Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Hisoka Doll ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hisoka Doll

Author: Elf Asato

Pairings: Tsuzuki/Hisoka, (Muraki/Hisoka?), Tat/Tsu/Hi, Watari/Tatsumi (last two only mentioned briefly)

Warnings: Language, Muraki, end of the story

Disclaimer: All mine - oh wait, I'm dreaming, sorry…

Notes: I didn't really have any idea what I wanted to do with this, except the end, so I just wrote and wrote until I eventually got there… So sorry if it jumps around a bit ^^; And a very merry THANK YOU to Erin-chan for drawing me wonderful fanart XD! I luff it!

Chapter summary: Epilogue and Muraki-ness!

==========

Hisoka Doll

By Elf Asato

==========

Epilogue

What the hell are you doing, Tsuzuki?!

I won't let him hurt you, I promise.

Do you trust me?

Tsuzu…ki…

Do you trust me, Hisoka?

I…trust you…

Thank you, love.

I'll be back before you know it.

Just wait for me.

Wait for him. Wait for him. Wait? Wait!

Wait?!

My empathy's reeling trying to distance myself from Tsuzuki's emotional turmoil - mixed with my own - and yet at the same time, trying so desperately to reach him.

Stupid idiot! Stupid, stupid…

Tsuzuki…

When I see him again, I don't know whether I'll hug and kiss him like mad or beat the living shit out of that idiot. What the hell made him think that he alone could take on Muraki???

Muraki! Of…all…people…

…Him…

I need to - need to - think clearly about this! But…what do I do? If I leave him alone, he'll be alone with Muraki! …But if I come for him, it's like I never trusted him at all…

I trust him…

…But I don't trust Muraki.

I've got to find him!

I know exactly where he is now, but that still doesn't keep my heart from racing and my throat knotting.

Soon…I'll get to see him again…

Him again…

…So soon…

Tsuzuki.

… (Muraki)

Tsuzuki.

(Muraki)

Since Muraki's heart moved on, I've never been graced with the presence of his childlike heart in my dreams. It's weird because I know I should be relieved…but instead, I feel…somewhat sad.

Even with Tsuzuki by my side always.

I had always known that my idiot partner had feelings towards me, but up until a few weeks after the doll stopped coming, they were never reciprocated. Of course, now I love that dear idiot of mine and I can't remember how I ever lived without him.

Oh wait, I didn't. I died. …That's right…

Anyway, now we're inseparable - even going as far as moving in with each other - and we'll be celebrating seven months together in a few weeks. I feel so lucky…

And Tatsumi… We've both grown to love him dearly and he's just as much part of our relationship as we are, but lately Tsuzuki's been trying to set him up with nearly everyone in the office. Our dear secretary, while he doesn't exactly appreciate the actual act, appreciates the thought and effort we both give him.

Tsuzuki and I don't want to jinx it, but we think that Watari is turning out to be a likely candidate for Tatsumi's heart - they argue about the most irrelevant things. It's so cute…and obvious that at least one of them likes the other. So obvious that during our assignment briefing a couple of days ago, one of the Gushoushin actually asked if they were going out…

Oh right, our assignment: investigating a long string of complex and gruesome murders and finding a leering Muraki at the end. Actually, Tsuzuki was the one to find him as the source of all our problems - and the reason why I'm so fucking nervous about this. That idiot went off to confront Muraki alone so I wouldn't have to see him again…

My love. My darling, beautiful love in the hands of that creep

…But even as I say that with the harshest thoughts I can imagine, I don't hate him. …I hate myself for having to face that truth, but I…don't hate him. I guess…because now I understand. Even if I really don't…it's because I understand him.

But still, that doesn't excuse all the lives he's ruined and ended just for his fun.

Tsuzuki's pain is screaming louder in my heart and I know that I'm near them.

He can feel I'm near as well - the vibrations of our pain are nearly one…

Closer…

The vibrations are slow…

Closer…

So slow…

Closer…

Just barely…

Closer…

Zero.

"TSUZUKI!" I cry out as I see him hunched over in a pool of his own blood as that…that bastard stands upright from his position of hovering over my love tauntingly.

It takes effort for Tsuzuki to tilt his head slightly and croak out, "…Hisoka…" His eyes carry a vague sense of relief, but everything else tells me that he's not happy to see me under the circumstances.

"So you're finally here," Muraki smirks as he brushes a lock of silver hair from his face and looks at me with piercing eyes. He's remembering that night under the sakura tree…I know he is…looking over me with those predatory eyes…

I can't STAND it!

Doubling over from Tsuzuki's pain and my own, I clutch my head, trying to block out the memories and the lingering pain…the smell of the sakura…

"I was wondering how much I would have to torture our dear Tsuzuki-san before you would show up," he continues and I can feel him mocking me with everything he has…

…But I'm not entirely sure it's him.

It's…me…

"He's not yours," I snap, as my sight is nearly blind from the rage that I feel towards this man, "and he never was!"

That bastard just chuckles lightly and smirks. I can only tell by his aura that he's drawing nearer and nearer. "All right, I'll let you have that…but you," he continues as he's no more than two feet away, "…have always been mine."

My knees give out, but I barely feel the pain from dropping abruptly on them.

Muraki just stands over me and I know he's wearing that smile…that smile and those eyes…

All this…makes a strange part of my heart sad. Like…it's not supposed to be like this. Like it could be…

…Different…

Different?

He's knelt beside me and I can feel his familiar breathing in my ear, almost smelling sakura as well.

A crazy part of me wants to whip out an ofuda and use reibaku on him…but what am I going to do once he's immobilized?! Kick him and run?

"My doll," he whispers and I feel Tsuzuki clutching desperately to me in my heart only.

I shake my head weakly as I try to block out what he's saying. "I-I'm…not…"

"You always were the favorite in my collection…"

"…I…"

His lips brush my ear slightly as he continues, "You're beautiful."

Perhaps, I feel, the reibaku has been cast on myself because everything has come to a still - my muscles, my breathing, my world. It's just him, now…breathing those soft words in my ear:

"My Hisoka Doll."

He places something soft and furry in my still arms… My neck muscles only allow me to look down and steal this one glance…steal this one fleeting memory…

…Michi…ko…?

I feel Tsuzuki's emotional screaming comes to a standstill and Muraki's aura recede until it's far away, never reaching me. The sadness that I had felt before goes with Muraki - replacing it is intense and irrational happiness that cannot be explained. My arms slowly and gently draw near to my body until I feel the comfort of the stuffed animal against my chest. Vaguely feeling Tsuzuki's confusion, I reach out with my empathy and smother it with Michiko's love. I have to give a slow but confident smile as he dulls the pain and leaves me feeling content.

All that's left in my fragile little world is Michiko.

And I accept.

"My doll…

You always were the favorite in my collection…

You're beautiful…

My Hisoka Doll."

End

Ending notes: Michiko returned! Yay! Um…anyway, Michiko (for Hisoka) symbolized love ^^;; A very strange love, but love nonetheless.

I was UTMOST pleased with the ending! *hugs ending* I luff it! (Er, it's up to you to figure out just what exactly it meant…)

And OH OH OH OH! Erin-chan drew fanart for me, which you ALL should look at and tell her how wonderful it is! (http://www.deviantart.com/view/1410595)

That "my darling, beautiful love" part just came out! Blame Erin-chan for writing that fic that, incidentally, you all should read ^^;; (ooh, I'm just full of Erin-chan-promoting…)

And about the vibrations… When you play an instrument (clarinet especially) and you play with a tuner right next to you, you can actually feel the vibrations/beats depending on how in tune you are. The more in tune you are, the slower the beats become until you're exactly in tune - and then they stop! (…Speaking of that, I have this huge playing test I should be practicing for - but I'm writing this instead XD!)

I'm too lazy to thank each and every one of you for sticking with this story and reviewing so I'll do it in just one shot:

Thank you for reading and good night ^_^