Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Glasshouse ❯ Transparent Image ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Glasshouse

 

Part 2: Transparent Image

 

Hisoka glanced around. Everything seemed normal. But there was one problem about this one house that's about to be demolished. Someone had disappeared before his or her day of death, which caused an attention with the bureau and had to investigate. They couldn't tell who was the person missing, no name, no file, and nothing. It was like everything disappeared on him or her. Mostly everything was moved out except for one thing…

 

A mirror.

 

The movers said that they couldn't move it. They saw that it was never nailed to the ground at all. So they decided to leave it there. The demolition would commence in the morning. Judging by the night it was still nine. Hisoka glanced at his partner to see him rummaging through a few things that they didn't bother to take. Somehow his emerald eyes kept on looking at the mirror. Something was significant about the mirror.

 

Something about the mirror.

 

Without realizing it his feet carried him over to it as his hand unconsciously touched the frame. He gasped as images came flashing through his head. He was seeing what the mirror saw.

 

Flash--------

 

It was a woman who disappeared. Her back was to the mirror and she…she was writing a note. Then she stopped and sealed it in the envelope. She hid it in…he couldn't see. The mirror didn't catch it.

 

The woman then walked in front of the mirror. She spoke.

 

"I'm ready to go to a new place," she said. An image of the woman in black appeared instead of the woman's reflection. The woman in the mirror extended her hand as the other grasped it as the water rippled and she stepped through. As if the woman in black saw him she looked in his direction. The woman now lied unconscious in her arms.

 

"Don't worry, my child, you'll get your turn. For now sleep and remember I'll always be around," the same woman from his dreams said.

 

He froze then felt intense pain crawl all over his body trapping him in one place. He soon fell into unconsciousness. Before he fell in complete darkness he heard his name called,

 

"Hisoka!"

 

And knew no more.

 

End Flash----

 

Tsuzuki stopped his searching and looked towards his partner since he heard some movement. He saw him walk towards the mirror. After hearing the strange story about it not able to move he found it weird too. There were no traces of anything on it so maybe it was just too heavy. He saw Hisoka grasp the frame and he knew immediately what his partner was doing. Sometimes he didn't like it. He didn't like what trouble Hisoka has to go through just seeing things in his mind. It usually left him defenseless and vulnerable from any emotions along a certain radius.

 

"Hisoka!" Tsuzuki said running to catch his fainting partner. He didn't like this one bit. He disappeared back to the ministry. 

 

-------------------

 

In a deep dark place, the woman watched the whole scene. Her lips flicked to an evil smile. Yes, everything was going according to plan. She looked behind her with the unconscious woman she just took.

 

"Don't worry my dear shinigamis you'll get your chance, especially you my newfound pet."

 

-------------------

 

The others were worried. It's been a week and Hisoka hasn't woken up since then. Everyone has been specifically worried. Or maybe he did wake up once but they weren't there since Watari was able to convince Tsuzuki to eat something, which only lasted for about fifteen minutes. But then again he would've woken up by then. Tsuzuki never left Hisoka's side for one minute. As much as everyone tried to persuade him, it didn't work. When someone promised to look after him for the time he was gone he agreed. It was Watari. Tatsumi acted as a substitute for Hisoka's place until he woke up. So the two were investigating the house again while Watari watched over the kid.

 

Watari needed to get something to drink. It was tiring just sitting there but it was for good reason. But no one would get in there within five minutes. So he left to get some coffee to wake him up. Besides he couldn't ask someone else since there was no one else in the building at this hour.

 

A few seconds after he left a white light shinned in a little appearing in the place was a man dressed in white. His silver eye trailed to the sleeping body on the bed. His pale hand cupped the cheek as he leaned down, his thumb caressing the smooth pale skin. Surprisingly the emerald eyes were revealed but there was no light in them. He smiled slightly though with a sad tone in it.

 

"So, it is true. You're no longer here. It was my mistake to think you're partner was the one, but I guessed wrong," he spoke softly and sat on the bed next to the sleeping patient. He rolled up the sleeve to see the fading red marks, the curse he placed on the boy.

 

"She's trying to take you away, my doll." He hovered over the lifeless looking boy. Their lips were barely an inch apart.

 

"You know, you still look as beautiful as that night. And even now you're still my favorite doll. Your partner was just a substitute for my experiments and nothing more. It's you I treasure the most. Tell me, would you leave me for her?" He closed the space between them. It was lifeless but there was still some sort of warmth emitting from the body beneath him. As he pulled back the emerald eyes gained the life back. The eyes looked around frantically stopping to him, the other occupant who wasn't supposed to be there.

 

"Mummmmmm…" Hisoka began but was cut off as lips crushed onto his silencing out his cries. His hands tried to pry off his offender but it didn't work. He was relieved as he pulled away but the cold hands were touching his neck and holding him upright. He didn't know what to do. His voice was caught in his throat. Nothing was going to happen, right? He wasn't going to do anything this time, right? What the heck was he thinking? This isn't what he's supposed to be doing; he was supposed to accept he was supposed to scream out for help or something! Instead he stayed still. Hisoka was surprised as the doctor stood up and brushed his hand across his cheek before disappearing.

 

He stared at the spot before placing his head in his hands. 'What was that?' he thought. He wondered what Muraki was doing there and where the hell was everybody. Looking outside, it was dark. So that would explain it. Hisoka slowly stood up although a bit shakily. His hands grasped the side of the bed keeping him balanced. He took small steps towards the door while holding on to the bed railings for as long he was in the vicinity.

 

The door opened surprising him as he fell towards the floor. Hisoka shut his eyes tightly waiting for the impact to come but it never happened. He slowly fluttered his eyes open to see arms holding his weakened body. Looking up he stared straight into violet irises. Unconsciously he let out a smile before suddenly falling into darkness.

 

TBC-------------------

 

Kinshin: It's short I know, but I just figured it'd be okay to stop here. Thanks for your visits!

 

Like it? Review! NO FLAMESS!!