Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Anti Nostalgic ❯ Part 2, Chapter 2 (Tsuzuki) ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Anti-Nostalgic (Tsuzuki, Chapter 2)

Author: Elf Asato

Pairings: Tsuzuki/Hisoka, Tatsumi/Tsuzuki

Warnings: Typical warnings.

Disclaimer: You've been following, you know the drill ^_~

Notes: And again…when Tsuzuki says "you" he means Tatsumi since he's telling him. Gah, confusion >_< (This must be a record for AN notes…)

====================

Anti-Nostalgic

By Elf Asato

====================

*~@~*

Tsuzuki

*~@~*

Shopping shopping shopping! Shopping with Hisoka! Shopping shopping shopping shopping touring shopping flirting loving shopping shopping shopping shopping…!!!!!!!!! Tourism Hisoka souvenirs Hisoka Hisoka Soka gifts presents food happy happy happy happy!!! I'm gonna spend all the money in the world!!!!!!

All right, so maybe I wasn't going to spend that much. I was just happy to go somewhere with Hisoka - anywhere would be fine! We could even take a tour of the city's dump and that would be wonderful because I'd be with Hisoka. It would smell, but I'd be with Hisoka!

I jumped around the room, trying to rouse my partner into my spirited state, but he still seemed half asleep. I was just going to have to wake him up!

"Come on, Hisoka, let's go!"

I was quite surprised and pleased that he let me take him wherever I wanted to go. That meant he was happy just to be with me, right? …Or maybe that just meant that he just wanted to avoid confrontation… In any case, I was happy to be with him whether or not he was happy as well - I assumed he was since he didn't complain!

Oooooh Tatsumi, you should have seen the stores they had! That had a specialty store for nearly everything you could think of! There was a store just for cuddly stuffed animals, sewing, sports…you name it, and it was there! Of course…what I really enjoyed, aside from the food, was the antique store I found. Even though antiques are usually a century or more years old, they had little knickknacks from the fifties, forties, so on and so forth. I found this doll from my era! She was so pretty with her curly brown hair and pink parasol! I wanted to buy her and give her a name, but she was too expensive and she already had a name anyway - Suzette. The entire rime I was there, I kept thinking that I wish I had more money! There were these beautiful and genuine Tiffany lamps in the back, and I immediately wanted to get them for you - they were a citrine-like yellow and I know how you like that color - but they were way too expensive… Sometimes I wish that years and years ago, I would have bought all the stuff I wanted to buy because they're all antiques and worth something now! What I did get, though, was this small glass marigold. I don't know how much it was really worth or even what year it was from, but I knew that I liked it. I remembered from when I was little Ruka telling me that because those beautiful flowers smelled, they kept the bugs away and protected all the plants in the garden. "Always have a marigold in your garden," she said to me, "because they're like the knights in a magic kingdom; they keep the other flowers safe."

Now I don't know if that's true or not, but it made me happy. Even if it's not, because of her, I always have a marigold or two in every garden I have. Besides, it was her birth flower, and everything beautiful comes from October.

Hisoka. Hisoka was born in October…ooh, I can't let him know I'm buying this for him right now! …Where is he…? Oh lucky, he's leafing through books!

I bought that glass marigold for a little over 1200 yen. I didn't know if that was a bargain or not, and frankly, I didn't care.

I'm glad that Hisoka gets so absorbed in books - that makes buying this for him easier…

…A book! Aw, dammit, why didn't I think of that?

Well, I'm sure he would have liked a book better, but on that day he was going to get a glass marigold, tinted the same hue as his cheeks when I make him blush. The more I thought about it, the more I loved that marigold.

Blowing the rest of my day's ration of money on sweets from the Cinnapon, we decided to have lunch at a small café. I didn't know how Hisoka felt, but my feet were killing me! I almost asked Hisoka if he'd give me a foot rub when we got back to the hotel, but I already knew what the answer to that would be…

So, while waiting for our food to come after ordering, we talked about everything we had seen and liked. Apparently, Hisoka liked the clothing stores we visited. It made me sad; it really did, because he died so young. He really should have been alive, joining that superficial teen mass in thinking that clothing, makeup, and the amount of friends you had were really the only things that mattered. More so than that, what really made me sad was the fact that when I was growing up, it was so different. People were ready to do their part to help out and the only thing that really mattered was being loyal to your family's wishes…

…But I didn't want to think about that, so I told him about the Tiffany lamps I had seen. They were beautiful and Hisoka's beautiful, and beautiful people like beautiful things, so I know both of you would have loved them…but alas…I had barely any money to spend!

*~@~*

"Oh really?" I challenged with my eyebrow up as he tried to look convincing. "I looked at the expense report and you spent quite a lot of money on that trip."

"I could have spent more," he countered innocently.

"I have no doubt that you could have."

He tried once more to look absolutely helpless and innocent. "That extra money could have been spent buying those lamps for you, or more souvenirs for the entire office! It could have been given to poor and defenseless homeless children on the streets!"

"It could have, but you spent the majority of it at the bakery!"

"I…I…I…" Tsuzuki stuttered as his eyes mock-shimmered, "Hisoka was starving me! I needed those live-giving pastries to survive!"

"Oh really?" I said skeptically. "You're dead, so it wouldn't have mattered if you starved, anyway! There are actual starving people in China who would love to have that food!"

Tsuzuki tried to look dignified. "Well they couldn't have bought anything anyway because everything was so expensive!"

"You know…" I smiled at him disarmingly, "I could have you and your partner pay for the entire trip yourselves…"

He immediately dropped the subject with a frightened look and continued on.

Thought so.

*~@~*

Tsuzuki

*~@~*

After moaning about the injustice of not having enough money, I surprised him by saying that I had bought something for him. Reaching into one of our shopping bags I had so carefully hidden my purchase in, I pulled out a box gift-wrapped in a shiny blue paper. He was looking so surprised and confused, so I had to give away my stealthy secret:

"I bought it and had it gift-wrapped while you were looking at those old books…I hope you like it!"

He hesitantly took the box from me and slowly opened it, way too interested in the wrapping paper for my taste.

Urugh, he's opening it TOO SLOW!!!

Wrapping paper's gone…good…protective tissues…ugh, Hisoka, you don't have to examine every one!! Ah, he's gotten to the present! Finally!

It seems all my anxiety had built up just for that moment. I desperately wanted him to like it! He stared at it, as if not knowing quite what it was.

"It's a glass marigold," I told him, "Marigold is your birth flower, did you know that? I saw it and thought it just really fit you well. Marigolds keep away bad stuff, like bugs or whatever that harms plants. That's why you sometimes see marigolds in gardens, even though they smell kind of weird. …At first I wasn't going to get it for you because I didn't think you would like it…but I noticed that the tint on the petals is like the shade you get when you blush. I hope you like it."

I giggled softly because he almost looked like a gaping fish with how his little mouth opened and shut, trying to find words…and as soon as I saw that beautiful hue rise in his cheeks, I knew he liked it and my day was made.

He…actually told me that he loved it and it was beautiful. I was so happy - almost as if he had meant me. It was so him. So so sohim.

Nothing else was said about the gift, apart from me being happy that he enjoyed it, and we went back to chattering about our day so far until my savior the food came. It made me happy because on the way there and in the hotel room, we talked about what we wanted to do on our vacation - almost as if we were discussing our dreams for the future together.

Together.

Everything seemed so right when we were together…

He wanted me to go down to the lobby and ask for a vase to put the glass flower in, so I practically ran down there! Fortunately they had one and were glad to give it to me, but it was excruciating because I was afraid to run back up the stairs in fear of dropping it! …So I endured the pain and walked up those steps gently with my hands wrapped tightly around the fragile glass, but not so tight that it would break.

You know, it takes a lot of coordination to carry something delicate slowly up a flight of stairs when you'd like nothing more than to be at the place you're heading for!

When I finally got back to the hotel room, though, we filled the vase with water and put the glass marigold inside, staring at our "artwork." It was so beautiful, and because of that, I knew Hisoka liked it.

Beautiful people like beautiful things.

====================

~End of Part 2, Chapter 2~

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just lazy XD Ah well, I'll have these chapters out when they're out!

Random Observation: My hands almost look bony when I'm typing… Aah, I'd love to draw them…! I love drawing hands. I'm just weird like that XD

====================