Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Clamp School Fan Fiction ❯ Nightingale Sings ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Nightingale Sings

Author: Cheysuli Night

Rated: PG-13

Fandom: CLAMP Campus Detectives/Yami no Matsuei

Pairings: Tatsumi/Watari; no pairings for CCD since they're so young.

Chapter: Prologue

Summary: In 1935, a young boy was killed. In 1996, he is transferred to CLAMP school.

A/N: Played around with the timeline. I'm having both Fandoms take place sometime between 1996 and 2006. I know that messes up some events that happen in the CLAMP world, like X's end of the World but since I'm not including the X fandom, I felt it was ok to ignore that.

A/N: Please visit my home page, where you'll find over a 1,000 plot bunnies in various Fandoms, including CLAMP Campus Detectives and Yami no Matsuei.

_________________

1935

He didn't know where he was. Just that it was dark and cold and cramped. He didn't know how he got here either; the last thing he remembered was his parents coming to wish him goodnight and then... he was here.

The young boy sniffed as he pushed again at the rough wood above him. He knew it wouldn't do him any good. He had already pushed and clawed and hit at the wood that surrounded him until his hands bled and his fingers were broken. He had screamed and cried and called for help until his throat had torn and it got harder to breathe.

He didn't understand what he had done; didn't understand why he was locked away in this little box where no one could hear him. He didn't know why his parents didn't come for him.

It was getting harder to breathe but he was too exhausted to worry about it. He just wanted to go to sleep and hope he would wake up safe and sound in his own bed in the morning. In the morning, the nightmare would be over.

All over, he told himself as he began to drift. It'll all be over... He shivered, taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out. And then...

... there was light. ooooooooo  

1996

"School?" A young boy asked, blinking up at the man in front of him. "I have to go to school?"

The man sighed and looked through the file he was holding. "Yes, school. There have been reports of supernatural activity. Nothing dangerous as of yet but our superiors wish to monitor the situation."

The boy frowned as he moved closer so he could see the files. "What kind of activity? And why do I have to go. I mean, I don't mind going but I don't have a partner and I thought we weren't allowed..."

"Normally, you do need a partner," the man answered, handing the boy the papers. "But since you're just being sent there to observe and not investigate, it has been decided you will be safe enough on your own. And if something does happen, you have your Shikigami."

"And why me, exactly?" the boy asked as he studied the file, smiling slightly at an aerial photo of the campus. ‘It’s beautiful.’

“You’re the only one who looks young enough and has no current assignments. Study the files and go home to pack what you need. You’re meeting your adopted family in a few hours.”

The boy blinked at that and closed the file, staring up at the man in shock. “Adopted family? Tatsumi-sensei, just how long am I staying there?”

Tatsumi smiled and began steering the boy out the door. “A year at the very least. This case is very important... or at least it has the potential to become important. Our superiors want detailed information on those responsible for the disturbances.” He gave the boy a final, gentle shove out of his office. “Good luck, Akira-kun.”