Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ In Jaden's Shadow ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In Jaden's Shadow

Chapter Five

By Kellyq

Alexis walked into the room to see Syrus lying on his side. He was mumbling something under his breath. "Syrus ...?" She called out. "Are you alright?" she watched him for a moment. His eyes held a mixture of confusion and sadness, which Alexis had never seen before in the young Trusedale.

"What happened to you, Jay ..?" Syrus murmured. He really wanted to talk to his koi, and get some answers.

"Syrus," Alexis tried again. This time she reached out and placed a hand on his shoulder. "What's the matter?" The altruistic young teen finally rolled so he was lying on his back.

"It's Jaden," he said in a husky voice. "When we kissed, there was nothing there. Do you think he's mad at me?"

Alexis bit the bottom of her lip. She really wanted to break it to Syrus that Johan was not Jaden. "I don't think he's mad. He's probable confused and needs time to sort things out," She tried to reason.

Syrus looked down. "What do you think happened to Jay, to make him not like me anymore?"

"I wouldn't worry about it right now," Alexis advised. She pulled covers up and walked out. Before she reached the door, Syrus called out:

"Alexis, do you think Jaden will come back? I really want to talk to him."

The young woman looked straight ahead. "I don't know, Syrus. I just don't know."

With that, she left, and Syrus was alone again.


It wasn't long before Zane walked into the office to see his koi sitting in a chair hunched over, with the side of her forehead resting in her hands. I shouldn't be using her like this, he thought. Zane stepped up and took Alexis' hands. She looked up and their eyes met for a brief moment. "Alexis, why don't you go home. I'll manage things from now on. You look stressed out."

It was true. Alexis was burnt out from doing most of the work. Not once did she complained. It was her way to show that she would do anything for her boyfriend. Alexis touched Zane's face and stroked his cheek bone lovingly. "Are you sure? You look stressed out too. Why don't we go and have some times to our selves tonight."

Amusement flashed across Zane's eyes. That was the one thing he loved about Alexis - she knew how to amuse him. "I'll pick you up around six."

Alexis smiled and kissed her koi before walking out.


Syrus looked to see Zane standing there. "Aniki ...?" He didn't like the look in his brothers eyes. "Is there something wrong?"

"We need to talk about the visitor who's been coming to see you."

Zane's little brother frowned. "Are you talking about Jay ...?"

"Sy. He's not who you think and I think you should stop talking to him." Zane advised.

Syrus flinched. Not be with Jaden? That didn't sound like his Aniki. "B-but Zane. You said that having Jaden in my life was -"

"That was before he died, Syrus," Zane cut him off roughly. "And you need to start excepting the fact that he's dead!" With that, the older Trusedale walked out before he would regret his actions. He never meant to hurt his little brother in any way.

Zane only got so far before he heard Syrus crying.


"Why ... why is everything turning upside down?" Syrus asked himself. He looked out the window. He wasn't surprised when he noticed that it was raining.

Jaden draped a towel over Syrus' wet hair. "It's a good thing I found you, Sy," he started. "But what were you doing in the rain? I hope you didn't go out there hoping to die of pneumonia."

Syrus didn't say anything nor did he make eye contact with his koi.

Jaden sighed and stopped rubbing Syrus' hair. "You're making this hard for everyone, Sy - and the last thing I want is to see you dead."

The last comment caught Syrus' attention. He finally looked back at Jaden. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry that you have to stick with someone like me."

Jaden only smiled and kissed his koi. "Sy, you know that I love you -"

"Yea but ..."

Jaden kissed Syrus, to stop his koi from being so negative.

Syrus got out of bed and walked into the bathroom. He looked at the towel for a moment before he draped it over his head. He walked to the mirror and looked at his own reflection. He had to know what caused things to go upside down. "Why am I here? Was I put on this earth just to cause people pain?"

With a heavy sigh, Syrus walked out of the bathroom, straight to his bed. The towel slid off his head when he approached. Syrus looked at the door for a moment.

"Where are you Jay ...?" He choked out. There was no answer.

A tear came down Syrus' face. "He must really hate me. That's why ... that's why he left!" He whispered to himself, before feelings of hurt and betrayal took over, and his words dissolved into weeping.

To Be Continued ...

I want to thank ReaperRain for helping look at this chapter. It helped a lot.
KellyQ