XXXHolic Fan Fiction ❯ Ever Raining ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey, Yuko here! This is my first xxx Holic fic, so don't be mean. I was inspired for this when I was walking home from visiting a friend and I saw a strange sight. On another note, when making this, I was listening to the pillows, I love their music! Also, as a warning, I'm sick, so I just chugged some Nyquil and I'm feeling a bit loopy, so sorry in advance for anything weird. Lastly, when I put a * after a word, that means to look at bottom, where I have a definition or explanation.
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any of the characters or xxx Holic. I own many wonderful watermelons and the story I'm typing here, but not the characters or the rights to them, so don't sue. I'm poor.
 
“Why can't you bring your own lunch?!” Watanuki yelled, as Domeki once again ate the box lunch Watanuki had brought him.
 
“Tomorrow, I want some more tempura, there's not enough,” Domeki replied, looking up to see Watanuki having another tantrum. “Hmm… isn't that Himawari?” He said, looking as Himawari rounded a corner, and came walking in their direction.
 
“Himawari chan! How are you?” Watanuki said, his face immediately brightening at the sight of her. “Oh, Watanuki kun! I'm fine, how are you and Domeki?” She said, walking up to them, and sitting down.
 
“We're fine! What brings you here?” Watanuki questioned. “Well, I just found this little guy, and it doesn't look like he has an owner, where do you think I can put him until class is over?” She replied, motioning towards a black cat in her hands. It was small, silky, and extremely dark colored.
 
`That's a surprisingly dark color, even it's pupils are black,' Watanuki thought to himself, as Domeki pointed out the supplies cabinet to keep it in. Thanking them, she wandered off to put the kitty in the cabinet.
 
“Well, better get back to class. And remember, tomorrow, more tempura, especially the shrimp,” Domeki said, finishing his bento box, and getting up to leave. “What?! Don't order lunch, you're lucky I even bring you anything at all!” Watanuki started, raging as Domeki walked off, seemingly unaware.
 
`Well, I guess I should go to class,' Watanuki thought to himself, as he gathered up bento boxes, and walked towards class.
 
Class was one of the worst places to be right now. Walking inside was like walking into an inferno. The sun was blazing that day, and the lack of air conditioning was starting to really get to the students.
 
Cooking class was worst, with all the hot ovens, the temperature had to be 100 degrees at least. But, as it was Watanuki's best subject, he couldn't help but be happy as it started. Today, they were learning to make a new type of cookie.
 
Watanuki had been forced by Yuko to often make this dish, so he was an expert by this time, no matter the difficulty of it. Finishing 2 batches perfectly, Watanuki was finished far before anyone else. He decided to use this time to get started on his homework, and sat down by a window.
 
`Hmm… I think I can hear some rain,' Watanuki thought, as he began his work.
 
*** *** ***
 
“Watanuki kun, what are you looking at?” Himawari asked, noticing Watanuki staring off into the distance. “Himawari chan, does the school have a watering system?” Watanuki asked, hearing the same noise as before.
 
“Hmm? No, why do you ask?” Himawari replied, confusedly. “That tree, why is it wet then?” Watanuki questioned, pointing towards a large tree, water dripping from its branches.
 
“Maybe it's still wet from the last rain or something,” Himawari said, looking away from the tree. “Yeah, probably. Well, I'd better be heading back to the shop, I'll see you after the weekend Himawari chan,” Watanuki said, turning to head home
 
*** *** ***
 
“You say that the tree always seems to be dripping water, as though it were raining?” Yuko asked, looking at Watanuki. “Yeah, like it's in the rain. It's a big tree though, so maybe its just water from when it last rained,” Watanuki said, leaving to the kitchen to cook dinner.
 
“But it hasn't rained for over a week now, and there are no watering systems at that school,” Yuko said mysteriously. “Tonight we're having yakisoba, is that alright with you?” Watanuki yelled from the kitchen. “I love yakisoba! Oishii*! ” Yuko yelled, as Maru and Moro chanted `yakisoba, yakisoba, yakisoba!' behind her.
 
“Hmm, Watanuki, did you feel any spiritual presence around that tree? I suggest you look into it, just be extremely careful. There are worse things out there than death,” Yuko said, taking a mouthful of the noodles.
 
“Hmm? Okay, I'll see what I can do, but Yuko, are you sure that you can eat all those noodles and chug that sake at the same time?” Watanuki asked, watching as Yuko chugged sake.
 
“That was good! Now, what's for dessert?” Yuko asked expectantly. Watanuki brought out a platter covered in small pastries. “Sata Andagi,” he announced. “Sata Andagi! Ah, the taste of Okinawa*,“ Yuko exclaimed happily, grabbing one of the pastries, and eating it with satisfaction.
 
“Okinawa, Okinawa!” Maru and Moro sang, their voices ringing through out the darkness that had engulfed Yuko's mysterious shop
*** *** ***
 
* Oishii: the Japanese term for `yum!'
* `Sata Andagi! Ah, the taste of Okinawa,': Sata Andagi are small pastries that Okinawa is famous for.
 
A/N: This originally was going to be a one shot, but I think I'll make a few chapters for it, lol, it wasn't supposed to be this long. To those of you reading my FMA fic, I'll try to update soon, please be patient with me! Bwahaha! I love cliffhangers, heh, I'm evil like that. Review if you liked it, or want to offer any suggestions. Until next chapter!