Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction / Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Dueling is like Magic! ❯ Starting at Duel Academy ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

“My move! I play Magic Apprentice! And now Attack Yugi Moto now!” Asuna commanded as she pointed toward the open Yugi. Magic Apprentice followed her command as she took away the last 400 of Yugi's life points. “Looks like we have a new champion, Asuna!” Asuna waved to her fans as the lights hit her. “ASUNA! ASUNA! ASUNAAAAAA!” A voice rang through her ears until she shot out of the chair. She looked around the room. She wasn't at the Kaiba Dome dueling Yugi she was at her homeroom. “Asuna! You slept through the lesson again!” Konoka whispered. “Oh I thought I was dueling Yugi the duel champion. Sorry.” Asuna rubbed her head as sat back down. “Asuna can you stay after class please. And now getting back to the lesson if Q is in a word what letter-“ The bell rang. “Well class that is all for today. See you tomorrow.” Negi dismissed the class. Everybody left as Asuna stayed in her spot. The 10-year-old teacher walked over to Asuna. “Asuna I have a question to ask you?” Negi asked as he looked at the floor. “What is that boya?” Asuna replied as she looked at the boy. “Can you teach me how to do duel!” Negi yelled.
 
 
“WHAT!” Asuna jumped out of her seat as she heard the question. “You want me to teach you how to duel? You have got to be kidding me right? You know how to do magic and yet you don't how to duel.” Asuna said as she flicked Negi on the forehead. “Well I have seen you dueled with Konoka and Setsuna I have wanted to duel but I don't know how so can you teach me how to duel please!” Negi asked as he hugged Asuna's right leg. “Get off of me and I'll teach you how to duel.” Asuna waved her leg until Negi let go and flew across the room landing perfectly thanks to magic. “Meet me at the Academy store in half an hour.” Asuna slid the door to see the whole class.
 
 
“Why are you all here? Don't tell me you were listening to our conversation!” Asuna yelled as she turned red with anger. “Sorry Asuna but we couldn't resist. You do dueling why don't we have a match sometime!” Chao asked as she took out her deck form her bag. “We all do dueling!” Haruna explained as everybody took out their decks. “Well almost everybody.” Konoka looked at the vampire and her robot that was turning red. “I don't duel I have other business like training the boya.” Evangeline and Chachamaru walked away in embarrassment. “You know she is just walk out of the academy to go to a tournament. She still has the curse on her.” Setsuna remembered. “Well I have to go and do the evening routes. See ya!” Asuna ran down the hallway.
 
 
 
3:30 P.M.
 
“Where's Negi I told him to be here.” Asuna checked her watch as she watched the sun race down. “Ane-san!” Asuna turned to see Kotaru and Negi running toward her in their regular clothes. “You want me to teach you too Kotaru?” Asuna asked as she conked them on the head for being late. “Please Asuna-neechan!” Kotaru pleaded. “Sure why not then I can torture both of you at the same time!” Asuna got an evil smile and eye as Negi and Kotaru got second thoughts. “Jo-ki-ng!” Asuna laughed as she turned to the sale person. “What type of deck to do you guys want?” Asuna asked. “What do you mean what type of deck?” Kotaru asked as he peered at the cards. “They have different types of cards. Spellcasters, Warriors, Animals, Males Females and other types. My deck is based on females. I bet for Negi he would want a Spellcasters deck and Kotaru you would want a Warriors deck.” Asuna replied as she took 2 starters decks one for Negi and one for Kotaru. “Go back to the dorm. And I'll be there but I have to turn a paper to the office.” Asuna ran off in the opposite direction of the dorms. “Finally my chance to get into Duel Academy!” Asuna thought as she ran into the post office. “Can you mail this to Duel Academy?” Asuna asked to the worker as she handed them the form. “Is it alright if I bring some friends?” Asuna asked as she took out the money for fare. “Just make sure it's just some friends. By the way do they duel? They need to know how to duel or they can't go.” “Don't worry they all duel.” Asuna smiled as she ran out of the post office. “I can't wait!” Asuna jumped in the air.
 
 
Back at the Dorms a little later:
 
 
“So in order to summon Dark Magician you need to sacrifice 2 monsters.” Asuna pointed out as she and Konoka helped Negi and Kotaru get the hang of dueling. “Oh okay.” Negi put his Silent Magician and his Magician of Faith in the graveyard. Kotaru peered over at the clock and gasped. “Oh no! Its 7:00 I told Ayaka-neechan that I would be back at 6! She is going to kill me!” Kotaru yelled as he gathered his cards and headed out the door. “Come back tomorrow for another lesson.” Asuna called as she helped Negi a little longer. “I better go to bed. I still have to do my newspapers.” Asuna said as she climbed into bed. “Night Asuna-san I'll stay up a little longer with Konoka so she can teach more.” Negi replied as Konoka showed him his mistake.
 
 
 
The next day in the cafeteria:
 
“ASUNA! You have mail from a place called Duel Academy!” Konoka yelled as Setsuna trailed after her. “Konoka! Don't say that out loud!” Asuna yelled as she received death glares from everybody. “Asuna you applied to Duel Academy and you got mail from them too. Only people you get mail has passed and get to Duel Academy!” Ayaka yelled as she pounced on Asuna. “Hey I asked them if I could bring everybody! No if you would let me read it!” Asuna replied as she tore open the letter. It read:
 
 
Dear Asuna,
 
We would be delighted if you came to Duel Academy. We have placed you at Slyfer red because you are new and you have to prove your self in a duel. It has been talked over that you can bring your friends. We have sent a letter to the principle at Mahora and have allowed everybody to transfer over. A plane has been sent over to pick you up on Saturday. We hope to see you soon.
 
Signed,
Chancellor Shepherd.
 
Asuna finished the letter and looked at everybody's faces. “Wow Asuna they said that you could bring us. Thanks!” Haruna said as she gave a smile. “Everybody say thanks to Asuna!” Negi yelled as everybody gave a smile to her. “So we have to pack out stuff for Duel Academy?” Satsuki asked as she finished her lunch. “Of course! They have dorms their for us.” Asuna said as she walked away from the class. “Where are you going Asuna?” Setsuna asked. “I'm going to get Kotaru. He can't be left her without Natsumi.” Asuna waved her hand. “Wow she even thought of Kotaru. She hasn't been that nice since she tried to help Negi.” Ayaka thought.
 
 
Saturday:
 
Everybody was out on the Academy's roof waiting. “Asuna when is it coming?” Ako asked as she checked her watch. “Don't worry here it comes.” Kotaur pointed toward the plane that was landing. “Everybody let's go!” Asuna yelled!