Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Just Another Day ❯ Just Another Day ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Category: Shonen-ai, sap, holiday fic
Rating: PG-13
Pairings: Tatsumi + Tsuzuki mainly
Warnings: Sap. And More Sap.
Feedback: C&C
Notes: This was written as a holiday fic for Yoiko's website.

Disclaimer: As much as I would love to own these characters, they belong to Yohko Matsushita (and I guess US Manga these days). This was written for entertainment purposes only. No money has changed hands. And Lord knows I have no money.

Just Another Day

A Yami no Matsuei fanfic
by babaca

Tsuzuki arrived at work on time for a change. Arriving on time was always a rarity, however sometimes it was worth it to him to show up and skip the ten extra minutes of sleep he would allow himself.

It was Valentine's Day.

The day where chocolates flowed freely and there was nothing wrong with chocolate. Tsuzuki rather loved the more sweets-filled holidays. He wasn't particularly religious so Valentine's, Halloween, Christmas didn't matter as long as cookies, cake or candy were involved in the holidays.

Getting the cards were okay too, but not as fun as the sweets.

"Ohayo ..." Tsuzuki stopped as he looked in the offices that were usually teeming with people. There was no one around. "Where is everyone?" He asked as he deposted small red envelopes with little Hershey kisses taped to the envelopes themselves. "Kancho? Watari? Wabaka? Hisoka? Where is everyone?"

"Everyone called in sick," a voice said behind Tsuzuki.

Tsuzuki turned to see Tatsumi walking up not looking particularly happy.

"Sick? Really?" Tsuzuki asked.

"No, not really. But they won't be in today," the tall accountant said walking over to Kancho Konoe's office. Tsuzuki followed.

"What do you mean by 'not really'?"

"They are essentially avoiding you Tsuzuki," Tatsumi said.

"Why?"

"Do you really want to know?" Tatsumi said in a low voice.

Tsuzuki nodded.

"You scare them."

Tsuzuki looked confused. "I don't understand."

"How do I explain this," Tatsumi muttered to himself before looking over to his friend and former partner. "You get a little carried away with this particular holiday."

"But ... anou ..." Tsuzuki stammered.

"You are just a little TOO enthusiastic about it," Tatsumi said as he pushed his glasses up his nose. "Take last year's Valentine's party."

"What was wrong with the party? Everyone had fun!" Tsuzuki protested.

"No one had a choice! What did Watari put in that punch?" Tatsumi said exasperated. "You micro-managed the events there even more fervently than I review the budget. Everyone was being polite for your sake, because we like you. But you really were very scary."

"Give me one example of scary!" Tsuzuki huffed.

"What possessed you putting Watari in charge of the drinks! Making everyone play 'spin the bottle'? The limbo contest? The Chief was in traction for a week. Should I go on?"

Tsuzuki flushed in mortification. "No, you don't have to. I didn't realize ..."

"I know you didn't. It's why we all went along with it. But I guess no one was up for another repeat of last year."

"So why are you here then?" Tsuzuki asked. "Shouldn't you be 'sick' too?"

Tatsumi put a hand on his friend's shoulder. "You never scare me, Asato. Besides someone had to be here to maintain the office," he said with a smile.

Tsuzuki returned the smile. "Thanks."

"If you want to go home, I would understand. Everyone else has taken the day off," Tatsumi said.

"No, I'll keep you company," Tsuzuki said, "Besides, I can shock Kancho by having my reports done and sitting on his desk." He walked over to his desk and saw a few cards and a few boxes.

Tatsumi glanced over at Tsuzuki then wandered over to the chair by Tsuzuki's desk. "So what's your haul this year?"

Tsuzuki opened the most ornately wrapped box. Inside was a pair of purple thong underwear and a note. The note read:

I can't wait to see you in these.
--The Earl

Tsuzuki screamed and turned so red that he looked purple. Tatsumi picked up the note and read it.

Tatsumi laughed. "He never gives up, does he?"

Tsuzuki shuddered. "No, he doesn't. Why am I afraid to open the rest of these?"

"I'm sure they are not all from him," Tatsumi reassured him.

The second box opened contained chocolate truffles.

"Ooh, truffles! I love truffles," Tsuzuki said excitedly. He read the note. "It's from the whole office. Sugoi! So they don't hate me."

Tatsumi sighed. "Of course they don't hate you."

The gift from Hisoka was a coupon for a free slice of cheesecake at Madame Fong's. The final gift was a long box when opened revealed chocolate dipped strawberries.

There was no card for the last gift.

"Who would have sent me these? I love these even more than truffles!" Tsuzuki said.

Tatsumi shrugged, with an apologetic smile. The phone range in Kancho Konoe's office. "I'd better get that, I'll be back," he said as he walked around the room to the corner office.

Another phone rang near Tsuzuki. He picked the phone up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, is this Tatsumi Seiichiro?"

"No, he's on another line, may I take a message?"

"Yes, tell he that we apologized for forgetting to include his note for the chocolate-dipped strawberries. We've been really busy here, but as a show of our apology we will give him a discount on his next order here," the apologetic voice said through the phone.

Tatsumi looked over at his box of treats with wide-eyed surprise. "Could you tell me what the note said?" he found himself asking.

"The note reads: 'enjoy these with someone special,'" was the reply.

"No names?" Tsuzuke asked.

"No sir, not even his own. But will you pass the message along?"

"Of course, thank you for calling," Tsuzuki said, as he hung up the phone.

Tatsumi returned from Konoe's office. "I don't think the Chief will be thrilled with the messages left for him today."

Tsuzuki smiled. "Well that's just the price you pay for taking a day off, I guess. Did you look in your desk drawer?"

Tatsumi looked puzzled but walked over to his desk and opened it. Inside was a small box of chocolates in a heartshaped box. "Thank you Tsuzuki."

"I know you're not a big fan of sweets that's why the box is so small," Tsuzuki explained.

"It's fine."

"Do you like strawberries, Tatsumi?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Yes, why?"

"Would you like to have some? If I eat the whole thing, I'll get sick," Tsuzuki said as he approached Tatsumi with the egg crate box that contained the strawberries.

"They are your gift," Tatsumi said, nervously.

"Yes, but sharing is always fun," Tsuzuki said with a slightly huskier intonation. He reached inside the box and pulled out a chocolate dipped strawberry. "Open your mouth," he instructed.

Tatsumi blushed, but did open his mouth.

Tsuzuki placed the strawberry gently in Tatsumi's mouth, allowing some of the chocolate to smear on the other's lips. "Isn't that good?" he asked, also blushing.

Tatsumi's tongue flicked across his lip to get the rest of the chocolate that was smeared there. "Very good." He reached into Tsuzuki's box and pulled a strawberry. "Now it's your turn." Tatsumi picked up a strawberry and held it to Tsuzuki's lips. Tsuzuki opened his mouth and took a bite letting the juice of the strawberry stain his lips. Tatsumi's eyes couldn't stop staring at the red, wet, glistening lips, without thinking he leaned forward and swept his tongue along them before pressing his own lips to Tsuzuki's.

Tsuzuki moaned, opening his mouth. Tatsumi slid his tongue inside memorizing the touch and feel ... the tastes of strawberry, dark chocolate and Tsuzuki. He felt himself moving closer to Tsuzuki, losing himself to the feelings he kept closed from the other man for years. He felt Tsuzuki's arms wrap around his neck as his arms went around the other's waist pulling him closer, the half-eaten strawberry almost forgotten in his hand. With reluctance Tatsumi broke the kiss, feeling dizzy, yet happy.

Tsuzuki's amethyst eyes opened with a contented, dazed look as well. "Those are VERY good strawberries," he said with a smile, as he pulled back to grab Tatsumi's hand and finish the half-eaten berry, his tongue caressing the fingers that held the berry.

Thoughts of knocking everything off the desk they were near to do more interesting things to each other were strong, as Tatsumi tried to regain his senses ... his sensible practical side. This was tough to do with Tsuzuki looking at him like that.

"Do you think we should stay here? It's not like we're really busy today," Tsuzuki said, almost as if he read the thoughts of Tatsumi. It was obvious to Tsuzuki when he saw the mischievous sparkle in Tatsumi's blue eyes, what the other wanted to do. He wanted it as well. He had never understood why Tatsumi would constantly push him away in the past, but none of that mattered now. What mattered is he wanted more from Tatsumi and it was looking like he would get his wish.

Tatsumi cleared his throat. "Well, you're right it is a little slow today. I guess we could close down early. What do you have in mind?"

Tsuzuki smiled. Tatsumi always secretly melted when he saw that smile, because it was rare from all the others he had witnessed from the past. It was a more genuine smile. "Why don't I invite you to a meal? My treat and we'll take it from there?"

Tatsumi grinned. "I would like that. Let's start shutting down the office."

"Hai," Tsuzuki said as he move to turn off the machinery not needed to be on all night. Neither man noticed a side door slowly closing.

"I can't believed it worked Bon," Watari said with a smile. "Those two have been dancing around each other for years now."

"I could sense their feelings. It wasn't so difficult. They just needed to be alone in a neutral setting," Hisoka said with a nod.

"I still don't know how you managed to get the office to take the day off," Watari remarked.

"I just had to mention last year's party like Tatsumi said. It really wasn't that difficult. Especially when I mentioned the punch you made," Hisoka laughed as they walked away from the door.

"It was not my fault!" Watari argued hotly. "I just wanted to create a punch that would free up everyone's inhibitions and let them have a good time."

"But it turned everyone into party animals. Literally! I can tell you I did NOT appreciate turning into a bunny," Hisoka huffed.

"You were a cute bunny! What's your complaint? At least you didn't turn into a bull like Konoe did," Watari laughed. "So what are you going to do with your day off, Bon?"

Hisoka shrugged. "Don't know. Catch up on some reading maybe."

"Why don't we follow Tsuzuki and Tatsumi's example and grab a bite to eat?" Watari asked, pushing back some of his long blond hair.

"Will 003 being joining us?" Hisoka asked, staring at the owl on Watari's shoulder.

"If you don't want him to be, he won't," Watari answered.

"It doesn't matter, let's go," Hisoka said.

OWARI