Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Better ❯ Better ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
So, Tsuzuki's back in GenSoKai for a visit and no one bothered to tell me... Surprise, surprise, Touda thought, stopping short at the sight of said master.

He watched from abit aways as the amethyst eyed Shinigami embraced Byakko and ruffled Tenko's hair. Not wanting to intrude on their tender reunion Touda turned and began making his way back to the palace.

"Touda!" And with that brief warning Touda found himself wrapped in one of Tsuzuki's infamous hugs.

He never quite knew how to respond to these. No one other than Tsuzuki ever touched him, not even by accident (not that he cared) but now he was encircled by the Shinigami. It never ceased to amaze him how warm Tsuzuki was. Touda eyes eyes drifted closed as he savored the moment. Just because he didn't hug back didn't mean the contact with his Master was unwelcome.

"I'm glad you're well, Master." he said, pulling away after a long moment.

Tsuzuki smiled widely, unfazed by the Shikigami's cold exterior (not to be taken literally people). "What about you Touda? Are you okay?"

Touda never understood why Tsuzuki asked these questions. The Mater was not supposed to care about the Servants well being... But then again, over the years he had come to learn that Tsuzuki was not the typical master.

Just as he was about to answer Tenku came and tugged sharply at the Shinigami's hand.

"Come and play with me Tsuzuki-chan!"

Tsuzuki flashed Touda an apologetic smile and waved before going of to humor the insistant child.

696969696969

"Touda," Tsuzuki said, coming further out onto the roof to sit next to the fire shiki, "You never did answer my question."

"Which question would that be Master?" He'd been up on the roof for hours, just drifting in and out of thought. He'd been aware of Tsuzuki's presence, but he was still in 'let's look at the sars' mode.

"About whether or not you're okay. And I want a real answer too!... Come on Touda, you're my friend!" he pouted, he had edged closer and was now cuddled to the shikigami's side, resting his head on one of the wide shoulders, "I worry about you and I know the others can be alittle mean sometimes, so... How are things with you?"

The honesty in Tsuzuki's voice struck a cord in Touda, compelling him to give just as honest an answer. "Things have been..." he stalled for a moment, trying to think up the right word," Better."

With that Tsuzuki relaxed against the shiki's form. "Good, I'm glad." his tone was tired and sleep laden. And after a few peaceful moments his breathing leveled out, signifying that he was indeed asleep.

Touda gave a small smile to Tsuzuki's sleeping form, he just looked so adorable the snake couldn't help it. "Yes Master," he said with a sigh, calm settling over him, "things are always better when you're here." And with that he looked back up towards the stars.

A/N: Okay, now don't grumble under your breath! Say something. I'll admit this story is not one of my best and this may very well be the only time I ever ask for criticism.