Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Neko Neko, Watari ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

Neko Neko, Watari!

By: Authoress K. C.

~~~

*squee* *squee* I've found the CUTEST guy in my Psyc class! *pout* Unfortunantly, I don't think he even knows who I am. *deep, forlorn sigh* *gush* But he's CUUUUUTE! *cough* Anyhoo... I was thinking about Wa-chan. *squee* Watari! *heart heart* I've desided, he's just too pretty. So, into my pretty AU land with him! *makes drum roll on her pretty white desk on which Fluffy-the-Computer sits* And, Enjoy Minna!

~~~

Watari sighed and peered out the window of the apartment, staring at the falling rain. Then, a face popped up and he screamed, tumbling back. The face grinned and the lips parted, the person was laughing at him. A moment later, they had teleported into his apartment.

"Ohaaaaayo! You ARE Watari-sama, hai?"

Watari nodded carefully.

"Hai. Dare?"

The girl, there was no way it was guy, grinned and bowed. She had a very natural Kyoto accent.

"Kitty, Kitty V. The V is for Vicious. Its just a nick name. My name really IS Kitty though. Kitty Yokohayo. My 'Tosan had a weird sense of humor, and he loved cats."

The girl's long hair was pale bleach white and hung in soaking curls to her waist and her eyes were perfectly crystal clear, litterally, like glass. Her skin was dark and she was tall and willowy. She wore a white tanktop and a pair of black shorts with some old leather sandles.

"I was told I was going to have to stay with someone named Watari until there was a vacant apartment for me to snitch, and that I was going to be paired up with the person. I guess, that means you! Its nice too meet you Watari-sama!"

The girl grinned. She had to much energy. She sat down on the floor, soaking wet. Watari ran and grabbed a towel and threw it too her.

"Dry off, you'll make the carpet mildew, and then I have to change it."

The girl grinned and rubbed her hair dry before folding the towel and sitting on it cheerfully.

"That better, Watari-sama?"

"Don't call me that. Just call me Watari."

"But, you're like, a couple decades my elder, I'm SUPPOSED to call you Watari-sama."

The girl sniffled suddenly. Her accent was flawless. She had to be from Kyoto. She looked at her hands and tears dripped steadilly down her face.

"I LIKE calling you Watari-sama..."

Watari felt his annoyance crumbling. He knew he was a sucker, and this girl seemed to know that on instinct. He caved.

"Oh, all right. Watari-sama it is then."

The tears stopped immediantly and he KNEW he'd been had. He'd seen Tatsumi turn on those same crocodile tears, but this girl was just a much better actress. She bounced up and tossed her arms around his chest in a quick, damp hug before opening his front door and pulling in a suit case with wheels.

"Uhm, Watari-sama, where will I sleep? I'd ask if you had another bedroom, but I know you don't, will I sleep on the couch?"

"Uhm.... Hai. I think you'll have too."

"Sugoi! I love sleeping on peoples couches! Yatta!"

Her accent was DEFINANTLY natural. No one could squeel that well and STILL keep a fake accent. The girl wrung out her hair into the towel and then opened the suit case. It bust open, over flowing with clothes and things. The girl scooped up some things and danced happilly towards the bathroom.

"I'm gonna go have a bath, okay, Watari-sama? I promise not too use all the hot water, and not to take three hours."

"Hai. Go ahead."

Watari stared in slight shock after her. He'd never seen a happier shinigami that wasn't highly annoying. Yuma and Saya were annoying while being cheerful. This Kitty person was very polite and fun in her cheeriness.

---

Watari woke to a squeel.

"Aiya! Sugoi! You must be Hisoka-sama! And his partner Tsuzuki-sama! Welcome. I'll go see if Watari-sama is awake and feeling up to guests this early in the morning, you two wait RIGHT THERE, okay?"

Watari blinked as doors slammed and feet pounded. Then there was a jarring thud against his door and a muttered 'itai no da...' before there was a polite knock.

"Watari-sama? Tsuzuki-sama and Hisoka-sama are here, are you desent? Can I come in?"

"Hai, hai, and hai."

The door opened and the girl flew into the room and landed with a bounce on the bed.

"Hisoka-sama and Tsuzuki-sama are in the living room, are you coming out? WE have to go too work."

"Hai, hai. I'm coming."

Watari smiled and the girl gave another squeel before leaping off the bed and running energetically down the hall.

"TSUZUKI-SAMAAAAA! HE'S COMIIIIIIING! AIYA!"

There was deep laughter from the livingroom and Watari quickly dressed and washed up before leaving his room, glasses perched precariously on his nose.

"Ohayo minna. This is Kitty Yokohayo, Kitty V is her nickname, the V stands for Vicious she tells me. I see you three are all ready making friends."

"Haaaaaai! No DA!"

Kitty grined from her place, back-a-pack on Tsuzuki's back. Hisoka's hair was ruffled erratically and there was a nice pink lip print on his cheek. He looked like he'd been thoroughly glomped.

"Well, lets go. Kitty, are you going to ride up there."

"Haaaaaaai! No da!"

Watari smiled and walked with them, Kitty ridding on Tsuzuki's back. The girl hopped down when they entered the work place and Tatsumi gave a stern glare at the troupé.

"WHO is that?"

"This is Kitty Yokohayo."

"Oh, Yokohayo. Ohayo. You are Watari-kun's new partner than."

"Hai! No DA! You are, Tatsumi-sama?"

"Tatsumi only, the formality is not nessicary."

Watari grinned as the girl sniffled, turning on the tears as she wilted. Her Kyoto was perfection itself.

"B-but... I want to call you Tatsumi-sama... You're my elder... I- *sniff* It's only right... Isn't it?"

The girl's voice broke and the tears streamed as her bottom lip pouted out, quivering. Tatsumi was cracking quickly.

"Its too formal, we'll be talking quite a bit and... And I don't... Oh dear, don't cry, Girl... Please stop crying... Oh dear... Watari?"

"She calls me Watari-sama. She even adds it to Hisoka's name."

"Oh dear... Well then... I suppose, I'll get used too it... Fine, please don't cry, you can call me Tatsumi-sama."

The girl's tears shut off and Tatsumi's face was a picture. He just realized he'd been had. Kitty grinned.

"ARIGATOOOOOOO! Tatsumi-samaaaaaaa!"

Watari laughed as Tatsumi sighed and covered his face with a hand.

"I take it you were had this fashion. Watari."

"Hai. She's good though."

"Hai... Go on... Before They appear."

"MIIIIIINNA!!!!!!"

Watari laughed and ran off, leaving Kitty with Tatsumi.

"Have fun! Send her on in when they've gone!"

---

Tatsumi gave a heavy sigh as Yuma and Saya appeared and smothered him.

"Tatsumi-san! Ohaaaaaayooooo! We heard Watari-san was getting a new partner, a real one, and we wanted to meet it!"

"Ano... Kitty?"

"Meep! Hide me Tatsumi-sama! They're scaring meeeeeeeee! IIEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

The girl hid behind him, clutching his jacket in her hands. Tatsumi sighed. Just great. An energy ball afraid of two of its own kind.

"Kitty, how in the world can you be afraid of Yuma and Saya?"

"They're gross! Oh, I've done MY homework. I'm cheery, but I'm not annoying about it. I don't like the ANNOYING kind of cheery people, they scare me. Make them leeeeeave Tatsumi-sama!!!!!"

Tatsumi looked at Yuma and Saya who were trying to look around behind him too see Kitty.

"Ano. Yuma-san, Saya-san, go away. She doesn't feel up to meeting you today. Maybe you can find her later, with Watari."

"Haaaaaaaai! Jaaaaaaaaa neeeeeeeeee Tatsumi-saaaaaaaaaaaaan!"

The girls ran off, leaping and bounding along. Kitty popped out and pulled down her eyelid and blew a raspberry at their backs.

"Beeeeeeedah! They're scary. I'll be at Watari-sama's if you need me! JA!"

The girl scampered off, there wasn't another word for it, and vanished through a doorway.

"Aiya..."

---

Tsuzuki was doing his paper work, something that was very boring, when someone pounced on his desk, sending papers sailing across the room.

"Ohayoooooooo minnaaaaaaa!"

The crystal clear eyes gleamed at him and he laughed.

"Ohayo Kitty."

"Are you STILL doing paperwork, Tsuzuki-sama? Get DOOOOONE and come PLAY with meeeeee!"

The girl hopped off and swung around his neck innocently, hugging him. Tsuzuki hugged her back.

"Soon as I can, Kitty."

"Haaaaaai! Jaaaaa!"

He laughed as the girl bounded off. Hisoka glared at him and he blinked.

"Nani?"

"Nan demo nai yo..."

"I know better. Nani, you think I like her more than you, cause she's a girl? Nope. Love you, like her. She's fun, and playful, but damn your sexy."

Tsuzuki watched Hisoka blushed a mutter something uner his breath as he hurridly began to scribble his name onto the papers that needed it.

---

Kitty-kun was bouncing around in the relitivly empty domed room when a weight rammed into her back and a trio of voices trilled in her ear.

"KITTY!"

"GYYYYYYAAAAAAA!!!! Burnout, Smoulder and Incinerate! What are you doing here?!"

"We're shinigami's toooo!"

Burnout was red haired, but it was sort of strung out and he had odd green eyes that were glassed over and he always had a ciggarette hanging from his mouth. He wore tight black spandex pants and a stone-washed blue jean jacket with no shirt under it. Smoulder had red hair as well, but it was pulled back with a couple of antenne like stands hanging to either side of his blue eyes. Incincerate had red hair spiked up in a gravity defying way.

(Think Vegeta from DBZ, if you know who I'm talking about.)

His black eyes were dark. Smoulder wore a pair of jeans and a black tank top, while Incinerate wore a pair of jeans with a gray sweatshirt. They had been her friends in life.

"What happened?! How'd you die?!"

"Uhm, well, his habit killed him."

"It did not. That shit was LACED man!"

"Whatever, your habit got you canned. Uhm, I got shot and then, well..."

"I jumped off the Tokyo Tower."

"YOU BAKAS!"

Kitty sighed. Burnout laughed.

"Ahhh, it ain't so bad. We gotta take care a Fyr, C. Incarnate and Ember."

Then Kitty found herself glompped.

"I'm doooooone~!"

"Tsuzuki-sama!!!!"

Kitty turned and glomped him back, swinging around happilly.

"You can play with me now! OH! Meet my friends. They're new shinigami's. This is Burnout, Smoulder and Incinerate. Guys, this is Tsuzuki-sama!"

"OHAAAAAAAAYOOOOOOOO!"

Kitty grinned as the three chorused the word with matching grins. The Flame heads. Kitty grinned.

"They were my gang. The Flame Gang. Now, there are only three surviving members. Fyr, Ember and C. Incarnate. Her names really Cassandra, but she calls herself Chaos Incarnate and we shortened it down too C. Incarnate. Ember, always looked like hes glowing. Fyr, has a temper like a bomb. Incinerate, is a pyromaniac. He's come pretty fecking close to burning himself into a crispy critter. Smoulder, has a temper too. He'll sit and build up his anger and let it, well, smoulder. Burnout, drug addict, he's burnt out on weed."

"Heyya."

Burnout spoke somewhat zonedly. Kitty giggled and hugged on Tsuzuki.

"I'm glad you're done!! I was about to come in there wen they attacked me. They hurt me, slap them with a feather."

Smoulder laughed and pulled his fingers down in a line, twisted his wrist and a feather seemed to twist right out of the air. Smoulder did true magic. He could conjure anything. Kitty took the feather, everything he made was totally real, and handed it to Tsuzuki who hit them all with it with a cheerful grin. Then he tickled Kitty's neck with it.

"Ack! IIE! Not ME!"

"What is going on here."

"Tatsumi-samaaaaaaaaaaa!!"

Kitty squeeled, knowing her Kyoto-born accent could be misinterperated at times, and launched herself at the prudeish, snooty shinigami. She hugged him tightly, tears forming at the corners of her eyes until he hugged her back and her tears vanished.

"Ohayo! Uhm, is there a problem, Tatsumi-sama?"

"Iie. I was only wondering, who those ruffians are."

"Oh! My old friends. They seem to have met untimly ends and been accepted as Shinigami since they still are connected by our old friends still living. Of course, those same friends are my reasons for being a shinigami. Don't they need experianced partners, Tatsumi-sama?"

"Hai... Unfortunantly, the only unpartnered shinigami is myself, and I am hardly active in the field."

"Oh, uhm, Smoulder! Smoulder loves office work. He used to do odd jobs around the Kyoto business district as a volunteer. Filing, case-studies, various organization details, note taking at important meetings whe the main people were going to be late and needing to be familiar with what was going on. He's good."

"Well.... Smoulder? All right. Can you file in alphabetical order, by file size and date?"

"Hai, its a cinch. Date first, size and then alphabetize is the simplest way to do it. That way you get the dates straight, and you don't have to worry about trying to find the right dated section."

"You're going to work with me then. Uhm.... I don't know what to do with you two... I can't pair you up with anyone here..."

"They can hang out with Tsuzuki-sama, Hisoka-sama, Watari-sama and I until you can figure something out! That way, if Tsuzuki-sama and Hisoka-sama think they need extra hands, they'll have them, but they'll learn a bit of methodical research too, with Watari-sama. And Smoulder is a conjurer too. He does REAL magic. Not rabbit in a hat, but he makes REAL objects."

"Ahhh... I like your suggestion and thank you for the tips. We'll do as you suggest."

"Arigato Tatsumi-sama!"

Kitty lept onto him again and he hugged her. She was breaking him down! She let go and smiled, leaping onto Burnout's back and letting him hold her back-a-pack.

"What do you wanna do, Tsuzuki-sama?"

Tsuzuki grinned and shrugged. Then Hisoka popped out.

"Tsuzuki, we have an assignment!"

"What is it?"

"Its.... Not quite routine...."

"Here, uhm.... Incinerate-kun, you can come with, Kitty, you and Burnout-kun stay here."

"Haaaaaaai no da!"

Kitty grinned and teleported into Watari's lab.

"Watari-sama!"

Kitty hopped down and hugged Watari tightly. He was a very nice man, and pretty, and Kyoto-born, but with an horrid Kansai dialect from being raised in Osaka. Kitty was hoping to remedy that someday.

"Watari-sama, what are you doing? OH! What does this machine do?!"

Kitty smiled. She'd been in an escalator school, and was about to go into the college her high school connected with, but she'd died. She was a science major, getting a minor in medicine.

Watrai came over and proudly began to explain. Kitty smiled and listened and reached out. She tapped the button panel.

"So, you're saying, that, this reads the differant waves of the brain, alpha, beta, theta, delta and mu? Oh wow... We had a model in class, in high school, but it didn't really work, it only simulated it... It could be set from average, to below average, or way above average frequencies. I've always wanted to use a real one. My major was Science, but I was minoring in medicine... Wow..."

The man smiled, proud that someone appriciated what he did. Then she heard Burnout.

"Ahou..."

"Iie! Don't you start Burnout! Just because you wanted to get out of school, doesn't mean I'M not still interested in finishing my education! I WANTED TO BE A SCIENTIST! And a small practicioner of medicine. It wasn't my fault I died..."

Kitty sniffled. She'd died...

---

Watari was happy that Kitty liked his machine, but he blinked as her emotions down-shifted into sadness and her clear eyes became cloudy. Her arms wound around her and she shuddered.

"I died... It wasn't...my idea... I was supposed to come back... but.... They tricked me... Left me there... And I didn't get too... Too finish... It was so important..."

Watari came over and hugged her.

"What happened?"

"I- They-... I don't want to talk about it."

"Do you want me to hook up the machine while you tell me, and we can measure you brain waves?"

"Uhm... Sure."

Watari helped her onto the table while the boy stood off too the side, ciggarette dangling lazily. Watari quickly and efficiently attached the probes and sat next too her. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"It was supposed to be something so simple. An experiment. I was about to major in science and minor in medicine, since I was at an escaltor school. So, we were going to do a simple experiment about the human soul. It was supposed to take four minutes. They lay me down, these other science majors, that I knew disliked me...."

Watari blinked. She'd hung around those whe despised her?

"We lay me down, in the park, an unused section, so no one would interupt... We detached my physical and spirit selfs, and it was done easilly enough, but the human body would shut down totally in five minutes, we had to get me back in at least four, and I couldn't just reenter..."

Warati frowned. He was sure this was going to be a downer.

"They conjured me out, made sure I was shut down then laughed and ran off, leaving me there... Hanging above my body.... I- I couldn't.... they didn't put me back.... I was there for days.... Watari-sama.... I saw myself DIE! Its not fair! They only disliked me because I came from a better background, from good parents, and I had the highest grades in the school! Thats why they did it! But, I was nice to them, I liked EVERYONE, they only disliked me.... I had to watch myself die..."

Watari detached the probes and went to check on the readings. Some were abnormally high. That shouldn't have happened too her. Her parents were probably very upset.

"Ne, Watari-sama... Can I.... Check on people? Like, so I can see them again?"

"Hai, unless we're in human guise, they can't see us. Not unless they're very close too death or they have high spirit awareness."

"How do you do it?"

"There's an enterance from here.... Here, I'll help you go through, I'll show you what to do."

Watari helped her off the table and looked at the boy, Burnout.

"You'll be getting out of here with us, I can't leave you in the lab. 003 wouldn't like it."

"Watari-sama.... You're awfully close to that bird..."

The girl's good natured humor was returning, she was smiling. Watari laughed.

"Thats right. He's my friend, I confide in him."

Kitty smiled and trotted along behind him. He paused at the enterance.

"Now, you won't be able to interact with them, and they can't see or hear you, so don't try to touch them, they'll get uncomfortable. Did you have pets?"

"Cats. My father loved cats. I had three. Button, Flamer and SkizzleStik."

"Cats that are familiar too you may try to crowd where you stand. The others may shy away, unless you were close too them also."

"Okay."

Kitty smiled and he turned and her through. He cautioned Burnout to stay at the enterance and make up excuses for their absence.

Watari led her through the enterance and they came out in Kyoto. She smiled and streached her arms over her head. Then she walked off towards something, arms crossed behind her head. Watari trailed her, admiring the scenery. He'd been to Kyoto for a while, but his Kansai dialect was pratty much ingrained into him.

Watari followed her as she turned corners and followed alleys. Finally they stepped into a street full of huge homes on hills with lawns the size of small farms and backyards the size of several large football stadiums. She smiled and raced down to the largest house set back on a high hill. She passed through the opened gates and hurried up the long, winding drive.

"Ne, Watari-sama, can I walked through things like a ghost?"

"No."

"Bummer!"

The girl opened a small door on the side of the house and stepped inside. She sighed and looked around. There was a lot of crystal, a lot of fancy decorations.

"I used to hate this place... Because my parents never appriciated me for me.... But, I wish I were still here... There's one of my cats. SkizzleStik. Skizz! C'mere Skizzle!"

Watari watched as the cat turned and padded over, curling around the girl's ankles. She knelt down and stroked its head gently, then scratched it under the chin for a moment.

"Hey Skizzle... Where's Button and Flamer?"

A red cat with a black tail tip and a cat that was blue-gray padded in side-by-side.

"Flamer, Button, c'mere kitty kitty kitty!"

The cat's ears perked up and they dashed over and purred around her. Karie was smiling, hugging her cats.

"Hello... I'm sorry, Mommy misses her babies.... Yes.... Oh, who's coming, tell me."

Flamer yowled.

"Its Mother!"

Watari sighed as she stood up, cats curled up at her feet as a tall, stately woman walked in. She looked like someone who was very sour. Her mouth was pinched and her hair was pulled back too tight, her clothes were too pressed and she looked all around snooty. The only resemblence to Kitty was the woman's eyes which were the same pristine clear.

"Ugh, those stupid cats.... I never could get rid of them while, Kittens Paw Yokohayo was alive. Maybe now I can throw you out!"

Watari was shocked! Her daughter had died recently, here she was, already being a cold, heartless person and trying to get rid of the cats! Kitty looked as crestfallen as he thought she might be. Her eyes were full of tears and her jaw had dropped. Her voice was a low, angry whisper.

"She's so horrible... She's so awful, Watari, I can't do anything about it... I just DIED! And she still hates me! Oh god, why do I even BOTHER?!"

Kitty turned away and ran through a doorway, cats yowling and streaming after her. Watari followed her up to a stair case with a big marble fountain in the middle of the huge room. She smiled as she looked into the fountain. The spout was a a large cat as a ballerina.

"My father's idea.... Button, is Father upstairs?"

The cat purred. Kitty smiled and led the way. Watari followed her too a large room with a set of three computers along one wall, a large bed, a swivle chair that was on wheels and a set of bay windows with heavy drapes.

The drapes were pulled tight, the computers weren't on, and a large man with white curly hair sat in the chair, head in his hands. Kitty looked upset and walked over, kneeling down beside the chair.

"My sweet little girl.... I wonder.... Why it happened? Why would anyone want to kill my Kitty? She was nice to everyone, I don't remember any enemies... Poor Kitty..."

The man murmured broken sentances too himself. Kitty looked so sad.

"Papa Kat.... I'm okay now, please stop being so sad... Don't act like Mother, but please stop crying... Oh, Papa Kat!"

Kitty huddled into the floor, crying into her hands which had risen to cover her face while she cried next to her broken father. Watari suddenly understood. Her Mother diliked her because she was like her father and got the attention, while he father adored her, naturally. Her mother must have thought the daughter should take after the mother, not thinking about genetics at all.

"Kitty, whats wrong with your family?"

"My, my mother hates me, because my father loves me more than he does her and I take so much after him and so little after her.... All I have is her eyes... Papa Kat.... I wish you knew I was next too you, if only you could see me..."

The girl confirmed his theory into hard fact. Watari rose from his seat inside the door and lifted her up.

"Do you REALLY want to take on a human form?"

"Oh, Yes, Watari-sama.... I want to comfort him so bad... I don't LIKE him being upset because of me, I've never been a burden too him, I hate being one now."

"Concentrate really hard then, of course, I'll appear with you, Shinigami pairs can't take the form alone."

Kitty's eyes closed and her mouth tightened before she seemed more anchored. She blinked and smiled suddenly. Watari felt his own gravity. He stepped up too her side and lifted her cat, Button, up into his arms, while she scooped up SkizzleStik and Flamer and deposited the latter feline into the man's lap.

Her father jumped as the cat landed and looked up with shock.

"Ki- Kitty? Is that you?"

"Hai, Papa Kat.... It's me.... Oh, this is Watari-sama, my partner."

Kitty smiled and hugged SkizzleStik too her. Watari smiled, the other cat lounging peacefully in his arms. The man's tears dried and he reached up to hold her hand.

"Are you real? I saw you at the funeral, you were dead.... Kitty, whats going on?"

Watari broken in and explained the whole Shinigami thing too him slowly then stood out of the way. Kitty smiled and hugged SkizzleStik again.

"Papa Kat.... I hate being a burden too you, please don't be sad. I'll come visit you as often as I can. I promise.... Don't tell Mother. Ugh. Oh, protect my cats, Mother wants to get rid of them since I'm not here anymore."

"WHAT?!"

"Shh, shhhh! Don't be loud, she'll find me and throw me out for a fake. I don't want to deal with her, she doesn't even care that I'm dead. I don't think she's got a heart."

"Kitten.... Give me a hug, Kittens Paw."

Watari smiled as the two deposited the cats gently on the floor and embraced. Kitty was smiling serenely and her father seemed so happy to see her. Finally they released and Kitty smiled, stepping back and clasping her hands behind her back. This seemed to be a mischievious pose foor her, and she leaned forwards, eyes closed and smiling.

"I'm going to shock Mother when I leave, so please don't blurt about me, okay, Papa Kat? No more tears! No more knots! Baibai Papa Kat, I'll be back to see you again. Watari-sama, can I take SkizzleStik back with me? Just Skizzle?"

"I suppose. I don't see why not, unless Konoe has a problem with it."

"YATTA NO DA! C'mon Skizzle, you're going home with mommy, yes you are!"

The cat lept too her and mewed, nuzzling her under the chin. Kitty smiled at her father as she faded from veiw.

"I'll be back!"

Kitty sighed and Watari knew she missed her father already. They left the room and indeed did scare her mother, a cat floating in the air, then the door opening and closing on its own. They left her fainting in the floor.

They reentered the Shinigami workplace and Skizzle immediantly lept to Burnout. The boy caught the cat and Kitty sighed, sitting on the floor with her legs folded.

"Mother is so awful. I don't hate anyone, but for her, I'll make an exception!"

"'S true. She don't hate anybody. She was nice to a bunch a lowlife jackasses like us. Chi.... Her mom's a bitch though, I don't think her mom likes herself much, she just picks on Kitty all the time. But Kitty likes everyone."

Watari nodded whole Burnout held the cat in one arm, the cat laying lazily along the length of the boy muscular limb.

"Watari!"

Tatsumi walked out with Smoulder striding along beside him.

"Hai?"

"You've got the rare assignment. Take them with you. Why is there a cat here?"

"It's mine!"

---

Tatsumi was brushing down his new suit, removing the factory lint and the store debris when there was a quiet knock on his door.

"Enter."

He called the word over his shoulder and the door opened, then a weight leapt onto his back, and warm arms wrapped around his shoulders, a chin on his shoulder.

"Ne, Tatsumi-sama... I have a question."

"Get off my back first, onegai."

The weight vanished and Kitty stood before him, her hands behind her back, leaning forwards a little, head tipped to the side, smiling.

"Can I ask my question now?"

"Hai."

"Will you go shopping with me? See, Tsuzuki and Hisoka and Incinerate are still off on their assignment, Burnout's being watched like a hawk by 003 while Watari's out, and so I don't have anyone to go with. Onegai?"

Tatsumi sat down his brush and sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"You can't just go alone?"

"Of course I could! I just prefer to shop in the company of others. Its easier. You don't get mobbed so much. Oneigai? Tatsumi-sama?"

The girl whined and Tatsumi sighed. He nodded and the girl grabbed his arm.

"Arigato!!! Lets go then!"

"NOW?!"

"Of course, silly goose, when else? Lets go now, you promised."

"Of course..."

Tatsumi was dragged out, in human form, to the town of Kyoto. Kitty, for being dead and from this town, didn't scare anyone. No one even noticed. She walked around quietly, smiling. Apparently, there weren't people in the business district that she knew. Then she grabbed his arm and yanked him over into an alleyway, hiding behind a ladder hung from a rickety metal porch, halfway up a brick building.

"Get DOWN! If they see me, it's all over."

She hissed at him and he grimaced with distaste, hiding behind a brick peice that stuck out a bit.

"What are you talking about, Kitty?"

"The one's than killed me, the one's who left me, there! Those three, the two in the long dusters that make them look like the mafia, and the one in the stripped jumper. Those three killed me, because I was from a better family."

Tatsumi pushed up his glasses and gave himself a small smirk, then gave them sharp chills. All three jerked oddly, and looked over their shoulders, before the two trench coated men moved to either side of the girl, arms going around her, holding her close, protectivly.

"Tch. There goes the Hoover and her two Dicks."

Kitty came out once they were gone and they continued on to their destination. Kitty opened the door to a large store full of things that would give most men nose bleeds; as it was Tatsumi was stifling his with mere will power.

Kitty skipped over to a rack of corsets.

"Hmmm...."

"Can I help you?"

"Iie."

Kitty disregarded the salesperson smartly, making the woman shrink and then scurry behind the counter. Kitty browsed then called Tatsumi over.

"Hold this."

She threw a couple of the more, interesting, variety of corsets over his arms and walked on, pulling him along by the sleeve. She paused and picked a few things off a rack and they also were tossed into his arms. Tatsumi sighed. Apparently this was why she didn't shop alone. She carefully piled things into his arms and then led him to the counter.

"Here, bag this please."

"Cash, credit or check?"

"Credit."

She popped out a plastic card and held it out. Her clear eyes were icy, and her tone was that of a very rich person, used to being waited upon.

"Of course, miss."

The person ran the card, and it didn't run into any problems. The card was handed back.

"I need you to sign this."

"Is this nessicary? I've got other things to do, you know."

The girl recoiled and shook her head.

"No, no, I can still run it without signature. Here, you just go on, I'll take care of it."

"Excelent. Misaki."

She looked at him and he caught the hint, taking the bags, carrying them as she steered. Then, once they were out on the street, she took some. She smiled and the ice was gone from her face.

"I'm sorry, its a shopping thing. Kyoto is big on manly manners. If you hadn't carried things, there would have been a problem. Its the only thing I ever learned from my mother. Everything else is my father's influence."

Tatsumi nodded.

"Misaki?"

"I can't be known as Kitty right now, or people would wonder. And your name is just old. Misaki Tatuma is who you are. I'm Kinawa Takimi, an old friend."

Kitty smiled and then handed back the bags.

"Lunch, Miskai."

Tatsumi sighed. He followed her to a building where she paused him and spoke with the man at the desk. He gestured someone over. Kitty instructed him carefully.

"Take the bags from Misaki, and keep an eye on them, we'll pick them up when we're done. Got it?"

She took the smallest bag and handed it over. Tatsumi saw her give the man some money with the bag and he quickly took them all, and hurried away.

"A good table please."

"Table 15, by the aquarium. You'll spot it."

Kitty nodded and grabbed Tatsumi's wrist.

"Come on, Misaki."

"Yes, Kinawa."

Kitty smiled at him and they got to the table, she waited. Tatsumi hurried and pulled out her chair, then pushed it in, and then sat across from her. A man came over with a pair of menus.

"Here you are, madam. You and your friend let me know when you're ready to order your meals. What would you like to drink."

"A fruit punch. Misaki?"

"Oh, water."

"Of course. Right away."

The man hurried off. Tatsumi opened the menu and stared at it.

"It's French, but, look at the back page, maybe you'll understand it then."

"Oh."

Tatsumi sighed when he found writing he could read. Kitty, however, was zooming past the French.

"What ever you order, let ME choose the wine, it HAS to coordinate, or it will taste AWFUL."

"Of course."

The drinks came back.

"What would you like."

"Mmm, the crab scewers sound good to start with. Misaki?"

"The same. I trust your judgement."

"Two apitizers of crab scewers."

"Of course."

The man walked away and Kitty smiled.

"I've gotten adept at the French. Paper the holding boy, and the others will bend over backwards for a great tip."

"Paper?"

"Paper, paper money, pay him well for his services, give him lots of hard cash."

"Oh. You've got a strange vocabulary."

"How do you say?"

"Duster? Jumper? Paper him? Odd."

"Duster, trench coat. Jumper, turtlenecked pullover. Paper, pay. Simple."

"If you say so."

"Shh."

"Here are your crab scewers. Enjoy."

Kitty nodded and picked up a scewer, dipping the peice of crab into a sauce on the tray.

"Butter sauce. Perfect for crab. You ordered well with the water, it won't hurt the crab."

"Uhm, right."

Tatsumi sighed.

---

It was dark when they stepped back into the shinigami workplace. Tatsumi helped Kitty carry her bags to Watari's apartment. She sat hers down and took his.

"Thanks! It was a fun day, you're a good guy, Tatsumi. Too bad you and Tsuzuki aren't still together, you were real good for him."

Tatsumi spluttered. Kitty hurried him out.

"Go, your suit's getting dusty!"

---

Kitty unpacked her bags and started carrying things into the bathroom. She opened the door and squeeled, dropping her packages.

"GYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

She whipped around and covered her face with her hands. Watari was lounging in crystal clear bath water. It didn't distort ANYTHING!

"K- Kitty!"

---

Watari yelped the girls name loudly as she screamed. He hadn't known where she'd gone, or when she'd be back, so he'd begun his bath, and then she'd burst in upon him.

"Kitty! Stop screaming! These windows aren't made for sonic sounds!"

Watari started to jump up, then thought better and yanked a towel into the tub, coving his lap as she panted for air.

"I'm covered, you can turn around now."

The girl turned and scooped up her things from the floor, holding them in her arms. She stared at him, cheeks pink.

"I didn't think you'd be home yet.... I'm sorry, Watari-sama.... I should have checked.... I went shopping with Tatsumi-sama and didn't even remember to check because I was living with--"

She choked and then blushed feverantly, eyes straying down to where the towel, submerged in water, clung to his skin.

"With a man."

Watari finished with a sigh.

"I understand, its okay. So, what did you buy?"

The girl's face stayed pink but she came and sat on the edge of the tub.

"I took Tatsumi-sama to Kyoto's lowlife shopping district, where you buy street corner clothes, then on into the French café I used to LOVE, until I learned my mother liked it."

"Oh? What did you buy?"

"I bought all SORTS of things. This is all my bath stuff. Here, you wanna see it? I'm an avid supporter of the Vamp collection and of the MeWow! brand. Its a name thing."

She held out a large metal tin. It was black and it had red writing that was sharp edged.

"This is by Vamp. Its bath seeds. They're shaped like drops of blood, and they're black, they turn the water crimson. They don't dye skin, they soften it, and make it smell like fresh yima lillies. Want to try one?"

"Sure!"

Watari smiled. The girl opened the tin and true enough, it was filled with matté black droplets. She picked one up and dropped it into the water. It started bleeding red as it sank. It disolved quickly and the girl swished the water until the whole bath was blood coloured. She closed the tin and smiled.

"Smell that? Its the lillies. Aren't they pretty. I had them at my funeral, their a flower for the dead. Its respectful. But they smell pretty. I always liked them, disturbing as it was to my family."

She put the tin aside and pulled out a bottle of the same type.

"Shampoo. Comes out black turns into red lather. Good for you. Everything is red and black in the Vamp collection. It all smells like yima lillies, but its okay."

Watari nodded. He liked the smell, it was an old kind of pretty.

"Can you grow these yima lillies indoors?"

"Oh yeah, I had some when I died. PapaKat's taking care of them now. I had a will drawn up when I was a few years younger, and everything went to PapaKat. Except my kitties. Those were willed all my money and my barn. And if they died, then all that went to PapaKat. Wait till Mother finds THAT out! That explosion will be felt all the way too HERE! And PapaKat won't ever give it to Mother, he knows I'd disapprove."

She showed Watari the rest of her Vamp things. Then she pulled out a pink and white box.

"This is from MeWow!, it's bath salt. It turns the water pink. But, it smells like yima lillies, which is why I stick with it. I'm a minority that can deal with the cloying scent of yima's. Most people hate the smell, and they can't wear it successfully. I can."

Watari smiled. He liked this yima lilly. He was determined that she would grow some here.

"What else?"

"Well, I still have a lot of my Vamp and MeWow! from when I died, so, I only bought a backup body massage oil. I used it on my calves, my forearms and shoulders. I'm a soccer player and an archer."

"You are? We need good archers on our team!"

"Really? I'm the best! I love archery. Hunting with a bow and arrows is the best, especially if its a draw bow, not a crossbow. Crossbow's are cheating."

"So, thats a massage oil?"

"Yima lilly style!"

Watari looked at the bottle. It was shaped like a cat even.

"You'll have to use a little on me."

"Okay! You like the yima."

"Yep!"

Kitty smiled and sat everything on the shelf she'd taken over. She kept the MeWow! Body Massage Oil and smiled at him.

"You hurry up with that bath, bring some towels into the living room, and I'll use the MeWow! Body Massage Oil on you."

"Right!"

Watari smiled and Kitty walked out of the room.

"KITTY!"

He called her back, and she peeped in.

"Hai?"

"Next time, just knock, I don't care if you're in here, you live here. And if you want to grow some yima lillies, I won't be objecting."

"You're liking the yima."

"Hai!"

Kitty went out of the room laughing. At least she wasn't embarrassed.

Watari hurried his bath and wrapped a fluffy towel around his hips, dragging some more out with him. He stepped into a smokey alcove. It was full of the scent of yima lillies. A lithe figure steped out and smiled at him, eyes shaded behind a thin red scarf. He followed her too a cleared space and saw the huge number of candles lit. Most were black and red, but some were pink and white. The person, Kitty most likely, took a towel and laid it out, then lay him on his stomach, rolling one up for him to rest his head on.

They removed the veil and it was Kitty, her clear eyes smouldering in the candle light. She smiled at him.

"Relax your mind."

She murmured and moved out of sight. Watari closed his eyes as she streached his arms out over his head. Then there was a draft and he meeped. She'd undone his towel!

"Kitty-"

"Shhhh. I'm not going to hurt you. It's BODY Massage Oil."

"Oh."

Watari relaxed. Warm weight settled on the small of his back and she coiled his hair up, and a pair of pins were stuck into it. Her fingers were nimble. He heard her flip open the top of the bottle and warm drops fell on his skin. On on his neck, one on each shoulder blade, and three at the top of his spine. Her hands touched his shoulders and he surrendered control of his body.

---

Watari's back had been done, and she'd done his arms and his legs, and his sides. Even, he blushed faintly, his butt. She had him flip over onto clean towels.

"So no old oil gets mixed. It washes out. Relax your mind."

She wore a black corset with a pair of skin toned spandex pants and soft slippers that had no real sole, they were pure cloth. Silk she said. She was massaging his chest when the door opened.

"Watari- meep! What's going on!?"

Kitty looked up and Watari looked over into started purple eyes.

"Come in and close the door Tsuzuki. You're letting the scent out. Yes?"

Kitty was very calm, though they were in a very compromising position at the moment. Tsuzuki did as she told him and Watari relaxed again. You couldn't very well argue with Kitty. You couldn't, there was that kind of aura about her.

"What are you two doing?"

"I'm using some MeWow! brand Body Massage Oil on him. It smells like yima lillies. D'you like it?"

"Aren't those what is called the Death Lilly? Why do they smell like death?"

"Yes, but they smell sweet and innocent. Not dead. Take a good wiff. Watari and I are enjoying the smell."

Kitty never paused her hands, or took her eyes off her work. Watari was jell-o.

"We got back and I wanted to visit, but you two-"

"Aren't doing anything at all. Tatsumi and I went shopping. I am devoted to the Vamp collection and the MeWow! brand. Watari has found an enjoyment in them. Bath seeds and Body Massage Oil."

"Oh. Are you relaxed, Watari?"

Wtari made a noise in the back of his throat. Her hands were skillfull... And he was so relaxed..... YIPE!

"Watch it!"

Her hands paused and she grinned a little.

"Body. Total body. Don't worry, I'm not going to linger on this area, no WAY. I've never had a boyfriend, or anything like that, I'm pure an innocent in that, so no worries. Relax your mind."

Watari nodded and the words at the end reassured him. He fell limp again and true to her word, she moved on very quickly. Then she pronounced herself finshed and she snapped her fingers. Watari felt so relaxed, but his muscles weren't jell-o anymore. He sat up and looked at her.

"How'd you do that."

"MeWow!'s Book of Old World S&M. Technique number 83, the total workout for the mind. Give each point of the pentagram on each muscle a fleeting touch. Murmur relax the mind, snap once when finished. Its an energy thing."

Watari looked at her. She blushed.

"I memorised it, in case I'd ever get to use it...."

Watari laughed and hugged her.

"You're a master."

"Thanks. I know it must make me sound like a gisha when I said the book was an S&M book, but, it is, I swear, I'm NOT making this up!"

She dug out a book from her suitcase and held it out.

MeWow! Brand Book of Old World Sex&Massage.

Watari started laughing.

"I'm serious!"

"I know, its just funny, you have an S&M book!"

Kitty started giggling.

---

Watari smiled at Kitty, and tucked her in. She smiled and hugged him, eyes shutting slowly.

"Oyasuminasai, Kitty."

"Oyasumi.... Watari-Neko...."

She murmured, her arms going loose as she slipped into sleep. Watari smiled. Watari Cat.

Watari woke to a shrill squeeling.

"Carry me!!!!!!"

The Kyoto-born girl's voice resonated through the apartment and he could hear deep laughter from Tsuzuki. Feet pounded down the hall.

"STOP STOP STOP! YOU'RE GONNA-"

WHAM!

"ACK!"

WHUMP!

"itai......no da...."

There was a scuffle then a tap on the door.

"Watari-sama, are you decent?"

Watari pulled the blankets over his lap.

"Hai!"

"Hurry, hurry, open the door! ACK! DUCK!"

CRACK!

"Itaiiiii!!!!!!!"

Kitty was weaving on Tsuzuki's shoulders, one hand on his head, the other slapped over her forehead. One eye was closed and her face was screwed up funny.

"Ne, Watari-sama, today is a holiday! No one told me today was a holiday! And we get to play games! No one told me about games!"

"I told her about the archery contest."

Kitty grinned at him and Watari smiled.

"I take it you're excited?"

"HAAAAAAAI! No da! We'll win too! I absolutly REFUSE to loose! I've played this before. And I heard all about these cheating girls who throw everyone off. I'm so new, they won't throw me off, and Terazuma.... He's pretty kawaii, but he's a freak of the worst kind. He starts mouthing me, and Hisoka-sama promised he'd touch him. COME ON! I want you to help me get ready, Tatsumi-sama said I could play this year! Konoe doesn't feel like it, plus he says he thought I'd like it!"

"Hai, hai. Go away and let me get dressed!"

Kitty smiled and then ducked as they went out the door.

"I GET TO PLAAAAAAAY!!!! HISOKA-SAMAAAAAAAA!!!"

There was a yelp and one of Kitty's giggles.

---

Watari stepped into a war zone. Clothes were every where and Kitty was struggling with a mass of cloth.

"Ack! Here, let me help!"

"Thanks, this is harder than it looks to get into. It's traditional, I always wore it in comeptition. It's so airy and comfortable."

"It looks like it."

Watari gathered the clothes and Kitty directed him until he tied her sash. She smilled at him. It was a white outfit, that was very loose, and allowed her a full range of movement. She picked up a few leather items and pulled them on, strapping one to her forearm, the other to her opposite hand. Then she picked up her bow and smiled, grabbing a hair tie and tying her long curls into a neat, traditional looking bun, with a modern twist, with loose tendrils drifting around her face. Then she closed her eyes.

Suddenly they opened and they weren't clear anymore. They were a deep, cat-like irridecent yellow-green. She looked wild and determined.

"Lets go, Watari-Neko."

She smiled at him and they hurried to the stadium.

Watari left her with the others, Hisoka, and the other archers. He hurried to his seat in the box. He hoped she did well.

---

Kitty was determined to win this for Konoe. He'd put a lot of money on her, she knew.

"Who's this little scrap of fluff? Go away, let Konoe do this, you're just a kid."

Kitty glared at Terazuma.

"Don't make me get Hisoka-sama."

The guy recoiled and shot her a dirty look. Kitty smiled angrilly.

"On the JuOhCho team is Kurosaki Hisoka, Asato Tsuzuki, and new comer to the JuOhCho team, Kittens Paw Yokohayo!!! Lets hear it for the team!"

There was a massive cheer and Kitty, for all the other teams laughter and pointing at her full name, enjoyed it by waving cheerfully.

The other teams were announced, and Terazuma got the first ball. There was nothing in it so it was their turn. Kitty smiled happilly, her eyes flickering between yellow and green in her determination.

"Let me go, PLEASE? No one thinks I can do this."

"Hai, go ahead, I'm only doing this because Tsuzuki needs me."

"I'm doing it so the Earl won't, do anything."

"I'M doing it because I love archery."

Kitty shot them both down and went up to the line. She jabbed a few arrows into the dirt floor of the stadium. Then, her fingers picked them over and drew out one. She held it straight before her face, as the crowd hushed. It was silent.

Kitty closed her eyes, and adjusted her feet. She brought her bow to bear, and nocked her arrow. Her suddenly changed eyes blazed a vibrant jungle green, backing off even the three sisters of a compeating Cho cowered back. Kitty took aim for the highest ball out there, and then closed her eyes, letting the arrow fly. She lowered the bow once she'd prayed and opened her eyes. The arrow hit its mark and the ball fell.

The crowd was silent. Kitty turned and bowed. The crowd shook the stadium with its applause. Kitty smiled and walked back after gathering her arrows.

"Your the next one on this team."

Kitty's eyes were back to a light induced yellow, that turned green from the right angle. She looked very feline. Tsuzuki nodded while the sister's put one of theirs up, then Terazuma's partner, some girl, went.

"Tsuzuki-sama.... Aim for a low ball. If you don't, I'll smite you. Aim low."

"Hai."

Tsuzuki hit a low ball and the thing had instructions.

"Tsuzuki-san! You must kiss someone on your team!"

Tsuzuki's purple eyes widened. Kitty blinked slowly and her eyes blazed yellow for a moment before she waited. Hisoka looked like he was praying not to be chosen.

"It wouldn't be good for his reputation, Kitty...."

Kitty smiled and ruffled Hisoka's hair.

"Sou ka."

"Kitty! I'm sorry, I have to--"

"I understand."

Kitty nodded, eyes fluxuating green and yellow. Tsuzuki tipped her face up and kissed her gently. Kitty kissed him back, just as gently and then they parted. Tsuzuki waved for the girls to go on. Another sister let fly and Kitty hissed suddenly as she let the arrow go, causing her to miss. She turned to say something and Kitty was stroking a tail that had sprouted, along with a pair of neko ears.

"I'm sorry."

Kitty smiled. She'd known all along. Her PapaKat's curse. It was a stress thing. Archery always gave her stress.

"Kitty, should Hisoka go?"

"He has too. But, we have a fourth ball. Aim low. Let me take the high points."

"Hai. Sou ka."

Kitty prayed. Terazuma was a very good archer. They were close on Kitty's heels. Hisoka hit his ball. It too had instructions.

"Kiss someone on the opposing team."

"Uhm..... You, Terazuma's partner."

They exchaged a kiss and Hisoka returned pale. Another one from Terazuma's team hit a ball. Kitty hissed again, spitting angrilly. Again one of the sisters missed. Kitty flashed a fangy grin before getting serious. She swished her long tail elegantly, chose her best arrow and stepped up.

She nocked the arrow.

The crowd hushed.

She took aim.

She closed her eyes.

She let fly.

Her eyes flew open, blazing a deep green colour, warning off any who would interfere. The arrow hit the second highest ball. The staidum erupted. They had won, the two highest balls were theirs! Kitty jumped up and down, becoming her normal self, clear eyes, and happy bounces.

"WE WON! WE WON!"

She hopped around happilly, bouncing from hugging on Tsuzuki to hugging on Hisoka. Until she could see Watari running down with the crowd to congradulate them. She bounced even more wildly and the shoved through the happy crowd to leap into Watari's embrace, hugging him tightly, happilly, squeeling.

"WE WON! WATARI-SAMA! WE WON!"

"You cheated! She kept distracting us!"

"I was under stress, I always start to go full neko when I'm under stress. You try popping a tail out of your spine, its not a picnic!"

The sister huffed and stuttered, but they couldn't argue with her. Kitty turned back to Watari. He was grinning happilly.

"You won, Kitty."

---

Kitty lounged in her bath, her body submerged, her hair piled up on top of her hair, the wild curls pinned loosely to keep them out of the water. The crimson water steamed, giving off the thick scent of yima lillies. Thanks to the colouring, when Watari stepped in, Kitty didn't panic.

"Hey Kitty."

"Hai?"

"Uhm, could you pull the curtain?"

"Sure. Use the restroom for so long as you like, let me know when you're done."

She pulled the curtain around to block off the veiw of the toilet. Watari walked out of sight. Kitty raised a leg and used the MeWow! brand body scrub, and she smiled as Watari pulled back the curtain and sat on the edge of the tub. She had her leg pulled high, knee straight, one hand holding the bridge of her foot.

"You're really flexible."

"Mm hmm. Hand me that kitten cup?"

"The pink one?"

"Yeah, its a MeWow! cup."

It was shaped like a white kitten, curled up. Kitty used it to rinse her leg off.

"You really like that MeWow! brand, don't you?"

"Mm hmm. PapaKat bought some for me when I was little, and I thought it was cute, because my name is Kittens Paw, 'Kitty', so I just adopted the brand. And then I discovered the Vamp line's yima scent and I was in heaven. So, I refuse to use anything less than Vamp or MeWow! brand."

Kitty smiled and relaxed. The water was soothing.

"Let me wash your hair?"

Watari looked at her. Kitty smiled and turned in the water. The tub was deep, and full to the brim of water, dyed deep crimson from a bath seed by the Vamp collection. Watari's hand hovered over a collection of bottles.

"Which one."

"The Vamp collection shampoo for curls. I use it every other day, with the MeWow! KirlyKat Konditioner."

"Oh, okay."

He picked up the bottle and Kitty's eyes closed as he let her hair down. Her hair was a mess of wild white curls and they floated gently on the red water.

"Will the water--"

"No, I use it all the time."

"Oh, okay!"

Kitty sighed as she felt his hands in her hair, getting it wet. Then he started washing it, massaging her scalp. She smiled.

"You've been reading my book."

"Yeah, is that okay?"

"Yeah.... Feels nice...."

There was a tap on the door. Watari answered it.

"Hai?!"

"Can I come in?"

"Kitty?"

"It's Hisoka-sama, it doesn't matter, he's not interested in me any more than Tsuzuki-sama."

"Come in!"

Hisoka stepped in and Watari smiled, aliviating the shock.

"It's fine. She lives here too, we have an understanding. You wanted?"

"To talk to you, but if you're busy-"

"My father was a doctor. He always let me sit in, since I was minoring in medicine. I am under law not to blab secrets about patients, as such I'm great at not telling things when its supposed to be personal. It'll stay right here in the bathroom, promises and swears."

"Okay..."

Hisoka smiled a little and Kitty just purred as Watari's hands worked her headful of curls. She was so gooey, she could melt into the water, a big white stain. Then Watari started rinsing her hair.

"Watari, what's that smell? It's so thick, but, its nice, happy and comforting."

"Yima lillies. Its her bath stuff. It all smells like yima lillies."

"The Death Lilly?"

"Yima. It's propper name is yima lilly."

"Well, I like it."

"So does Tsuzuki and Watari. Maybe its a dead person thing."

Kitty giggled as Watari finished rinsing her hair. Then he picked up the pink bottle of conditioner.

"That's an interesting bottle. What brand is that?"

"MeWow! brand, KirlyKat Konditioner. And the black and red bottles are the Vamp collection. Both have the yima lilly scent in everything. I love it."

"Mm. You'll have to help me find some."

"I have extra bath bubbles by MeWow! if you want to have them. Look in the small pink chest shaped like a cat. The bottle is shaped like a cat on pointe. It says MeWow! Kute Suds."

"This?"

"Is it unopened?"

"Uh huh."

"Thats's the one. Everything else in there is open."

"Thanks, Kitty."

Kitty smiled sleepilly as Watari pinned her hair up, with a film of conditioner on each strand.

"We'll let that sit, while we all have some company."

Kitty nodded and looked at Hisoka.

"Well, it.... This is about Muraki.... He was, involved, in the last case, when we got the friend of Kitty's thrown in..."

"Muraki Kazutaka?! THAT HACK!"

Kitty growled, splashing a bit of water. She reaxed when Watari traced stress patterns across her shoulders.

"Ahhh...Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr......"

She purred, limp.

"Sorry.... Kazutaka is a jerk, he angers me..... Go on.

Hisoka went on to tell about his involvment and Kitty nodded as he finished.

"...And he tried to spirit me off again, I HATE him! How the hell does it keep hapening that I'M the one needing rescued?!"

"You let him throw you off. You're very emotionally rich by the way. Ever since that incident, don't think I don't know, he's thrown you off by giving you the same superior look, like he REALLY knows what's going on inside you. As much as he tells you he does, that you're a true puppet, all he has on you is a location curse. There IS no such puppet curse. I know. I investigated it for a medical paper. What he has is a psychological hold, in such that every time you see him, he's gotten you to a conditioned response of giving up on yourself as lost, which then puts you into the rescuee position. You don't BOTHER to see if you can defend. You just think you've got no chance. It CAN be reversed you know, the trained response."

Hisoka looked hopeful. Kitty smiled.

"I was a medical minor with a major in science. I could also probably block the location curse for a few months until I can find a true removal for it."

Hisoka hugged her.

"You're great, for someone who's dead."

"I thought contact bothered you?"

Kitty hugged him back meekly. She'd never been appriciated before.

"I think, I could get used to you, you won't ever desist in messing with me, and you're emotions are so clear and straight forward."

"I was raised by a straight forward man. Don't sniff around the milk dish, go right up and lap away. My father was a cat fanatic. He gave me my given name."

"Kittens Paw?"

"Mm hmm. He said my hands were the size of kitten's paws, so he named me Kittens Paw. But he called me his favorite Kitty."

"Thanks a lot, Kitty. Can you help me soon?"

"I'll let you know when. I'll send my cat."

Skizzle padded in through the cat flap Kitty had spent a whole day building into the door. Skizzle mewed loudly and wrapped around Hisoka's ankle. Hisoka smiled.

"Its just like you, straight forward. He likes me. I'm -attuned-."

"Of course. You're dead. The dead attune with cats, though those that are evil tend to hate cats because they know what those dead are, and will hiss and spit."

---

Kitty was dressed in a long pink night dress that looked more like a medievil costume than a night dress, with a long black robe over it, lined with almost black red feathers along the hems. She looked devilishly cute.

Watari smiled at her as she flopped down onto the floor, leaning her head against his thigh. Her clear eyes were slitted.

"Rrrrrrr..... Watarrrrrri-Neko....?"

"Hai?"

She really was purring, like a contented cat. Watari stroked her wildly tangled curls, shining a pristine white against the dark robe, clean and fresh like the yima lillies she loved.

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrr..... You'rrrrrrre making me loose my trrrrrrain of thought...."

"Gomen."

Watari moved his hand.

"Rrrrrr....... Watarrrrri-Neko..... Why do you carrrrrrrrre so much? About me I mean. Nobodies everrrrrrr carrrrrrred about me beforrrrrre..."

"Because, you're nice, you're a good person and I enjoy your company, Hisoka likes you a lot, Tatsumi hates everyone, but you're weakening his stoic defenses easily. And Tsuzuki wants to be everyone friend. Even Konoe lets you get away with things. And Terazuma's scared of you because Hisoka likes you. The three sisters from the archery tournment hate you, which is an accomplishment because you're female. But, I just like you. I liked you before I really knew you, so it was too late."

"Rrrrrr..... Watarrrrrri-Neko.......?"

"Hai?"

The girl was a mass of purring. He could hardly hear her.

"Rrrrrrrrrr..... Watarrrrri-Neko..... I like you too.... Rrrrr.... You'rrrrrre my favorrrrrite shinigami..... Even morrrrre than my old frrrrriends. Rrrrr..... Watarrrrri-Neko?"

"Hai?"

He was over using his supplies of the word HAI.

"Can I sleep with you tonight??"

---

Watari smiled at the little figure nestled against him, sleeping so soundly, purring gently in her sleep, a soothing purr. Skizzle was on the nightstand, curled around his glasses. Kitty's curls were done into two little tight buns, almost like neko ears. It was cute. She wore the pink night dress and looked so innocent. The way she'd asked him to sleep with him, it was so innocent. She was very straight forward. She wouldn't have beaten around the bush, or, rather, sniffed around the milk dish, she would have gone right up and and begun lapping at it, and told him if she loved him.

No, she'd asked innocently, because thats all she wanted, was too sleep with him. Not WITH him, but just, to be there. So here he was, a shinigami with a work record, older than she would ever be, and she was nestled against him, her head resting against his shoulder, his blonde locks spread out, her fingers tangled in some of them. He smiled.

"Night."

"Oyasumi..... Rrrrrrr...."

---

Watari was awake before Kitty was, and he leaned up, looking down at her. Her eyes were closed in a fan of thick black lashes, and her white hair was still piled up on her head, though a few stray curls had excaped in the night. Her night dress was pulled demurly over her legs and she was curled innocently against his chest. She looked so young.

"Nnng....Rrrrrrowl..... Mmmn.... Ohayo.... Watari-Neko."

"Ohayo, Kitty."

The girl streached just like a cat and then yawned like one. Then she picked up Skizzle and crawled out of bed sleepilly. She looked in the mirror over his dresser, and pulled the pins from her hair, and the curls tumbled down and she yawned again. Skizzle mewed planitivly and she smiled and padded out. Watari got out and pulled on his gray pants, and followed her. She was found in the kitchen, in her pink night dress, her black and red robe and pink furry slippers with cat faces on them.

"Oh, how adorable. Pink cat slippers."

Kitty turned and blushed. Skizzle had milk on the floor in a saucer. Kitty had been drinking milk as well. Watari started making coffee and Kitty finished her milk.

"So, is today a holiday too?"

"We get a whole two weeks holiday."

"Wow... Two whole weeks.... I've never had two weeks consecutivly off in my life.... Do we get to do any other special things?"

"We get to go on vacation."

"Oh WOW!"

"We go in groups. I'm always with Tsuzuki and Hisoka's group. You will be too. Konoe and Tatsume go with the Earl and Watson, while Terazuma, his partner and Yuma and Saya go together. We go in groups of three or four. Keeps us out of trouble."

"Wow. A real vacation... Can we go someplace warm? Like a beach?"

"If thats what the others think is a good idea."

---

Watari laughed softly when Kitty sprung her idea of a beach on Tsuzuki and Hisoka. Tsuzuki was all for it and Hisoka was compleatly over powered when Kitty started to cry. Then Tsuzuki started crying. Watari laughed and joined them in their tears. Hisoka was giggling madly and finally gave in.

"Sugoi! Hisoka-sama, I will personally see to it that you have a good time without being embarassed. Promises and swears."

Hisoka smiled at her and gave her a hug, which she returned with all haste. Tsuzuki was lost.

"What about-"

"She's so straight forward with her emotions that it doesn't effect me like everyone else."

Tsuzuki nodded and Kitty smiled.

"I'm gonna go pack! We can go SHOPPING together! Oh, we can go to the clubs too! And the theater! There are so many things we can do as a group! PARASAILING! BUNGIE JUMPING! SURFING! WATER SKI JUMPS!"

Kitty was almost busting the windows.

"Kitty! No sonic noises! The windows can't take it!"

"Oh, sorry.... I just get so excited! I've NEVER had a vacation! Not one that I got to have real fun on anyhow. Mother was just so awful that I never could enjoy myself."

Watari nodded. Then followed her as she turned.

"I'm gonna pack now! We should leave as soon as possible, to maximize out time!"

Watari laughed as she went into the flat and pulled out a bag. She dumped the contents of her suitcase into the floor and dug out three differant bathing suits. One was glittery pink, and skimpy. They were all bikini's. The second was red and sparkly, and the third was absolutly provovitive. Then she threw in clubbing clothes, fancy clothes, night time clothes, night clothes, clean undergarments, and half her bath stuff. Then she packed her S&M book and massage oil. She winked at Watari.

"I'm gonna try some more of these on you three."

---

Kitty was all eyes beneath her hat. She wore a pair of white shorts and a pink tanktop that was all MeWow! brand. Her sandles were pink and her hat was white. She looked like she'd stepped out of a cotton candy machine.

"Its so pretty....."

"Tatsumi would have killed us if you hadn't popped the idea on him."

"I can get away with ANYTHING."

Watari laughed as they walked into a hotel. It was nice. Kitty went up to the desk first.

"Hi, we made reservations. Party of four under the name Kitten."

"Of course, Kitten-dono. Here's the room key, my, will these four gentlemen be your roommates?"

"Hai! This is my big brother, Watari, and my friend Hisoka, and his boyfriend, Tsuzuki. We all desided it would be cheaper going on vacation together!"

"Of course. Well, its nice you and your brother are spending quality time. Young people don't spend enough time together. Enjoy your stay, all of you."

"Arigato!"

Kitty smiled and dragged her friends up the stairs.

"Brother?"

Kitty smiled.

"Would you have me tell her the truth, that you'r my roommates and you're all in no way related to me? That would have been awkward, this way no one will be suspicious."

Watari nodded and Kitty found their room. She smiled and unlocked it.

"Tada! Two beds. A large bath, no TV, killer sterios, and room service for free! That was a private request from me."

Kitty smiled and claimed the bed by the window. She also claimed the largest dresser and unpacked. Then she smiled at the clock.

"It's 10A.M. Who wants to hit the beach?!"

Tsuzuki bounced up and down with Kitty.

"The Beach! The Beach!"

Hisoka was stifling his laughter. Kitty bounced away and pulled out the bikini to beat all bikini's. She also pulled out a thick red towel, and a bottle of sunscreen. She winked and lept into the bathroom. She stepped back out and looked at least Tsuzuki's age. She was all curves under those clothes. She smiled and pulled out her sunglasses and a cover-all. She pulled the thin pink material around her.

"You all better get changed, or I might be in trouble."

She winked and bounced out of the room. Watari joined the scramble to change and then raced after her. She was walking down the stairs. They trooped to the beach without incident, and when they got there, it was being prowled. She spread her towel in a large empty space, and shed her cover-all easily, slid the sunscreen on and then winked at a tall, bronze man nearby. The man gave her a grin and she bounced out into the water happilly. Watari found himself glaring death at the bronze man.

"God, what is my problem."

He looked at Hisoka who shrugged.

"You're her roommate. She's less than half your original age, she's someone you want to protect."

"Yeah, but I shouldn't be jealous."

"I'm jealous of Tsuzuki all the time."

"But I don't-"

"Don't lie too me."

Hisoka gave him a green-eyed look. Watari closed his mouth. He couldn't be, could he? Kitty? No way, she was just a friend. Watari turned and watched her playing with some man in the waves, listening to her faint squeels as he tossed her into the air easily, throwing her into the water. He growled and could almost feel his hackles rising. Okay, he was. She was his, blast it! Watari went into the water and Kitty smiled at him, left her new playmate and latched onto Watari.

"Play in the water with me, Watari-Neko?"

"Sure, Kitty."

Watari lifted her over his shoulder with a laugh and waded in farther, with her laughing and beating his back gently with her fists.

"Put me down, you crazy person! Put me down! Eep! Pick me up! UP! I'm going to drown!"

Watari laughed as she realized how deep the water was and clung to him desperatly. He held her up and looked at the brightly coloured fish around them.

"We should go scuba diving, Watari-Neko. The fish- Are pretty. I don't think the tropical kind are good for eatting."

Watari laughed and she turned yellow eyes on him. He sighed.

"They aren't."

Here eyes became glass again and she laughed and hugged him, then slipped out of his arms and swam out further.

"Race you to the bouy and back!"

"You're on!"

Watari struck out gamely, and Hisoka and Tsuzuki got caught in their game, along with a few strangers. Kitty was a wonderful swimmer, and she won. She jumped around in the shallows, and a bunch of people, Watari and company included, picked her up and heaved her into the deep water. Kitty broke the surface, laughing and her hair flew back, glittering and Hisoka gave him a signifigant look. Watari shrugged and smiled helplessly. Hiskoa laughed and nodded.

Watari was falling for her.

---

Watari laughed again as she curled up against his side, squeeling in alarm at the movie. They had requested a TV and VCR and a bunch of horror flicks. Tsuzuki and Hisoka were curled up in one bed, and Hisoka and Tsuzuki were both squeeking with alarm. Watari thought Kitty was cute when she was afraid. Of course, the movie scared him, but she made the most adorable faces when she was frightened.

"Eep! Oh geeze, Watari-Neko! Hide me! Oh eep!"

She clung to him, burying her face against his bare chest. They were all nice and golden from their day at the beach. She wore a red night dress with spaghetti straps and lace. She looked pretty. Her long curls were bound up differantly. She had smoothed a green gel into them when they'd come back, and she said it was a protective coating for the sun and salt that would kill her long hair. So they'd all used some, to protect their hair, and then started watching movies.

"Oh GODS! WATARI!"

She flung herself into him, hiding. He jumped at the sight of the thing too. It was a mutated rabbit that evolved everytime it fed off something. The movie was called Resident Evil, and Kitty was absolutly terrified. Watari held her tightly and told her when it was okay to look. He was resigned to the fact that he was falling in love with the energetic bundle of laughter. She was one of those people.

Finally the movie was over and Kitty sighed, yawning. Skizzle was on the TV, purring. She smiled and turned it off with the remote. She yawned and turned out the lamp, laying down against Watari.

"Oyasumi nasai, Watari-Neko...."

"Oyasumi, Kitty."

"I had..... Fu.... n..... Rrrrrrrr..... 'Tarrrrri......"

Kitty's voice slurred as she fell asleep quickly. Tsuzuki was alseep too and Hisoka wished him good night before he too fell asleep. Watari looked at Kitty and couldn't resist. He kissed her gently, and the lay back and fell asleep. He never saw her eye open and her lips quirk up in a pleased smile.

---

Watari was woke by a squeel of happiness.

"FOOD!"

"Sonic!"

Kitty quieted and smiled appologetically. Then she turned and pulled the huge cart in. Tsuzuki was quickly awake.

"Yum! Come oh, Hi-chan!"

"Watari-Neko, look at all this food! OH! The mini rolls!"

Kitty grabbed a plate and piled little mini rolls of sushi wrapped in sea weed onto it, then also added other various sea foods. Watari joined in the feast, trying one of her little mini rolls.

"Mmm. Yum. I've never tried them before."

"A Kyoto dish. I love it. Its my absolute FAVE!"

Watari filed the information away. They hurried to finish their meal and Kitty quickly grabbed some clothes and went into the bathroom to change. She came out again and once more looked older.

She wore a pair of white sandles that were nice but not fancy, with a white wrap skirt that came to just past mid-thigh, and a pale pink halter top. Her hair was in an intricate twist with shorter curls sprialing around her face. She wore a sweep of orange eyeshadow and some pale pink lip gloss.

"Okay, today we go out. We visit some nice places like museums, and a few gift shops, stop back here, then go to a club I heard about yesterday from some guys at the beach. Its a popular local dive."

"Okay."

Watari tried to match her as best her could, in white slacks, good walking shoes that looked nice but not fancy, and a buttery yellow button down t-shirt. Tsuzuki wore a pair of shorts and a wifebeater, while Hisoka dressed similar to Watari. Kitty grabbed a small pink purse and took Watari's hand once they were on the street. She led them through the place, and they did not look like tourists. They looked like two local couples going on an excursion. Apparently she'd been talking style with a few people. Tsuzuki found a cute museum and Hisoka wanted to go, so they went.

They visited the gift shop and Watari bought her a baby cutting of Yima Lillies. Kitty cooed and hugged him tightly, and they had to go right back to the hotel to put them in their room, then they left. It was lunch time, and Kitty spotted a cute café, so they went there for lunch.

Kitty was studying the menu intensely while Watari spotted something and waved over their waiter. He ordered his and her food quickly, then looked at Tsuzuki who ordered something insanely sugary while Hisoka ordered his healthy lunch. Kitty looked at him quizzically.

The waiter came back and a large tray of the mini rolls was set in the center of the table, and Kitty got a thing of dipping sauce. Watari had a smaller thing of the sauce and some stir fry veggies. Tsuzuki and Hisoka were served as well and Kitty was absolutly thrilled.

"Mini rolls! Watari, did you order them?"

"Well, I saw them on the menu, and saw you snarf on them this morning, I thought you'd like them. And I promise whatever you don't finish, we can take with us to the hotel."

Kitty hugged him and then picked up her chopsticks and started eatting. She filtched bits and peices from everyone else but no one minded. They finished and made a request for the remaining rolls. Kitty was happy when they were presented with a picnic basket and a flyer for a fireworks display that night.

"Club or fireworks?"

Watari querried calmly, hoping she'd say fireworks. Watari loved fireworks.

"Oh, we can go to the club tomorrow, I've never seen fireworks! I've been to plenty of clubs!"

Watari did a small dance.

"I love fireworks!"

---

Watari sat on the blanket with his friends. Kitty was curled against him, leaning on him, her face and body awash in the brilliant colours of the fireworks. Her eyes were bright in the blazing light display.

"Watari-Neko! They're so bright!"

"I know!"

They had to yell over the booming of the shells, but it was well worth it. They had their mini rolls, Tsuzuki and Hisoka was cuddled one the other side. Tsuzuki had his arms around the younger boy, and Hisoka was looking up with a peaceful expression, while Tsuzuki was just being quiet with his lover.

The fireworks ended in multiple explosions and people started to drift. Kitty sighed and snuggled against Watari, her face gleaming with happiness. Then someone disturbed them.

"My pretty Shinigami. And my Puppet! How delightful. Ossu."

Kitty bristled and let out a loud yowl.

"MURAKI KAZUTAKA!!!!"

The sound was sonic as she screeched, ears and a tail popping out as she arched violently, her eyes turning a malovent green shade. Her teeth were sharp and she snarled at him,, snapping.

"GET LOST! HE'S NOT A OBJECT TO BE OWNED! HE'S A PERSON! Sort of. I've done my homework you lowlife scumbucket! All you did was a local curse, so you could find him! You've got him on a trained response! I know all about you! GET LOST!"

Her voice was about to shatter ear drums. She hissed again as suddely, in the place of the beautiful girl was a raging snow tiger. The tiger burst free and slammed Muraki to the ground, leaping away before he could retaliate and blocking his path to the two lovers.

"Who're you, creature."

Muraki rose quietly. The tiger roared, and snarled as he started to come forward. Watari rose and put a hand on its neck.

"Her name is Kitty. She's my partner. We're on vacation. Go away. I don't control her, if she hurts you, its your own fault."

"I see. Then I'll see you all around, ja mata."

He turned and vanished into the night. Kitty reverted and stood there, her fists curled, braced to spring after him. Her hair was tangled wildly. Her eyes were a swiftly changing yellow and green. She looked slightly demented. Watari held onto her and soothed her until she was calm again.

"God, the unimaginable GALL of that man! No, not a man, that MONSTER! I'm sorry I flipped out like that. People like him cause me stress. Intense stress. Now you see the curse my father has passed onto me. Anything that stresses me out and makes me angry transforms me."

"I noticed. Can you get home without incident?"

"As long as I don't see that crack job again."

Kitty gave a sharp crack of laughter, and then hissed softly and shook her head, leaning into Watari.

"Actually, you'll have to carry me. Transforming so fast killed me. I'm gonna....-"

She fainted.

---

Watari dabbed the girls burning forehead with the white, wet wash cloth. Hisoka and Tsuzuki were out getting some asprin. Kitty was unconcious ever since their incident with Muraki. It had been a full 24 hours. She was lucid from time to time, but only for fleeting moment, smiles and breif recognitions, and afterwards she was as deeply unconcious as she had been when she'd fainted. That transformation had taken an almost deadly toll on her, good thing you only died once.

"Watari, has she gotten better?!"

Tsuzuki's concerned voice came in before the man did. Watari gestured to the limp figure who was only breathing. Tsuzuki frowned and Hisoka handed Watari the shopping bag and took his place at the wash cloth. Watari set out the medical supplies. Hisoka had gone to the lab. He had his own things. He smiled and almost giggled. How thoughtful.

"It was Tsuzuki's idea. He thought you would do best with your own medicines."

"Oh thank you. I can."

Watari immediantly started mixing things. Finally he had the right potion. He moved to her side, and lifted her against him.

"Tsuzuki, rub her throat, so she'll swallow, Hisoka, pour it in easily."

They worked in a concentrated effort and got the liquid into her. Watari smoothed back her hair and lay her back gently, pulling the blankets over her. He bundled up in the chair and slept by her side.

---

Kitty woke silently. She felt fuzzy and slightly off. She could tell she was at the hotel. Where was Watari-Neko?! Had Muraki gotten revenge on her?! She sat up too fast and groaned as her head spun and she sank back. She narrowed her eyes and sat up slowly. She looked around and sighed as she found Watari in a chair by the bed.

Kitty smiled and got up slowly, without disturbing anyone. She tiptoed into the bathroom and ran a warm bath, and washed herself thoroughly. She sighed in happiness. There was a creak and a startled yell.

"SHE'S GONE!"

There were to more cries and the door slammed back. She thanked every deity she knew that the bath seed had disolved. Hisoka stood panicking in the doorway. She waved sweetly.

"Ossu, Hisoka-sama! I needed a bath. Did I disturb you?"

"Did you- She's awake! Kitty! Gods you had us all worried!"

Watari moved Hisoka out of the way and hugged her from the other side of the tub. Kitty hugged him back, dripping red water all over him.

"I'm fine, thanks. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you had something to do with it, but don't tell me now. Later, when I feel clean again. Right now I smell horrid."

"I'm just glad you're okay."

Watari's face was buried in her long curls and he was crying. Kitty soothed him gently and then sent him out with a gentle smile. She relaxed in the water and smied at the ceiling. He was so sweet. He had cried for her. She rolled over, resting her arms on the edge of the tub, her cheek pressed too them. She wanted his approval more than anything else. She would rather him be around than anyone. He was so sweet. She practically begged for his attention, it could sustain her better than even the mini rolls.

Kitty sighed and submerged. She was in love with him, and not only was he too old for her, but she could never be the right person for him, she was far from normal. Even if Terazuma was a shape changing freak. She could at least change back when she wanted. But she still wasn't normal by any streach of the imagination.

She came up and washed her hair, then conditioned it. She wrapped herself in a large white towel and padded into the main room. She smiled and gathered some clothes and went back into the steamed bathroom. She dropped her towel and pulled on her under clothes and then smiled at her shirt. It was an orange shirt, with slightly crimped sleeves that were also bell sleeves, and a deep V-neck. Her skirt was another wrap skirt, and it matched her shirt. She pulled on the matching sandles and left her curls free. A sweep of golden orange shadow and some pink lipstick, and shewas ready to face the world. And Watari.

---

Watari was filled with relief. Then Kitty stepped out. She looked increadible! She was a little sun beam, dressed up like that. She took his arm and pulled him to the mirror.

"See, you, look awful. You, go. Bath. Me Jane, you Tarzan. Bath."

She giggled and hugged him around the waist before pushing him into the steamy bathroom. He relaxed in the water and quickly cleaned himself. Then he dressed in slacks and a shirt, walked back out to tie his shoes. Kitty was sitting quietly, and she seemed kind of thoughtful. He pulled on his shoes. Hisoka and Tsuzuki were missing.

"They said they'd meet us at the front desk."

Kitty murmured softly, moving around to lean on him. She sighed and her slow release of air sounded unhappy.

"You feeling okay? Maybe-"

"I'm fine, physically. All better, Doctor. But.... There's a problem, and its not that important."

"Nonsense. Talk to me."

"I CAN'T!"

Kitty finally wailed, not sonic, but just a plain wail. She turned and threw her arms around his shoulders and pressed her face to his chest.

"I can't live with you, I can't be your partner, I can't STAND it!"

"Huh?"

Watari had no idea what she was on about. She was crying, though.

"Kitty.... Kitten."

The girl sniffled and held him tighter. Her voice was a cross between a distressed mewling and a whisper.

"I love you.... And I can't be right for you.... I'm a freak, I could never be right for you."

Watari was in pure, unadulterated shock. He loved her, she loved him, but she thought she wasn't the right person for him. It must have been driving her slowly up the walls. He held her too tightly.

"Don't think such things about yourself, Kitten. You're the right person for me. I'm lost without you."

"Iie! I've never been able to keep hold of the things I love! I'll just be torn away from you!"

"You won't. I won't let it happen. You're my partner, there is no one else. I love you!"

Kitty stopped trying to say things, stopped shaking her head, and looked at him, startled. He stared back at her. She was compleatly in shock. They were engaged in a staring match when Kitty shook her head, tears scattering like diamonds as she flung herself into him and hugged him.

"Watari-Neko!!!!"

~OWARI~

Well, that seemed a fitting ending place. Now, if I can just figure out how all this mess came about. *gryn* I'm so tired of working on this. No matter what I will not add too this, it is plenty long enough. The Yima Lillies are mine, I amde them up, steal my lillies and suffer my eternal wrath! *wave* JA!

K. C. *muah!* =^.^= *Mew!*