Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monster GX Fan Fiction ❯ Life in the Pro League, or Lack Thereof! ❯ Camping Trip ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: I thought it was high time for another story arc! So, well, here it is.

Disclaimer: I’m starting to friggin HATE these disclaimers. Anyway, I don’t own Yu Gi Oh or GX.

Ryo was bored.

Nothing had happened since the party.

He had now won eight duels in a row. The fangirls were as bad as ever. What was worst of all, Monkey was convincing Ryo to do more and more outrageous things.

One time, he had even told Ryo to punch a photographer in the face! Luckily, Ryo had not followed that particular suggestion.

What was it with Monkey and his insistence that violence would solve everything?

In short, Ryo really needed to take another vacation. One that would torture Monkey to no end. Ryo had the perfect idea.



“CAMPING? Kaiser, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! You have an image to keep up. You are Kaiser Ryo. Kaiser Ryo does not go camping.”

Ryo thought fleetingly-maybe even longingly- of the old agent’s enthusiastic support of any activity that would get Ryo out of his apartment. Monkey only supported activities that furthered his own agenda (whatever that may have been).

Monkey was now listing everything bad about camping.

“There’s insects, of course. We could run out of food or water or both. It could rain. And my clothes will be absolutely ruined!”

For once, Ryo pushed Monkey out of the way and started packing.



The next day, they were on the subway. From there, they would hike to whatever spot would be best for camping.

Monkey was still whining.

“Can’t we go to one of the good campgrounds? One that has running water and electricity?”

Monkey had always been obsessed with electricity for some reason. In fact, it was the reason why Ryo had decided to rough it. He hadn’t wanted to wake up and find that Monkey had created an apocalypse overnight.

When they reached the last stop on the subway line, Monkey clung to the edge of the door. Ryo had to pull him off one finger at a time.

Monkey spent the whole hike alternating between complaining and thinking up evil plots. Okay, so Ryo didn’t know for SURE that was what Monkey was thinking, but it was the most likely thing.

--------------

Maybe this was a bad idea after all.

It was Monkey’s job to set up the tent, and it was obvious he didn’t know how.

For one thing, he was using his foot, and not a mallet, to try to get the pegs in the ground.

For another, he was setting up a tent in such a way that there would be a boulder in the middle of the sleeping-space.

Ryo looked over exasperatedly from where he was sitting.

“I’ll set up the tent. You try to get the fire going.” He offered.

Monkey’s head jerked up at once.

“Did you say FIRE?”

Ryo had forgotten that Monkey liked fire almost as much as electricity.

Why had he even brought Monkey with him in the first place?

That, Ryo decided, was one of the great mysteries of the universe.




It was suppertime.

Thankfully, Ryo had brought enough food to last for the whole trip if rationed. He knew it would be a bad idea to even go fishing with Monkey around. He’d probably turn the fishing poles into a nuclear bomb or something.

Monkey was just sitting there, gazing into the fire. He wasn’t eating anything.
Come to think of it, Ryo had never seen him eat anything before. Not even at the all-powerful Cartoon-Bowl-of-Noodles Restaurant.

Ryo finished eating. Monkey was still looking at the fire.

Then Ryo started reading a book with his flashlight. Monkey continued to look at the fire.

Ryo went to bed. Monkey hadn’t budged.

In the middle of the night, Ryo woke up to go to the bathroom. Monkey wasn’t in the tent.

As Ryo saw when he got outside, Monkey had fallen asleep watching the fire, which was now burning out.

Ryo’s new goal for the next day: find a way to abandon Monkey in the wilderness.