Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Symphonys of Roses and Pain ❯ In Between ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Between
 
Tatsumi looked down at Byakko and Duo. The guardian was pulling the young man onto his back and what the cat decided to do after that was something he was not going to wait to find out. Narrowing his eyes, he turned from the window and rushed with as much dignity as he could from the room attempting to corner the wind tiger before he left with his burden.
 
When Tatsumi reached the doorway, he saw no Byakko out in the distance. What bothered him though was Duo no longer resided on the big cat's back, but under his paws.
 
Eyes widening, he started to get closer. After about three steps Tatsumi was stopped by the red eyes of Byakko. Even from the distance he was halted by the warning in those intelligent eyes. The normal playful behavior of the guardian was no where to be found.
 
Ice blue eyes watched as Duo seemed to regain consciousness. Byakko settled down on top of the struggling boy and the cat started talking. Tatsumi could hear nothing until the tiger stopped speaking and Duo started screaming at the top of his lungs.
 
“I don't want to hear nothing you have to say!” Duo started. “You st-“
 
The boy was cut off there, Byakko having raised his own voice. “You will listen.” The guardian growled, baring his razor sharp teeth.
 
After the normally care-free shikigami's outburst, they quieted down again so that Tatsumi could hear nothing more. His body was taut with the urge to go and help the boy, but he held back, wondering if this was what was needed to get Duo to see what was happening.
 
He was so consumed with trying to listen in on the conversation that he did not notice when someone approached him from the side.
 
A dark chuckle made Tatsumi's head spin to the origin of the sound. Ice blue met cobalt as he turned to face a boy he had never seen before. Their eyes met for a brief time before the mysterious boy looked over to where Byakko had Duo pinned to the ground. “How interesting.” The boy said, a knowing smirk playing on his lips.
 
Tatsumi gathered his mask around him, taking on a bored expression as he regarded the boy beside him. The new comer wore plain jeans and a tee-shirt. But what made Tatsumi most weary was the familiar way which he held himself. “I have never seen you here before.” He said coolly to the younger male.
 
Cobalt eyes turned back to the Shinigami and a `I know something you don't' half grin half smile played over the boy's lips. “I have just found out how to get here, thanks to you.”
 
Taken back, Tatsumi's eyes widened at that statement. “How?” He asked quietly.
 
After a second's hesitation he asked his other question. “Who are you?”
 
The boy's face fell into an expressionless mask after the second question, seeming to close himself off. “I am one that knows Duo.” He said simply. “And Tsuzuki.”
 
Tatsumi's eyes drew themselves away from the boy at those words and involuntary sought out Duo. He caught himself and he turned to face the mysterious boy again. However the cobalt eyed boy was no longer there.
 
Narrowing his eyes, he berated himself for letting his emotions get the better of him. It was no secret that Tatsumi had been hit hard by Tsuzuki's death, still having loved him even after all that had happened. And obviously, even after the violet eyed Shinigami's death and some years later, Tatsumi was still in love with him.
 
Byakko's voice brought Tatsumi out of his musings. Duo stood beside the great tiger, his head down and his bangs hiding his eyes. “I wish to take Tsu-Duo to the Imaginary World to meet the rest of his guardians.” Byakko said, stopping himself from calling the young boy by Tsuzuki's name.
 
Pulling his glasses off and cleaning them with his rag, Tatsumi thought about that request. “I will have to ask Konoe about it.”(1) He said quietly, wondering if Touda, Soryuu (2) and the others would help explain.
 
Turning on his heel, Tatsumi went to go find his boss.
 
~0o0~
 
In the end, it hadn't taken that much convincing to get Konoe to agree to the plan. Tatsumi didn't know if he should be happy about that little fact or not. From Tsuz- Duo's actions before, he didn't know how well the boy would do when meeting all the Shikigami that Tsuzuki loved and cherished like friends and family.
 
Duo, Tatsumi and Kannuki stood in front of the computer that acted as the door to the Imaginary world(3) and waited to be connected.
 
It didn't take long, and Kannuki squealed in delight at seeing Kotaro and Kojiro again.(4) Taking off his glasses, the blue eyed Shikigami remembered the promise to himself to not look at Duo as the two Gate Guardians burst from the computer to hover a few feet off the ground.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~00000000oooooooo0000000~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
A/N-
 
(1)Konoe- Old boss man. The one who likes to torture his `underlings'
 
(2)Touda, Soryuu- Tsuzuki's Shikigami. 2 out of 12. Just named a few of them. About Soryuu's name, if you've seen it spelt a different way, I am going by the way it is spelt in the manga.
 
(3)9th manga, page 99. The Imaginary World is in the internet. Don't believe me, look it up. -grin-
 
(4)Kotaro and Kojiro- The Gate Guardians. The pretty people with the wings that come out of the computer and lead Tsuzuki and Hisoka to the Imaginary World when Hisoka is looking for a Shikigami.