Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Lullaby ❯ Dust in the Wind ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Lullaby

By: Lacus Klein


Notes: Okay, so this fic is getting close to the end. There's going to be a sequel, though I'm thinking it might turn into a bit of a crossover. Anyways, you definately haven't seen the last of this. For those who like it, and unfortunately, those who don't. BTW, chapter six happened right after the Light of Life one shot. Just so everyone's strait. The ending might confuse people if I don't say that.


Chapter Seven

Dust in the Wind



Watari tucked Myobi in and watched her sleep. Beside the door, he felt Tatsumi watching. "Do you really think there's something going on with them?" Watari asked as he walked out with him and they closed the door quietly.

"It's too convient that Myobi's displaying powers and Akiko isn't worried." Tatsumi admitted, leaning against the wall.

"I suppose. But they did expect her to have something more. Maybe they're figuring it to be normal development." Watari reasoned.

But Tatsumi shook his head. "Not after the incident yesterday." he said.

Watari bit is lip, looking down. He recalled all too well what he was talking about. Myobi had been out playing and one of the shinigami from another sector had approached her. Apparently, he did something to frighten her. All they really knew aside from those speculations was that he'd been attacked by... something. And Myobi hadn't done anything. She had just stood there, watching him be dragged off and torn up. It was hardly the typical behavior of any two year old, and there were rumors flying that she had caused whatever happened.

"If she did, she didn't mean it." Watari finally whispered.

"You and I know that. But somehow, I don't think the others will take so kindly to it. Especially after seeing one of our own nearly torn about by some creature that we can't even seem to find." Tatsumi admitted.

"But, she's just a child. Even if she did, she probably didn't know any better. And we could teach her not to cause such things." Watari offered.

Tatsumi sighed. He did want to agree with that. But he knew that with all the fuss that was going on, it would be easier said then done. Some of the others were showing signs that they feared the child. And perhaps they were right to.

Meanwhile, Myobi opened her eyes and stared at the snow globe beside her bed. Reaching over, she picked it up and held it. "Papa is worried." she whispered, running her hand over it.

She looked over at the door and listened to the muffled voices on the other side. Then she turned and looked over the side of her bed, hanging her head down to look under it. "Am I bad, Lucky?" she asked softly.

"No. You were afraid." a voice hissed out softly. Two red eyes stared back at her.

"Then why are they so upset?" Myobi asked.

"They don't understand." Lucky said.

Myobi sat up and picked up her snow globe, bringing it down for him to see. "Look, it's snowing again." she said, making the fake snow swirl.

Lucky reached out a long paw, touching it. "Do you know why it only snows in there?" he asked.

Myobi shook her head, blond curls falling over her face. "No. Why?"

"Because it cannot change. Some things are suppose to be made that way. That is why they do not understand. You have caused 'change'." Lucky explained.

The sound of the door opening made Myobi sit back up. "Myobi? What are you doing leaning over your bed?" Watari asked, coming in and pulling her up.

"Talking." Myobi said.

Watari smiled, making her lay back down and covering her up. "Sometimes I wonder if you've made friends with the monster under the bed. You're always talking to dark places." he joked.

"But Lucky likes dark places. We always talk there." Myobi said.

"Oh, Lucky again? What were you talking about?" Watari asked, curious but not really concerned. Lucky was her imaginary friend. Or, at least, so he thought.

Myobi just smiled. "It's a secret."

Watari just humored her and kissed her goodnight. But as he walked out, he didn't notice the red eyes following his every move from under the bed.

_________________________________________________________________


"This isn't a good sign, now is it?"

The Count sat back in his chair and pushed the photos back to Akiko. She nodded solemnly. "No. And everyone knows that somehow she caused it." she admitted.

"So the question is, what is there to do now?" the Count said. He sighed heavily. Somehow he'd expected a child to be trouble.

"The king is very concerned. The truth is, he wants her eliminated." Akiko whispered. It almost pained her to say it.

The Count nodded. "All that fear over a single child. What did he expect? For her to be complient to everything and everyone? She's a child, and her powers are more they likely still in the early development stage." he said.

"Yes. And from what I'm seeing, they're only getting better. She's creating things from wandering spirits now. Just small things, but perhaps what attacked that shinigami was one of her creations as well. God knows if she can take something as simple of a bit of spirit energy and give it a consciousness, then what could she create?" Akiko explained.

"So this is what happens when shadow and life force magic combine." the Count said thoughtfully.

Akiko sighed. "I don't want to kill her. She's only a little girl, and her powers could be benificial as she gets older. But there's so much fear right now, I may not have a choice." she whispered.

The Count watched her for a moment, thinking it over. He agreed that he'd rather not see the child killed. He'd become quite fond of her. And her potential was inviting as well. That was when he got an idea. "Then she will die. Only, that's what everyone will think." he said quietly.

Akiko looked up. "Sir?" she said, not quite comprehending what he'd meant.

"We're going to make everyone believe the girl is dead. In the meantime, we'll hide her." the Count explained.

"But how? If we do, then we'll have to convince Tatsumi and Watari that as well." Akiko said. She hated to think of what would happen then. Those two were very attatched to their child, and if there was the slightest hint to them that she was in danger, they'd probably find a way to take off with her.

The Count just nodded. "It has to be done. And I think I have a plan."

________________________________________________________________________ _________________


Myobi sat in the playroom and finished with her building blocks. Nearby, in the shadows, Lucky watched. "You have company." he said as the lights came around her again.

"They like to watch. And they want to live too." Myobi said, reaching out and touching them gently.

"You must be careful when giving life though." Lucky warned.

"I know. I will give it when I need them." Myobi said as they floated away.

Nearby, the door opened. Myobi looked over to see Akiko come in. "Good morning Myobi-chan." she said, coming over and kneeling beside her.

"Good morning." Myobi said, turning back to her blocks.

"Would you like to come meet someone with me? I promise we won't be long." Akiko said softly.

Myobi looked at her for a moment, then nodded. "Okay." she agreed.

As she got up, Lucky darted into her shadow to follow. Something didn't seem right to him. Akiko took her hand as they walked out of the center. "Are you feeling better today Myobi-chan?" she asked her.

"Yes. Are you still mad at me?" Myobi said.

"Of course not. We're not mad at you for what happened. It wasn't your fault." Akiko told her. She knew it was a half truth at least.

They entered the hall of candles and stopped in a back room. "Why are we here?" Myobi asked, looking around. Behind her, Lucky waited to see what was going on.

Akiko took out a doll from a large bundle of blankets. She looked like Myobi, with long blond hair and blue eyes. She was even the same height. "You see this doll, Myobi-chan? I want you to bring it to life." Akiko told her.

"Why?" Myobi asked, not quite understanding what she meant. Why would a doll need life?

"Because, she's going to be you." Akiko whispered.

Myobi stared at her. "Me?" she said.

"Yes. You'll understand soon. Now, please?" Akiko asked her.

Reluctantly, Myobi brought up her hands and place them close to the doll's chest. A soft light shown for several seconds before the doll became soft and real. The two girls stared back at each other. But before Myobi could say anything, Akiko gently touched her face and knocked her out. Lucky retreated into her, his power drained without his master. Akiko held the child and gently kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry Myobi. But this is all I can do."

TBC

Notes: Cliff hanger. Man, it's been a while since the last update, hasn't it? Sorry 'bout that to all that have been waiting. Dramatic conclusions to come. Oh, and also, if anyone's wondering about Lucky, Myobi made him too. He'd the one who attacked that other shinigami if you haven't already figured that out. And just what is the Count's plan? You'll see soon!