XXXHolic Fan Fiction ❯ The Bright Red Coat Boy ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Bright Red Coat Boy
Disclaimer: XXXHOLiC belongs to CLAMP. No profit is made. No disrespect intended.
 
There once was a cute and sweet boy named Watanuki Kimihiro. Kimihiro lived with his father and mother. He was sixteen years old when his mother asked him to deliver a package to her friend, Ichihara Yuuko, who lived on the other side of the woods.
“Kimihiro, I need you to deliver this to Yuuko-san.”
“Yuuko-san ordered another kimono again?”
His mother grinned and glomped him. “Pleeeeeease?”
He pouted. “Why do I have to go? Yuuko-san is weird and creepy…”
“That's not nice, Kimihiro,” His mother scolded.
“Besides, Yuuko-san can hear.” His father smiled as he joined them.
“That's true!” Father, mother and son laughed.
His father smiled softly, “You'll be home by dinnertime if you hurry a bit, Kimihiro. But just in case you get hungry on the way, or if Yuuko-san makes you stay for a while, here's a bento Kaa-chan made for you.”
He grinned, “Kaa-chan makes the best bento.”
His father grinned, too, “That's true, isn't it? I married a wonderful cook!”
His mother blushed bright red, “Stop it, you two! I smell a conspiracy!” But she was smiling proudly. “Do you remember how to get to Yuuko-san's house?”
“Of course, she orders so many kimonos and I always have to deliver them! I've been there so many times I can get there with my eyes closed!”
“Still, we want you to be careful, Kimihiro. Remember to turn right, Kimihiro or else you'll get lost,” His father warned.
“Don't wander off the path, especially if you get lost. There are rumors a demon is living in the woods and preys upon lost travelers,” His mother kissed him on his forehead and with both his parents, Kimihiro walked to the gates, ready to go to Yuuko's house.
They held the bento and package containing the kimono as Kimihiro put on his coat.
“Kaa-chan, tou-chan,” Kimihiro glared at his parents, “Why is this coat so red?!”
“Yuuko-san gave it to you as a present for your birthday!” His mother chirped.
“Eh?!” Kimihiro's jaw dropped. He wildly flapped his arms, “I don't want it! She'll probably make me pay for it!”
“Nonsense, Kimihiro! Yuuko-san gave it to you as a birthday present!” His mother looked at Kimihiro sternly.
His father mumbled, “Though, come to think of it, she did say something about payment.”
“That's it! She's crazy! I don't want to wear it!”
His mother gazed at him adoringly, “But it looks so cute on you!”
`No, Kaa-chan's trump card! Don't give in, Kimihiro!' But Kimihiro could feel his reservations dissipating. “But it's bright red! Fire-engine red!”
His mother raised her eyebrow, “You prefer the bubblegum pink one instead?”
Kimihiro gaped, “There's a bubblegum pink one?!!”
“Of course! They were both so cute, and would have been even cuter on Kimihiro-chan, but I thought you'd like the red one better. Oh well, I'll just ask Yuuko-san to exchange it for the pink one then.”
Kimihiro just glared at his mother.
His father snickered. Kimihiro glared at him, too. His father smirked and handed him the packages. “Be careful, Kimihiro! Don't talk to strangers!”
“I know, I know!” Kimihiro hugged his parents and said his goodbyes.
And so Little Red Ri--er, the Bright Red Coat Boy set out for Yuuko's house, to deliver a kimono.