Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Clamp School Fan Fiction ❯ Nightingale Sings ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Nightingale Sings
Author: Cheysuli Night
Rated: PG-13
Fandom: CLAMP Campus Detectives/Yami no Matsuei
Pairings: Tatsumi/Watari; Tsuzuki/Hisoka; no pairings for CCD since they're so young.
Chapter: Chapter 2
Summary: In 1935, a young boy was killed. In 1996, he is transferred to CLAMP school.
A/N: This chapter has been sitting half-finished on my computer forever. Then I deleted what I had and rewrote the chapter since I decided I didn't like what I had. I'm so sorry. A/N2: I can't remember which Gushousin was the elder, so I'm assuming it's the one in blue. A/N3: Fixed previous chapter. Now has dividers between sections. _____________________________

Akira was running late that morning, though he didn't much care. His headache was finally gone, after rearranging the room several times, and he had managed to type up his progress report. Now all he had to do was send it to Tatsumi, check the department newsletter, respond to Tsuzuki's e-mail, and double check the day's schedule and he'd be ready to leave for school. If nothing else came up, that is.
Nothing else had better come up because, although he didn't care if he was late, if he didn't leave soon his 'mothers' would think he was sick and start wailing. He hated it when they wailed. Made him feel as if they should be banished or something.
And of course, since he wanted nothing to happen, something happened.
Akira glared at the messenger bird that had just landed on his computer. “You couldn't have waited a few hours? Or at least until I was out of the house?”
The bird just cocked it's head.
Akira sighed and held out his hand for the bird to hop on. “Fine. But if they start wailing, I'm blaming you.” The bird chirped in apology before relaying its message. Akira frowned at what he heard. “Well, that's interesting.”
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
“Gushous in!”
“Yes, Tatsumi-san?”
“Why wasn't I informed of this?” Tatsumi growled, glaring at the report he held.
Gushousin frowned. “You were! I told you myself last night. You dismissed it, saying that child could handle it alone.”
Tatsumi frowned, the surrounding shadows twitching in his agitation. “Why wasn't I informed that it was this machine that detected the energy?” he ground out.
Gushousin flinched, keeping a close eye on the writhing shadows. “Does it matter?”
Tatsumi stared at him. “Does it matter? Of course it matters! This machine keyed to detect one certain kind of energy! Do you have any-” Tatsumi stopped and whirled around, storming from the room.
Gushousin blinked. “Tatsumi-san?” he yelled, flying after the angry shadow manipulator. “Where are you going?”
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
“He's not here yet?”
Suoh sighed, glaring over at Nokoru. “No, Kaichou. You would know as soon as I did if he was. Sooner, in fact, since you're watching the door,” he said, going back to his paperwork. He didn't understand why Nokoru was so worried; Akira had been late before. Not very often but it wasn't unheard of.
“You think I should call him?”
Suoh shook his head. “He's probably on his way, Kaichou. If he hasn't left yet, a phone call would just make him even more late.”
Nokoru sighed and turned away from the door. “You're right, Suoh. We'll wait,” he said, staring out the window and trying his best to ignore the feeling that something was about to happen.
ooooooooooooooooooooooo
“Who'd you send the bird to?” Tsuzuki asked, as he dug into the apple pie the waitress had just brought.
Hisoka frowned and glanced briefly at Tsuzuki before returning his gaze to the window. “Akira.”
Tsuzuki blinked and looked up from his pie. “I didn't know you knew him.”
Hisoka shrugged. “Met him a while ago at the Tokyo Tower. You were off with Byakko somewhere.”
“Did you ask him to cook for me?” Tsuzuki asked excitedly. “He makes the best-”
“I didn't ask him to cook.”
The older man pouted for a moment before cocking his head. “Then why?”
Hisoka sighed. “Somethings wrong. Very wrong. And it's coming from that school.”