Xiaolin Showdown Fan Fiction ❯ Out of the Shadows ❯ Divorces ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Out of the Shadows
 
By HeavenSentTenshi
 
Chapter 2: Divorces
 
The sun had now begun to sink over the horizon. A warm glow washed Sauda's room in orange now as she sat on her bed. Her mind was completely blank; there wasn't one thought that could be found there. She stared at her opposite wall, her eyes empty of any emotion. The last thing she'd thought before going into this serene emptiness was “I was right… today wasn't going to be like any normal day….” The only thing that could be heard from her now was her soft breathing. She almost seemed to be in a meditative state.
 
Sauda's father, Lukas, was standing just beyond her door. He'd been waiting and listening, almost sure that she would start throwing something any time now. He slowly leaned against the wall. For some reason, or another, he knew that she was mad; why wouldn't she be? He closed his eyes. She would now have to grow up without a mother. He knew that Sauda was the only reason that he and Lucine had stayed together those miserable fifteen years he'd almost seemed to waste. He also knew that Lucine felt the same way; which was probably the reason she'd left.
 
Lukas knew that he had to talk to Sauda. Slowly, his hand reached up to the door knob and turned it. Carefully, he peeked his head inside. Looking to his right, he saw Sauda sitting on her bed, her legs and hands folded in what looked like a meditative pose. He wasn't sure whether he should interrupt her or not. Thinking on this, he began to close the door.
 
“What is it, Dad?” Sauda asked, her mouth being the only part of her body that had moved. Lukas stopped, looking back inside.
 
“So, you knew I was here?” he asked, a smile on his face. Sauda didn't move. Lukas wasn't sure whether to take this course of action as a good or bad thing; though he still walked into her room and sat down on the bed beside her. “Perhaps we should talk…?” he suggested.
 
Sauda's eyes moved slowly over to her father. “About… her?” she asked in a gruff tone.
 
“Yes, about your mother…” Lukas replied, attempting to get Sauda to at least call her that. Sauda's eyes moved back into their blank staring position.
 
“What if I don't want to talk about her…?” she snapped.
 
“Sauda… just, bear with me… we need to talk….” Sauda just sighed in annoyance, but nonetheless listened to what her father had to say. Lukas took a deep breath, “Alright, first off, I just want you to know that I love you, and so does your mother.” Sauda's head snapped up at this.
 
“Don't start lying to me, Dad, that heartless wench never loved me and-” Lukas slipped his hand over his daughter's mouth.
 
“Do not say that. Your mother loves you; end of story. Just… listen, alright?” Sauda nodded. “Good. Now, you know that your mother and I never really got along, right?” He moved his hand and Sauda nodded again. “Ok. Well, when moms and dads decide that they've had enough…” Sauda's eyes narrowed.
 
“Dad… don't talk to me like I'm six, ok? I'm fifteen, I know what you're getting at, and I support you all the way. If a divorce is what you want, God knows it's what I want, then just do it. I'm sure Lucine wants it, too.”
 
“Don't call your mother by her first name, Sauda.”
 
“Why? It's not like she's my mom anymore…” Sauda crossed her arms when she said this and looked back at the wall. “She's the one that ran out on us three hours ago.”
 
“She's still your mother, though; she gave birth to you.”
 
“As far as I'm concerned, the Stork brought me here…”
 
“Sauda…. Please, just… be reasonable….”
 
“She's the one who accused you of cheating and thought you said you accused her of it too, Dad. If she's not going to be reasonable, neither am I.” Lukas sighed again. Sauda stood up at this. “Look, I've already given you permission to get a divorce, what else do you want?”
 
“For you to treat your mother like a human being who has half of your genes?”
 
“… Well, I guess that's never gonna to happen.” At that, Sauda turned on her heel and left her own room, leaving her father to sit on her bed, pondering his next move. Sauda walked through the empty house and to the spacious backyard. She then retreated to her corner where her training supplies were kept, stored, and used. Pulling out one of her freestanding punching bags, she set it in the middle of the large black mat and promptly began to punch and kick it until her arms and legs were so sore that she could barely stand up any longer. When she had finished, she retreated to a lawn chair and watched the bag in the sheer darkness that consumed the rest of the backyard. She noticed that there were many rips and tears and places where the stuffing was falling out. She found this sort of odd, she had just bought it yesterday and it had been as good as new when she had pulled it out.