Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Release ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Release
Authoress: Sarrasi
Disclaimer: I do not own Yami no Matsuei, credit goes where it's due.
Challenge/Theme: #094 Good-bye
Pairing: Some definite Saki/Muraki undertones.
Rating: PG-13, for vague references to what could be sex. Did I mention Muraki and Saki?
SPOILER WARNING: Up to and including the Kyoto Arc, manga and anime.
Summary:Muraki visits the site of his brother's death, but all he can feel now is loathing. I can see your smile now, smug satisfaction, beautiful, but cold and empty like spun glass. (Companion to "The Edge of Sanity".)

-----
There is nothing left but ash.
Black soot stains the crumbling walls of my once impeccable lab, the blood, the fear, and the horror that once existed there now wiped clean on the surface by fire. It is now nothing but a façade, empty and exposed for every wondering mongrel to thread apon it's heart, to defile your final grave, because you deserve no better. But nothing wonders here, nothing grows and nothing sleeps. The dirt is mixed with blood, both innocent and evil, and within our fractured hearts, the ghost of some emotion still remains.
But it is a place that no longer has a purpose, a place I have no reason to regret losing...
I've been told; I was a murderer…
A madman…
A saint…
It's been four years since you were destroyed, two decades since you killed my family, and I could count the seconds since we last touched. You'd push and push until I pleaded then leave me on the edge of ecstasy, taunting me just to see how far I'd go for you. But you could would never grant me release, so I plunged onward all alone.
Or so I believed.
Like a puppeteer, you pull my strings from invisible shadows, for I was in many ways your favorite toy.
I can see your smile now, smug satisfaction, beautiful, but cold and empty like spun glass. No, an ironic smile graces my own lips, you're always so much sharper when you're broken.
I pull a cigarette from my pocket, light it, and watch it's futile scraping at the darkness. One day this habit will kill me, my wife tells me all the time, but her voice is steeped with weary affection, and love for an unworthy illusion. Yes, cold furry still marks my perfect guise, my movements never again masked by that fluid elegance and simple grace; like a mad thing trapped in a cage wrought of the finest silk sheets. You know I could never be free of you.
"The day I destroy you..."
I can feel your laughter, and it stops the words before they reach my throat. Shinigami...Impossible...
Perhaps, we are both coming undone.
 
~END~
 
A/N: After much debate, I decided to post this separately since it belongs with another one-shot. (I'm doing 100 themes for the Saki/Kazutaka pairing, all of which will be put under the story heading; “Sins of the Father.” (So creative, I know.) This is a special exception.)