Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Symphonys of Roses and Pain ❯ Hold On ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hold On
 
 
 
He kept expecting for that demon Tsuzuki to pop back into his head, to take over again.
 
Walking down the poor part of Kyoto, his arms crossed over his chest in a self conscious manner. He had yet to change out of the pajamas he'd left the hospital in, and the whiteness of it stood out against the dark and dreary place that he was now in.
 
Gripping the cobblestone with his bare toes, he looked around the empty street for a moment. It was still the spring months, so the air had a small bite to it. He was suddenly very sad that the cherry blossoms were not in bloom.
 
Dropping his chin to his chest, he started building up his mental defense again. He really didn't know how to keep someone else out of his mind, only having found that sort of thing in movies and books, but he didn't want Tsuzuki to take him over, he wanted to live.
 
“God be damned…”
 
The old buildings around him kept catching his eye, making him lose his concentration. Even when he closed his eyes, he could see the unique way the buildings were built and what materials went into them. The oldness of the place made him feel more comfortable, like he'd been here before.
 
He couldn't even find the anger inside of him to yell at the buildings.
 
His violet eyes moved over the buildings in an impassive way. He hadn't noticed, but his feet had led him to a set of long stairs, more than likely leading up to a family ran shrine. Without breaking stride, he stepped up on the first stair. He didn't want to be on the street anymore. To him, it was cold and unfeeling compared to a shrine, a place of worship.
 
Maxwell Church
 
He didn't flinch when that connection was made. He was starting to have this `walking on clouds' feeling, like where he was going could protect him from everything, save him from the Tsuzuki monster.
 
`It's the drugs.'
 
He was still walking up the stairs. He didn't know why, but compared to the cobblestone street, it felt great to lift one leg up and place it down on a higher step, then left the other and set it down on another elevated surface.
 
He was feeling warmer than he'd ever felt before. It was warmth of the soul, the feeling you get when you're in the arms of a lover. It was the feeling of belonging when you came home to your parents and they were waiting with open arms.
 
He loved this feeling.
 
Stopping at the top of the stairs, he wavered for a moment, the warm feeling fading as he looked around to the darkened shrine. However, there was a lit lantern in the torii, lighting up the figure of a man standing there.
 
At once, the warm feeling of love and peace came back with full force.
 
The man was wearing a casual attire, casual in a sense for people like Quatre. White dress shirt that was open at the collar, black slacks and a pair of black loafers. He looked crisp and clean under the light of the lit lantern. What made it more ethereal, was the fact that the lantern was lit by a candle, a soft golden glow and not the harsh brightness of electricity.
 
Taking a step forward, he blinked lazily at the man, pinpointing him as the object of his feeling. “Who are you?” He asked his voice small and full of wonder. There was no way that anyone evil could produce this type of feeling in anyone, not even if they were friends of the Tsuzuki monster or not.
 
The man under the lantern smiled, making the warmth rise to a new level. It was a type of love that you could just melt in. There was nothing sexual about it, there was just the sense that you could trust this man without any regrets, and that he would look after you, even if you were a murderer.
 
“My name is Tatsumi, and I have been waiting for you.” His voice was calm and warm, like the candle in the lantern.
 
He kept moving forward, not stopping until he was a foot in front of the blue eyed man. “Why would you be looking for me?” He whispered, not daring to raise his voice incase that this was another dream, to keep him busy while Tsuzuki was off doing who-knows what.
 
One of Tatsumi's hands reached out and touched his cheek, caressing his skin softly. He could tell that those beautiful blue eyes were normally hard shards by the lack of lines at the corner of the eyes, but right now, they were soulful and feeling.
 
“You look so much like him.” Tatsumi sounded wistful to him, as if reminiscing about someone long ago.
 
He didn't care to know who the blue eyed man was talking about. Closing his eyes, he leaned his head to the side so that his cheek was resting in Tatsumi's palm. He felt the other male's free arm come around his waist, pulling them closer together. The palm on his cheek moved, and he found his head cradled in the crook of Tatsumi's shoulder and neck.
 
It was a little slice of heaven.
 
There was a moment, where he felt weightless, as if he had no body and was made out of nothing but air. However, it quickly passed when he felt warm stone under his feet. It was the kind of warmth that came from the sun, heating the rocks for hours so that they're just the right temperature to walk on.
 
He wanted to look, he really did, but the warmth of Tatsumi's body made him content just to stand there for the rest of his natural life, basking in the unconditional love that the other provided. It was almost unreal.
 
He was almost sad when Tatsumi stepped away, removing his arms slowly. However, this allowed him to get a look at his surroundings. The night had faded, and it was now day, bright and warm. They were also standing in the middle of two rows of cherry trees, every single one of them in full bloom. It made him remember the wish he'd made earlier.
 
If he looked hard enough, he could see the end where the trees stopped and a big white building stood. But he didn't want to deal with that yet; he was busy basking in the warm sun and the amazing view of the blossoms. It was even better, because he had the warmth of Tatsumi and the sun, both making him feel loved, like he was worth something other than killing masses of people.
 
He was beyond everything; he no longer had working reactions. He didn't even flinch when Tatsumi placed his hand on his shoulder and slowly led him down the road and towards the building. He knew that he should not be going somewhere with a complete stranger, and that the transition from the shrine to this place had to have been a dream, but he couldn't bring himself to care.
 
He was warm.
 
He was loved.
 
`It's the drugs' A little voice in the back of his mind told him. He didn't like listening to that voice though, it sounded like Heero.
 
His violet eyes soaked up every detail of the place as he got closer to the big white building. Its paint looked fresh and new, as if it had been done not five seconds ago. If he looked hard enough, he could imagine that it glowed in its radiance. It made his small smile deepen a fraction.
 
And then, they were inside, passing many doors that lead to various places. He couldn't read the kanji on the doors, his mind not processing them through the haze that had taken over his mind since he'd started walking up the stairs to the shrine, but he found that he didn't care.
 
He was home.
 
Tatsumi led him into a large room, its color scheme like the candle. The antique looking futon was dressed in rich golds like the sands of Saudi Arabia, the walls complementing them with deep maroons. He felt like that he would be swallowed up in the warmth of this place that Tatsumi had taken him to.
 
Looking at the futon, he was overcome with a weariness that surpassed even the explanation of exhaustion. He probably would have fallen over and went to sleep on the light brown carpet if it had not been for the blue eyed man guiding him to the futon and gently pushing him down.
 
He wasted no time in pulling back the covers and slipping in between the silky sheets. His lids grew heavy as his head hit the pillow. He could see Tatsumi through his eyelashes pulling the covers up and over him, a small smile playing on his thin lips.
 
But then he was gone, back into darkness, but this time warmer, safer. He was alone, no more Tsuzuki talking to him, taking him over. He was himself again; free to do as he pleased.
 
At least, for now.