Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Symphonys of Roses and Pain ❯ Giving In ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Giving In
 
Electric violet eyes started down at the blood almost as if they didn't see it at all. “Roses….” A masculine voice whispered, “Why do I keep thinking of roses?”
 
That's all he could think of, long stemmed roses everywhere, coming from his veins, falling from the sky. His life was made out of roses.
 
A face, there was a face in the roses. Silver hair and eyes, a smile that sent chills down his spine.
 
`Muraki…'
 
Abnormal eyes slowly slid shut, trying to grasp that face and the memories that accompanied it. `Please…' He gasped silently, fingers stretching out and trying so hard to grab the awaiting hand. `Just let me remember….'
 
Screaming. Someone was screaming for help.
 
“Goddamned it! Go get help Yuy! He's lost a lot of blood!”
 
`Wufei?'
 
He concentrated on Wufei's voice, wondering what the Chinese man was doing here. He racked his brain, trying to remember what would make the other pilot sound so afraid. He remembered sending Quatre an email, since he hadn't wanted to die without leaving the Arabian something beforehand. But he had deleted it, knowing that Heero would see it…and laugh at him some more.
 
Quatre was the only one besides Wufei that would miss him.
 
As if that name triggered something, a horrible feeling swept over him.
 
`So cold…'
 
“Make it end….please `Fei…”
 
He could almost make out the worried face of the Shenlong pilot, once golden brown skin turned white with worry. Those big, beautiful black eyes looking at him as he held his hand.
 
“Don't worry Duo, we're taking you to a place where they'll make everything better. Just hold on…”
 
`Hold on...?'
 
Before he could ask what Wufei meant, he was in a field of roses, red on green. Yet there was no sunlight, only black. Black for dirt, black for sky, shading everything other than the two main colors. Sitting in the middle of the roses was a little boy he didn't recognize. The boy's back was to him, the pale green shirt accenting the boy's bent back as he worked on something that was in front of him. He was totally focused on it.
 
“Hello?” It had come from his lips; because he had felt them move, but it was a voice he knew wasn't his, he didn't have that deep of a voice.
 
Raising a hand to his throat, he stiffened when he didn't feel the rough skin of a street rat under his fingers. “So you're back again?” It was the little boy this time, laughing as he turned around to show that he was cutting the heads off of several of the roses.
 
He already had a large pile next to him, and he reached down and cut off the head of a particularly lovely bud and added it to the pile.
 
“Last time you only stayed for a short while, and the time before that, it was eight years. How long will it be this time?” The child's voice was full of mocking as his eyes kept a close eye on where the shears were doing as he continued to trim.
 
He didn't understand. He'd never been here before…had he?
 
He was so confused. Letting his hand drop, he didn't notice that his limbs were abnormally long. He was too busy looking around to see if there was anything else. “I don't think I know what you're talking about.” Why did his voice sound so different? Why was he here? Where was that face?
 
`Muraki…'
 
“So you've forgotten me?” The little boy sounded pleased, like a spoiled little boy getting what he wanted yet again. He saw the boy stop trimming the roses and look at him, shocking violet eyes, just like his own. They were alarmingly similar to the eyes that he saw in the mirror every morning.
 
They even had that look of a murderer.
 
“That's wonderful! Maybe you won't be as whiney as you used to be, `I don't want to hurt anyone!' Boo hoo!
 
The grin the little boy sported made him think of the times he'd seen himself in a recording while he was piloting Deathscythe. Not his jester grin, but the grin of Shinigami. It made him take an involuntary step backwards. A small barely repressed shudder made his way up his spine as he realized that look was pointed at him, and there was nothing to distract the boy.
 
“Who are you?” His voice sounded small and far away, like he was afraid that talking too loud would make the boy prone to attack. He felt the roses shift under his feet, like some deep and hidden power was awakening because of his show of fear.
 
The boy smiled a smile he'd seen so many times before, but had no clue where he had seen it before...
 
`Muraki…'
 
“Who is he?!” He cried out, falling to his knees and crushing some of the roses under his weight. His too-long arms came up and his hands covered his ears. `Who am I?' He asked himself, not feeling the familiar weight of a braid down his back. He was all wrong, his body felt too long and he didn't have the grace that he'd learned from being a thief.
 
“You don't remember who Muraki is?” The boy demanded, pointing the gardening shears at him. The boy's sickeningly familiar face was frowning in disapproval, like a teacher who was about ready to scold his favorite student.
 
“Please….just tell me who he is?” He asked, letting his arms drop and fall onto his thighs, pleading silently with his eyes. He needed to know who Muraki was, why he was so important and why he kept appearing in his dreams. Kept haunting his waking moments.
 
The boy let out a soft sigh and shook his head, dark brown hair moving from side to side. There was still a hint of disappointment in his actions as he made a motion with his hand that signaled for him to come and have a seat. “Fine! I'll tell you! But I warn you, this is going to be a long story. First off, Muraki is….”
 
He struggled to hear the last part of the sentence; a loud, horrible roaring had started to drown out the boy's voice. “Wait!” he called, reaching out for the boy but finding nothing but rose petals as a strange force picked up, scattering the petals and leaves, blocking everything from view.
 
He panicked; there was no better word for what he was doing. Moving forward hastily as he started hyperventilating, trying to get out of the field of roses before the monster that lived under the flowers came up and hurt him. He could hear the beast roar and move, sounding like thunder rolling a crossed the plains.
 
Fighting against the power awkwardly with his arms, he tried to get to the place where the boy had been. But when he got there, he fell over his own legs, caught up in their length. Sharp pain laced through his arm as he hit the ground, making him cry out and draw the attention of the monster. Looking down to see what had happened, his violet eyes widened in shock. The shears were wedged into his forearm, the weight of the handle over powering the blade and making the it cut deeper into his flesh.
 
“Clear!”
 
He tried to draw a breath as he watched the blood drip down his arm and the handle of the shears, coating the flowers. The blood made the petals glimmer under some unknown light source and also made the green of the stem and leaves less visible.
 
“We've lost him again! Give me another charge!”
 
The monster came up behind him, crunching the flowers under his feet loudly. “I always knew you weren't human Tsuzuki…” The monster whispered after leaning down next to his ear. “Now I can finally prove it to you…”
 
`Heero?”
 
He whipped his head around to look and see if his best friend would save him from the monster, but as he fixated his eyes on the being behind him, his breath caught in his throat and his jaw seemed to become unhinged.
 
`Muraki!'
 
“We have a heartbeat! Hurry! We need to stabilize him!”
 
Grey eyes and a cold smile was all that met him as he turned around. “See you soon…my love…” A wicked smile graced those frail looking lips.
 
The monster, Muraki, was talking in Heero's voice. As the object of his obsession and dreams turned around, he suddenly sank into complete darkness, leaving the roses and pain behind.
 
In one more desperate attempt, he reached his once hurt arm out almost like an offering and called out. `Don't leave me; I need to know who you are!'
 
`Muraki…'
 
`Heero…'