Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Duelist's Love ❯ Chapter Six: Dream Come True ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

ETERNAL DUELLIST'S LOVE
 
ML: Well… we finally get to the main event—the wedding!

Chazz: Is there any chance you can change your mind?
 
ML: Uh, how about no, you rich bastard? Now, for all who HAVEN'T heard the disclaimer, here we go: I DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT own Yu-Gi-Oh GX, as Kazuki Takahashi does. I ONLY own all original characters. There.
 
Chazz: At least I tried. Now here's the summary. Let's just say Sherri and me hired the entertainment for Jaden and Alexis' parties, respectively, causing a bit of hijinx, but no break-ups. Damn. NOW LET'S GET THIS STARTED.
 
 
Chapter Six: Dream Wedding? How about a real one?
 
For once in his life, Jaden actually woke up early for something. Of course, even though he had managed to drink two beers AND stay up until midnight or so for his bachelor party, he still managed to sleep for at least eight hours. He yawned, and instantly went to the bathroom to wash up. It was after he started shaving and putting on cologne that Alexis was standing in the doorway.
 
“So, Jaden Yuki finally wakes up for something and he won't be late for it.” Alexis said. “Hell must've frozen over.”
 
“How long have you been up?” Jaden asked.
 
“Only a few seconds.” Alexis answered as Jaden walked to the kitchen, made her and him a quick breakfast, then they ate. After Jaden did the dishes, he changed into his tuxedo, and gave Alexis a kiss.
 
“I'll see you in the church.” Jaden said, as he left. As soon as he left, the girls showed up, and helped Alexis into her gown. She applied her own makeup before that.
 
“I hope Jaden will find me beautiful.” Alexis said.
 
“Don't worry, girlfriend. You'll knock him dead!” Jasmine replied.
 
“Yeah. I mean, still, I don't know…” Alexis fired back, with a hint of nervousness.
 
“Nervous?” Sherri asked.
 
“A little.” Alexis answered.
 
“Don't be. As soon as Jaden looks at you, I'm sure that it'll feel right once he takes his hand into yours.” Mindy said, as Atticus' car stopped at the apartment, and he honked. The girls got in, and were on their way.
 
Meanwhile, Jaden was at the altar, waiting and pacing. He was just as nervous, if not more nervous than Alexis was. It was almost show-time, and that same, nagging thought entered his mind: `what if Alexis decides to run?'
 
Chazz, who was up at the front pew, decided to be the wise man. “Jaden! Don't think that! Besides, you guys were in love like, what… four years or something?” He asked. “Besides, I know her. She's not gonna throw away four years of that down the drain!”
 
Zane, who was sitting at the other front pew of the church, said, “Yeah. I know her as well. Both of you have been through hell and back. Besides, you're her rock.” At this, Jaden's fears were allayed somewhat. It was then that the doors opened. The flower girl began the walk, and then there was Atticus walking Alexis down the aisle as the wedding march was playing. As soon as the door opened, it couldn't be explained, but all that nervousness went out the window, and that last bit of it was gone as Atticus dropped off Alexis right beside Jaden. He then sat down at a front pew.
 
“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of Jaden Marcus Yuki and Alexis Megan Rhodes in holy matrimony.” The priest began. He went into the monologue about marriage, and what it meant. It was then he asked, “Will the groom please read out his vows towards the bride?”
 
Jaden took the microphone, and began saying his vows. “Alexis Rhodes… where do I begin… I didn't know it then, but while you were watching me during my entrance duel against Dr. Crowler, I felt something. Maybe it was love, but I didn't know it then. Over the months of our freshman year, I denied that we had anything. But during that second year… I was scared of losing you forever during the whole Society of Light episode. I got you back, and not long after, we made our relationship official as boyfriend and girlfriend, and two years later, we're making it official again. This time though, we're making it official as man and wife. I promise you, with everything I've got. I will love you and cherish you for as long as I live.” Jaden said, finishing his vows. There wasn't a dry eye in the house. Even Dr. Crowler, who had popped by for the ceremony was moved.
 
“Who knew that the slifer slacker was a great speaker?” He asked.
 
“I knew.” Dorothy said.
 
The priest then said, “Now that the groom has said his vows, will the bride please read out her vows towards the groom?”
 
Alexis took the microphone and said her vows. “Jaden, in that moment when I saw you for the first time, I thought you were just another slacker who didn't care about his grades or performance. But then, something happened. You grew up. I thought you were just another slifer red, but the more I hung out with you and your friends, I realized there's more to a person than the colour of the dorm he or she was in. Of course, we did have our moments, especially when you won my hand from Harrington, and when you saved me from the clutches of the Society of Light. Now, I'm about to have the best Christmas gift I'll ever have. You. I promise you, Jaden Marcus Yuki, you'll forever be mine, and I'll never let go.” Alexis said, finishing her vows.
 
Of course, some people were even more moved. “I guess Alexis has grown.” Ms. Fontaine said.
 
“Well, she is happy after all. She's marrying the man of her dreams.” Atticus replied.
 
“Now, Mr. Yuki.” The priest said, as he took a bible from the table behind him. He then requested, “Will the groom place his left hand on this bible, and raise your right hand?” Jaden complied. The priest then asked the one question Jaden wanted to hear for four years. “Do you, Jaden Marcus Yuki, take Alexis Megan Rhodes to be your lawfully wedded wife, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, `till death do you part?” He asked.
 
Jaden just smiled at Alexis, then turned to the priest. “I do.” He answered.
 
The priest then turned over to Alexis, and requested the same action from her; left hand on a bible, right hand raised. He then asked the same question, reversing the names. “Do you, Alexis Megan Rhodes, take Jaden Marcus Yuki to be your lawfully wedded husband, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, `till death do you part?” He asked .
 
“You know I do.” Alexis answered.
 
The priest then turned to Syrus, and asked, “Will the best man please produce the rings?” Syrus produced the rings from his jacket pocket, and gave them to Jaden, who then gave them to the priest. “Jaden, please repeat after me.” The priest said as he gave Jaden the first ring.
 
“With this ring…” The priest began.
 
“With this ring…” Jaden repeated.
 
“I thee wed.” The priest finished.
 
“I thee wed.” Jaden finished after, placing the ring on Alexis' left finger. He looked in her eyes as he did it, and he saw the look of happiness on her face, but he resisted the urge to lift the veil. `Not yet. Patience is a virtue.' He thought.
 
The priest then turned to Alexis, and asked the same thing. “Alexis, please repeat after me.” He said as he gave Alexis the ring to give to Jaden.
 
“With this ring…” The priest began.
 
“With this ring…” Alexis repeated.
 
“I thee wed.” The priest finished.
 
“I thee wed.” Alexis finished after, and placed the ring on her love's finger, looking in his eyes as she did so.
 
“If there's anyone who rejects to this pairing, say so now, or forever hold your peace.” The groomsmen, bridesmaids, Syrus and Jasmine looked over to Chazz.
 
But Chazz was smiling, and then said, “I want Alexis to be happy, so I've got three words for both of you: I don't reject. Just tell them to kiss, father.” Even Dr. Crowler had no objections.
 
As soon as both Jaden and Alexis wrote in their names on the license, the priest then said, “By the power invested in me, I now pronounce thee husband and wife. You may kiss your bride, Jaden.” Jaden just slowly lifted Alexis' veil, and planted a soft kiss on her lips, sealing the marriage.
 
They began to run towards the car after, rice being thrown as they went down the steps of the church. Syrus and Bastion had tied the cans to the back bumper while they were waiting. `Why mess with tradition?' They thought. The car drove away.
 
Chazz watched it go with a tear in his eye. “Good luck, Alexis. Take care of her, Jaden.” He said to himself as Jasmine went up to him.
 
“You ok?” She asked.
 
“Yeah, I never felt better. Wanna go to the reception?” He asked.
 
“Obviously.” She answered, as they kissed for a minute.
 
END CHAPTER
 
 
AN: Well… one more chapter… and maybe, just maybe, I might write a sequel to this. R&R!