't so bad, even in the layers she was still forced to wear.
 
---
 
Day Losing-Count: No one really noticed that Rogue wasn't in her bed that night at the beach, or that she came back around one in the morning. They fell asleep at two, and smiled to each other, because they were happy she hadn't tried anything.
 
---
 
Day Two-Months-to-Go: Rogue was back in school, and she found that lunch was the best time to sneak off campus. After a week of doing this, Kitty began going with her. Then Kurt joined. They never really figured out where her original destination was, but the new one was just as good.
 
---
 
Day Before the Day of Freedom: Rogue did a dance in her pajamas, which Kurt taped, and held it as blackmail. She threatened him with a nail file. Bobby and Multiple almost got both tapes on the internet before Kitty was paid to walk through them and “accidentally” ruin it.
 
---
 
Day Before Freedom: Rogue was at school on time, turned in all her homework, sat through all her classes perfectly attentive, and came home, finishing all her homework before dinner. At midnight, after Kitty had fallen fast asleep, she snuck out to celebrate no longer being confined.