Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Fallen Idol ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Fallen Idol
 
Prologue
They had him cornered. He could not fight back. He was gone, and with Him went all that mattered.
He watched as their eyes flicked over him, as one set stopped on His deck. A fire filled him. They could hurt him but they would never touch His deck, the only thing He had left behind.
He growled low in his throat. They would not take his deck with him around.
They advanced on him and he held his ground. Now he could fight.
 
Chapter 1
Jayden Yuki bounced on the balls of his feet, irritating his friends with usual impatience. He could not help it though, he was on a field trip - a trip to Domino City - home of Yugi Mutou the King of Games, as well as his idol and gigantic crush. Not that he would tell anyone about the latter.
“Calm down Jay.” The little bluenet next to him patted his arm gently, the highest place Syrus Truesdale could reach on his best friend, especially when said friend was bouncing up and down.
“Yeah Jay, you're giving me a stomach ache.” Chumley grumbled, rubbing his stomach.
“I can't help it you guys. It's just so exciting, I can't wait to get there!”
“Well, wait no longer, we're here. You coming Jayden?” Alexis Rhodes asked as she made her way off the boat after Syrus' elder brother, and Duel Academy's top student, Zane.
“Awesome!” Jayden shouted and shot off the boat, leaving Syrus and Chumley to follow along in his wake.
 
Reaching land, Jayden found some space off to the side of the crowd and stretched luxuriously. A soft cooing came from his left and he turned his head to see his duel spirit Winged Kuriboh jumping on his shoulder with anxiety.
“What's up buddy?” Jayden asked seriously, he had never seen his duel spirit act like this before. The fluffy monster grabbed Jayden's hand in it's claws and tugged, all the while cooing eagerly.
Jayden looked towards the crowd of students near him and nodded firmly - they looked busy enough to keep them here for a while. He turned back to Winged Kuriboh.
“Let's go while everyone is so busy they won't even realise I've gone.” With that the fluffy spirit flew off down an alley, Jayden running quickly after.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Oh no, we lost Jayden!” Syrus whined loudly. Alexis placed her hand on his shoulder.
“Don't worry Syrus, he can't have gotten far and this is a big crowd - he's probably in the middle and looking for us too. Any moment we'll see him come bounding over.” She reassured the bluenet.
Syrus smiled weakly but he did not feel any better. He knew something was wrong, he could just feel it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
He had been running after Winged Kuriboh for a while. He stopped, breathing harshly, at a junction as the fluffy duel spirit decided which way to go.
“How much farther?” He asked, panting slightly. The duel spirit suddenly shook with excitement and she cooed brightly. Jayden sighed in relief - they were close.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The chattering crowd of students had been put into organised groups and there was still no sign of Jayden.
“Where did he go?” Syrus nervously wrung his hands and hopped from one foot to the other.
“Where did who go?” The soft voice of Professor Banner asked, followed quickly by a loud meow from his cat Pharaoh.
“Jayden, we can't find Jayden.” Syrus cried. Professor Banner frowned as much as his continuously smiling face would allow.
“Don't worry.” Professor Banner assured. “I'll go and talk with Dr. Crowler.”
They watched as Banner made his way over to Crowler and start to talk, some of their conversation could still be heard over the distance, especially when Crowler's voice rose to a shout.
“That Slifer slacker!” Crowler screamed. “I'm not ruining this trip because of him. Professor Banner, you and your group stay behind and wait for him. I'll go ahead with the Obelisk blues and the Ra yellows.” Dr Crowler turned to leave. Professor Banner directed the rest of the Slifer reds to follow them discretely.
“Why do I have to stay?” Chazz Princeton complained as Crowler and the other students left.
“Because you're a Slifer now Chazz, remember, even if you don't wear the red jacket.” Alexis reminded him.
“Red doesn't suit me.” Chazz huffed as he looked at Alexis, she was standing nearby with Bastion Misawa from Ra Yellow, and Zane, her fellow Obelisk blue. “What are you still doing here anyway?”
“We are waiting for Jayden, Chazz, if you care to recall what Crowler stated earlier.” Bastion explained. Chazz huffed again and crossed his arms, causing Alexis to roll her eyes.
“Is that why you're here big bro?” Syrus asked quietly.
“Yes.” Zane stated, not even turning his head to look at his brother.
“Well now,” Professor Banner's smile returned full force as he stroked Pharaoh. “All we have to do is wait.”
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
As they got closer Winged Kuriboh slowed down considerably, heeding her duelist master to use caution. Jayden could hear muffled noises ahead and as he crept nearer he distinctly heard a cry of pain.
Throwing all caution to the wind, he raced around the corner and saw four large teens attacking a smaller fifth one as he lay on the ground, curled into himself. ~He's either in immense pain or he's protecting something important to him, or maybe both.~ Jayden's mind quickly reasoned.
The brunet quickly jumped between the attackers and the prone form on the ground. His arrival caused the attackers to falter and then flee before their confidence could return, which pleased Jayden, but left a twinge of regret as he could not take revenge for the victim. He watched as they ran down the alley and around the corner out of sight. Jayden sighed deeply in relief and heard a similar noise from Winged Kuriboh.
Turning around, the brunet saw his fluffy duel spirit nudging the slight teen's head, and he could vaguely hear muttering coming from him. Jayden knelt down so he could hear better.
“His deck…safe…safe…never take it…He left it for me.” This broken sentence was repeated many times as the teen started rocking backwards and forwards, hands clasped tightly to his jacket and his knees pulled up to his chest. Jayden reached out his hand and lightly touched the boy's shoulder.
The boy's head jerked upwards and Jayden was temporarily lost in the deep amethyst eyes that were gazing at him in shock. Focusing on just the eyes, Jayden murmured to him gently.
“It's alright now, they've gone and you're safe.” The teen nodded and a small smile appeared before the slight figure passed into unconsciousness, the pain catching up with him.
~He seems so familiar~ Jayden mused as he looked over the figure to see the extent of his injuries, mainly if any were going to prevent him from being moved. Seeing nothing to cause major worry, Jayden placed one arm around the teen's neck, gently lifting him before moving the arm down to his shoulders. The head fell back, knocking the boy's hat to the floor.
Jayden gasped and nearly dropped the body propped up on his arm. It was him.
TBC
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter and please review, it inspires me to get my stories written faster as well as make them more enjoyable for you, the readers.
Next chapter should be up soon as all I have to do is type it up and post it, it is already written.