Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Break Me Like This! ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Don't Break Me Like This!

Series: Yami no Matsuei/ R.D. original ~Rei no Kage~

Category: OC, OOC, AU (understatement), Angst, Shounen-ai, Drama, Crossover, Sampler

Rating: R

Author: Requiem Duindain

E-mail: r_duindain@hotmail.com

Homepage: www.geocities.com/r_duindain

Author's Note: Yay! Revised! I apologize for the length between updates. It has been hectic (to say the least). I have my muses and I have the plot so let's get it started! I hope it'll be better and not worse. Thanks to Elf Asato for being my beta (how does she put up with me?????). ICE for being supportive. And Literary Eagle who has given me her helpful input for every chapter. Sankyuu! ~Requiem~

Claimers: Rei no Kage belongs to Requiem Duindain

Disclaimers: Yami no Matsuei belongs to Yoko Matsushita.

--------------

Prologue

--------------

"TSUZUKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A voice rang out amidst the deafening whirl of the wind and the crashing of debris into each other as they swirled in the air, creating a protective shield around the tall figure of a brunet[1] suspended in the center of that tornado, unconscious.

The lithe figure of a denim clad blond scrambles over the wrecked surface covered in debris and fallen trees in an attempt to save his partner. He was acting impulsively again, forgetting that his own life -or rather life after death--was at stake as well. His mind would have reminded him of that years and years ago, but ever since he met a certain Shinigami, he decided that it was much better to risk his own afterlife for Tsuzuki Asato.

Damn it! He couldn't get close enough to Tsuzuki and even if he could, there was no way Tsuzuki could hear him.

"Bon!" A hand closed around his wrist and with a jerk Kurosaki Hisoka spun around to glare at the person who dared to interfere. Concerned amber eyes met the emerald glare. "Don't be crazy! It's dangerous."

The boy tried to pull his wrist free of the older man's grip, but Watari Yutaka held firm. "Let go! I have to save him!" With a sudden pull, Watari's fingers loosened their hold on Hisoka, and the boy was soon racing towards Tsuzuki.

Watari sighed and took after the boy, but a larger piece of debris was sent flying his way. He cursed and closed his eyes, bracing himself for impact when he heard the rock collide with something else and felt the familiar dark aura of Tatsumi Seiichirou's Shadows. True enough Tatsumi was standing in front of the scientist, hand extended in the familiar stance as he shielded him.

"You all right?"

"Yeah, but Bon…"

The wind became a little stronger and Watari looked up. The blue sky was covered in gray clouds, all of them swirling over the tornado that shielded Tsuzuki. There was something coming… Watari and Tatsumi could feel it. Another aura… Before any of them could make a move to do anything, the clouds above parted and a beam of pure red energy shot down and engulfed them all in its scarlet light.

***

"Tsuzuki…"

It was nothing more than a cry in the distance; a little sound lost in the sea of noise, but no matter how little the cry reached him. Closed eyes cracked open and purple eyes cracked open to seek out the source of that cry. A blond boy was running towards him, but the wind stood in between them.

He wanted to reach out, but he felt…so…tired… Those purple eyes closed again as the cries became louder and more frequent. Then there was nothing.

***

Almost there, almost… Then everything went red. The ground cracked and it shifted, raising pieces of itself unevenly, hindering the blond. Dust was thrown into the air and he halted in his tracks, blinded for a second.

There was a roar - nothing like a lion's, or a tiger's, or anything on earth for that matter, but something close to reptilian and deafening. Powerful flapping followed, and the force of it blew Hisoka away.He felt himself being hurled towards one of Meifu's fallen buildings. The impact would break his bones; maybe even kill him a second time.

"No, not yet!"

It wasn't spoken, but more like something his empathy picked up. When he felt a pair of arms encircle him, his eyes shot open, feeling, perhaps for the first time, the complete absence of alien emotions invading him despite the physical contact[2]. A pair of emerald eyes, feral and nearly feline, stared back at him from behind a pair of glasses.

"Who--?" was all Hisoka managed to sputter before he felt a small, stinging pain in the side of his neck going a little deeper as if it was being pushed in and saw the glint of silver in the corner of his eye before he felt drowsy as his eyes glazed over. The feral emerald eyes went out of focus as Hisoka's own closed softly, and his body fell completely limp in the arm of the other man.

To be continued…

[1] An edit from Elf-san. She remarked that brunet is for men and brunette is for women. Just like blond and blonde. How does she put up with me?

[2] Hmm…I'm not too sure on that. Maybe the other person Hisoka has never felt emotion from is Tatsumi but who knows?