Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Little Things ❯ Missed ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Little Things
Missed
By: eternalsailorsolarwind
 
Disclaimer: Not mine. Please don't sue - all of my money goes to support my anime/manga habit. I just play with the characters for fun.
 
A/N: Time for another Tatsumi/Watari. Tatsumi might be a little OOC, but he's just a little tired at the moment, so he's not thinking completely straight. ;p And many thanks to Farasha for beta-ing this chapter for me.
 
0o0o0o0o0o
 
Tatsumi hated insomnia. He had very little time for sleep as it was, so anything that kept him from his well-earned rest tried his patience to the extreme.
 
It didn't help that Watari was currently asleep next to him, blonde hair fanned out across both of their pillows. His lover's breathing was deep and even, and as Tatsumi glanced over, his smile was visible even in the darkness of their bedroom.
 
Smiling faintly, Tatsumi rolled onto his side to watch Yutaka sleep. It was a simple joy that he had found since their relationship began. One that he had never known he was missing. There had been no lover during his lifetime, and for a very long time, only thoughts of Tsuzuki in his afterlife.
 
Yutaka interrupted his thoughts, which were turning increasingly somber, by rolling onto his side. Now facing Tatsumi, the scientist inched himself closer to his lover, sighing contentedly as he reached the warmth of his body.
 
Smiling warmly, Tatsumi stifled an urge to chuckle. Trust Yutaka to break him from dark thoughts, even in his sleep. It was one of the many things he loved about the overly-genki scientist.
 
He sometimes wondered how he had missed seeing Yutaka before he had finally moved on from Tsuzuki. He had always known the younger man was there, but not in the same way that he had always been aware of Tsuzuki. It was probably because he had been so focused on Tsuzuki, he had nothing left to spare for anyone else. Sometimes, in his darker moments, Tatsumi wondered how badly that must have hurt the other man over the years. He never gave voice to those thoughts, however. Yutaka would deny it, anyhow.
 
Yutaka moved restlessly, muttering something under his breath as he rolled over again, facing away from him now. Reaching out, Tatsumi carefully pulled his sleeping lover to him, until he was spooning him. They fit well together.
 
There was so much Tatsumi had discovered over the course of their relationship, not the least of which was the fact that he did actually have a sense of humor - something he knew their colleagues would deny - after all. He had also learned that there was indeed more to life - or afterlife - than work. Among …other things that Yutaka had taught him. The man was shameless - not that Tatsumi would have it any other way.
 
“Mmm, took you long enough, Seiichiro,” yawned Yutaka sleepily. “I was getting lonely all the way over there.”
 
“We can't have that, can we?” murmured Tatsumi, his arms tightening automatically to draw the other man closer. His reward was a pleased sigh from his lover.
 
“Have I ever told you how much I enjoy this?” asked the blonde.
 
“Not in the last…24 hours or so, no,” replied Tatsumi, mock-seriously, his breath leaving him in an audible “ooof,” when his lover playfully elbowed him in the stomach. “Ouch.”
 
“Want me to kiss it and make it better?” Yutaka asked playfully, turning around in his arms.
 
“What took you so long?” Tatsumi returned, before leaning in to kiss his lover. If he had to have insomnia, this was the best possible way to have to “suffer” through it.
It may have taken him a long time, but Tatsumi was very glad that he didn't miss out on Watari Yutaka. They complimented each other in ways he had never thought possible. And for the first time ever, the kagetsukai felt whole - Watari was his home.