Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot ❯ part 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistletoe Conspiracy Plot

By Mikarin

Summary: It seems no one its safe this Christmas. Not even Tatsumi. There is a force at work and it's not hiding. Booby traps, hidden surprises, random kamikaze attacks and... Julia Child?. TxH mainly. But, no one is really safe.

Standard disclaimer applies.

A/N: I had a computer but no internet connection for sustenance. I stayed at my parents for a whole week (8 whole days). Thank God for my large supply of Anime. Oh, and thanks to my supplier(s). ^_^. The phone was inaccessible. Every time I connected I had to disengage immediately, because someone just had to use the line. So, I'll be uploading this story as I edit my mistakes. Sorry it's late, but it gives me time for re-writes and updates. Sometimes I write so fast, I can't see my hands. I'm just flight by the seat of my pants.
This was originally a short fic just to test the waters since this will be my first of this type. I'm a reader. But now I want more. (It seems I can't live without my daily dose of fanfics.)

Hisoka's nerves were at an end. He flopped himself on nearby sofa, finally alone and very tired. He closed his eyes for a moment and allowed himself to lie down. Breathing short and shallow, he felt his heart had been running for miles, the way it felt in his chest against the sofa. His ribs hurt his head felt heavy.

Even Tatsumi had not been spared this time. Not this year. It was Christmas again, the most frightening time of the year, by one decimal point higher than Valentine's, and steadily climbing with each passing hour.

He managed to rise again and slouch against the sofa, breathing a little more normal. He would stay here and find something to read.

Only the Gushoshin resided here and they wouldn't allow anyone to defile their sanctuary. They were guarding the door when he teleported in. They said attempts had been made but measures had been already procured. No explanations were given and he didn't ask. They smiled secretly, or so he felt but allowed him safe passage. After all, they understood.

"Hiding Kurosaki-kun?" It was not really a question.

He's back stiffened and turned around slowly.

"Tatsumi-san?"

The secretary was seated a short distance from him hiding behind a pile of books. More like a barricade, and then Hisoka heard a grunt from behind.

"And Terazuma." The secretary added eyeing to his side. Hisoka couldn't see him.

"We're trapped like dogs in a kennel." Terazuma said bitterly with a hint of sarcasm.

"Terazuma has been here since before lunch." Tatsumi then said. "You're welcome to join us. I brought plenty of work to keep us busy."

Hisoka sweat dropped. But quickly shrug it off and walked over to the table to entertain himself for a while. He had already finished all of his work since morning. And he had no desire to go back to the madness outside.

That morning a very over-enthusiastic Tsuzuki gave him fair warning of the dangers that lay ahead as he accidentally and without thinking looked at the little green branch that hanged over the doors of the building. As soon as Hisoka realized what it was, stealthily, took one step back, froze for a moment and turned around leaving the rest of the stairs behind him, teleporting into their offices. Leaving a very confused Tsuzuki, scratching his head, wondering where his younger partner disappeared, after he turned around-looking and hopping-to cease the chance to plant a wet one on him. What perfect opportunity!

Just whose idiotic idea was it to hang that at the entrance? Why Wakaba and Watari in their ever lasting mission to spread the Christmas spirit. That was before he realized who else was in the conspiracy.

Hisoka had not been safe for long for as soon as he made an effort to go through the door that belong to the office he shared with Tsuzuki, he was targeted.

His eyes bugged out and almost lost his balance as two very enthusiastic girls stood by and saw him come through. He slapped the door firmly before they dived, threw the lock on for good measure, and planted himself against it to prevent them from breaking in. Tsuzuki had been surprised and a very angry Hisoka threw him a death glare before he decided that he could wait.

About mid-morning, his older partner was on a fit for sweets and Hisoka was not letting him leave the office, at least not through the door. The Hokkaido girls were out there. Of course they were here, the annual Christmas party wouldn't be the same without them trying to slip him into a dress as a Christmas present for them.

Fifteen minutes of whining, screaming and flying books later, Hisoka lost and let him out. He seemed to be doing a lot of that lately, he thought.

As soon as Tsuzuki stepped through the door he was attacked like a poor defenseless animal by wild beasts. Hisoka threw all of his weight onto the door and locked himself in, once again, leaving a poor Tsuzuki out to hang. Thirty minutes more he hear some noises from the other side of the door. Scratching at the bottom.

Tsuzuki. His emotions so loud he began to give him a headache. He opened the door and Tsuzuki fell in, arms full of treats.

The girls had brought him his favorites. As he was about to step outside himself, he felt himself stiffen with the feeling of a predator lurking near by, from behind. His eyes went wide once again as he slowly looked back to see the puppy had this feral grin on his face. Hisoka hesitated to move wondering what he had done to provoke such a change; Tsuzuki was no longer paying attention to his treats, his arms loosening his stronghold on them.

"What?" He asked very carefully and eyeing him suspiciously. His eyebrows coming together, trying to decipher that strange grin that simply got wider and silly, but nonetheless.... Hungry?

Hisoka wondered what appetite had to do with him? Was Tsuzuki going delirious from hunger that he was beginning to see him as nothing more than an éclair glaring back at him still holding the door open? If it had been anyone else, he would've thought Muraki was nearby lurking and watching him. But this is Tsuzuki, food first and foremost in his mind.

Hisoka turned, yes, still keeping an eye on his freaky partner, he felt he should probably watch his back, just in case.

In case of what? In case Tsuzuki in his delirium decided to take a bite and with Tsuzuki's eating habits, he feared he might actually get swallowed whole. A habit that was beginning to annoy him ever since that few weeks back when Tsuzuki liked his cheek thinking he was ice cream, explanation being, 'you're so cold and sweet 'Soka-chan'. He grated his teeth and slapped him over the head. After being thoroughly licked, he felt Tsuzuki's thought patterns still lingering on vanilla ice cream with a new addition, apple pie. Mmm, vanilla ice cream, apple pie, and Hisoka. Hisoka could only blush but Tsuzuki was still thinking about food. Tsuzuki's feelings about food were so strong it was like flash cards for Hisoka.

The moment he crossed the threshold, however, Hisoka saw it, from his side view making a mad dash for him. Distracted in only for a fraction of a second, Tsuzuki dived after him screaming enthusiastically. "Hi- so -ka."

"Kyaaaa!"

TBC...

[Contructive Critisism welcome.]